2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread - Page 21 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011   #501
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 135 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread

Only Chef can ride on my horse.

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011   #502
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 137 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

‪Family Guy - Brokeback Mountain from the point of view of the horses‬‏ - YouTube

saddle up partner.
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2011   #503

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 141 MHLY01 will become famous soon enoughMHLY01 will become famous soon enoughMHLY01 will become famous soon enoughMHLY01 will become famous soon enoughMHLY01 will become famous soon enoughMHLY01 will become famous soon enough

Love the sub work
MHLY01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011   #504
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 135 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

HU Brackets are done and mounted:

Also measured, cut, trimmed, and fitted the donor piece for the radio bezel. Going to glue it in place today during lunch.

Old 08-08-2011   #505
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Bezel mocked in place. She'll work out great! I have some adjust-ability in my brackets to get the opening perfect. Controller fits great on top of the HU (no pic).

Started gluing the pieces together. Stuff sands nice once cured so the sloppy application is no worry.

Old 08-09-2011   #506
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Lunch update:

Amp rack trim piece has been re-carpeted. Looks much better the 2nd time! Amazing what you can do when you have a big enough piece of carpet.

The pads wont be seen. The anchor bolts are just long enough.. with the carpet on the pads I would have a hell of a time grabbing threads to secure it down.

Old 08-09-2011   #507
DIYMA 500 Club

NCSQ Founding Member

Rep Power: 135 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

lol I have ridden past JW Jones Lumber Co. before. Funny it made it all the way to NY.

I'm confused why you cut out the center of 1 dash kit to fit in the center of another dash kit. Seems (to me) easier to just fill in the top of the silver one. I dunno.

Either way it looks good.

I like building stuff. I'm not very good at it but I enjoy it.
Notloudenuf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2011   #508
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
lol I have ridden past JW Jones Lumber Co. before. Funny it made it all the way to NY.

I'm confused why you cut out the center of 1 dash kit to fit in the center of another dash kit. Seems (to me) easier to just fill in the top of the silver one. I dunno.

Either way it looks good.
Well it turned out neither bezel actually fit correctly when using 2 dins worth of equipment. I had originally bought the silver one because I liked the curves better, and the fact the opening was smaller so you didn't have to use the din trim rings... but the hole was in a different spot because I used the red bezel to mock up last time I had a HU. So I bought the red bezel again.. but it turns out that opening was off about 1/2" (instead of 1" on the silver). So I had to choose a bezel to use.. Given I had already modified the red one to accept the carPC mounting ball/bracket I figured the easiest thing to do was to take the silver opening section out and graft it onto the red because the red one was larger to begin with (cause you need the trim rings).

The whole thing of making lemonade out of 2 lemons.

Old 08-09-2011   #509
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
This is true. Not too many stair (hardwood) vendors out this way.

Old 08-09-2011   #510

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 mellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
What do you think? HU at bottom, H700 controller at top, and middle divider bar between? Or HU bottom, controller directly on top, and fill in the gap above the controller?
any considerations for heat? I'd say the more free space around each unit, the better

Alpine CDA-117+H100 / JBL P180.2 x2 / JBL BP1200.1 / ID CTX65CS / Dayton RSS315HO-4

amungal: "Overpowering = mechanical stress; Underpowering = thermal stress"
mellephants is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011   #511
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

More lunch updates. Power sanded the bezel down. Gotta say I'm a happy camper! Just a quick sand and the pieces are blended really well. Going to hand sand a bit, and apply some icing tomorrow.

I also remounted the LED strips, and this time I started tech flexing the wiring.

Old 08-11-2011   #512
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Took lunch hr and pealed off the rest of what I would describe as a plasticoat on the bezel. Not really a clear coat, kinda like a shelf liner. Fun times.. I also hand sanded the piece and applied a coat of icing. After tomorrow's work I should be able to proof it in primer and see what spots I may have to fix. Woohoo!

Old 08-11-2011   #513

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 mellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enough

What is the big hole at the top for?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Alpine CDA-117+H100 / JBL P180.2 x2 / JBL BP1200.1 / ID CTX65CS / Dayton RSS315HO-4

Old 08-11-2011   #514
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellephants View Post
What is the big hole at the top for?

Allows the ball mount to poke through so I can attach my carPC mounting cradle to it.

Old 08-11-2011   #515

DIYMA freshman

ahhh yes. Durr!

Old 08-11-2011   #516
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 236 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only Chef can ride on my horse.
Giddie up cow girl!!!

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011   #517
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
Giddie up cow girl!!!
You making the trek up to the Syr IASCA show 9/3?

Old 08-11-2011   #518
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 236 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You making the trek up to the Syr IASCA show 9/3?
Cant, long weekend and I am going to Chattanooga to take my sons fishing and camping.

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011   #519
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 119 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

this has to be by far one of my faverate build logs, i always catch new stuff when i read this log. I just read it from beginning to end again has always been a great inspiration. I'm gonna be doing an amp rack, ive been looking at ideas for things, and i remembered reaidng your log and seeing your rear deck mount and thought..you know what, that might be a fantastic fucking idea :O i should do that. so that's why i was poking around and i saw some of the updates. hope you have it ready before the seasons out so i can see it at another show.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011   #520
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Thanks man.

Ya it's been quite the journey, but I'm really loving the state it's in now. Some finishing touches and she's done!

Old 08-12-2011   #521
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 119 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks man.

Ya it's been quite the journey, but I'm really loving the state it's in now. Some finishing touches and she's done!
sweet. i'm gonna start my shelf tomorrow, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 8 sharp thats me rocking the table saw and router at 8 in the morning my neighbors love me

got any tips you could share? im gona do a small shelf, maybe 8 inches tall and layer it i think. we'll see how things turn out, but i can't go to wide, gatta make sure i have room for the subs
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011   #522
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Was hard to see the areas I had to fill/build up so I put a couple coats of filler primer down. Not too bad. Little cleanup on the body line, and spots here and there.

Yes I haven't cleaned up the hole yet.

Old 08-18-2011   #523
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

More updates from yesterday:

Coworker had a great suggestion. Use velcro to attach the wiring to the back of the amp rack trim piece. Worked well.

I also mounted the trim piece and tucked the wire ends.

Found out I did have my Cont +, and Switched + wires reversed on the H700. That's why I had to load my settings every time, and was getting a turn-on pop. Doh! That's what I get for not having the original wiring harness.

Old 08-18-2011   #524
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 136 scooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enough

Damn it man, every time I see that thing I want to do my rear deck drawer more and more. I can't wait to get it done and in! I love the wood look of it! Looks soo sick! Nice work!
scooter99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2011   #525

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 75 blackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enoughblackknight87 will become famous soon enough

It never ends!

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71
blackknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement