lol I have ridden past JW Jones Lumber Co. before. Funny it made it all the way to NY.
I'm confused why you cut out the center of 1 dash kit to fit in the center of another dash kit. Seems (to me) easier to just fill in the top of the silver one. I dunno.
Either way it looks good.
Well it turned out neither bezel actually fit correctly when using 2 dins worth of equipment. I had originally bought the silver one because I liked the curves better, and the fact the opening was smaller so you didn't have to use the din trim rings... but the hole was in a different spot because I used the red bezel to mock up last time I had a HU. So I bought the red bezel again.. but it turns out that opening was off about 1/2" (instead of 1" on the silver). So I had to choose a bezel to use.. Given I had already modified the red one to accept the carPC mounting ball/bracket I figured the easiest thing to do was to take the silver opening section out and graft it onto the red because the red one was larger to begin with (cause you need the trim rings).
The whole thing of making lemonade out of 2 lemons.
Took lunch hr and pealed off the rest of what I would describe as a plasticoat on the bezel. Not really a clear coat, kinda like a shelf liner. Fun times.. I also hand sanded the piece and applied a coat of icing. After tomorrow's work I should be able to proof it in primer and see what spots I may have to fix. Woohoo!
this has to be by far one of my faverate build logs, i always catch new stuff when i read this log. I just read it from beginning to end again has always been a great inspiration. I'm gonna be doing an amp rack, ive been looking at ideas for things, and i remembered reaidng your log and seeing your rear deck mount and thought..you know what, that might be a fantastic fucking idea :O i should do that. so that's why i was poking around and i saw some of the updates. hope you have it ready before the seasons out so i can see it at another show.
Coworker had a great suggestion. Use velcro to attach the wiring to the back of the amp rack trim piece. Worked well.
I also mounted the trim piece and tucked the wire ends.
Found out I did have my Cont +, and Switched + wires reversed on the H700. That's why I had to load my settings every time, and was getting a turn-on pop. Doh! That's what I get for not having the original wiring harness.