2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread - Page 26 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011   #626
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
Haha. Would you rather have some chic singing about a picnic? .
LOL not really, but there's stuff in the middle too.

J/K man, I'm fine with it.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011   #627
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 135 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Mic on my phone turned Rebecca Pidgeon into Periphery!

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011   #628
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 125 Salami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I ended up scoring some free 3yr old laminate counter tops w/stainless double-bowl sink on Craigslist.
So your system will have everything including the kitchen sink!! Can't wait to see how you mold that into the dash too.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011   #629
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 136 scooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enoughscooter99 will become famous soon enough

Just make sure you don't criss cross the hot with the cold plumbing! LMAO! And make sure the water line is at least 8" - 10" away from any electrical outlet! HA!!!
scooter99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011   #630
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 135 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Well I feel like a moron..

I last measured the box using packing peanuts. I came up with an estimate of .58ft^3... Well it was way off when I double-checked it with water. I put a trash bag in.. which did leak a little but not bad.. and filled it with exactly (6) 1.7l tupperware containers of water. Will that = 10.2l which according to the calculator online is .36ft^3. Wow. WTF. No wonder my 10" small sealed sub struggled to go below 35hz.

Guess with this change of events I'm going to seal the 8" sub. It'll fit right into the manufactures recommended box w/displacement.

Here's a few pics of today. I pre-drilled the mounting screw holes, and countersinks, and wrapped the baffle adapter w/carpet.

Last edited by BowDown; 09-15-2011 at 12:19 PM..
Old 09-15-2011   #631

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 mellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well I feel like a moron..

I last measured the box using packing peanuts. I came up with an estimate of .58ft^3... Well it was way off when I double-checked it with water. I put a trash bag in.. which did leak a little but not bad.. and filled it with exactly (6) 1.7l tupperware containers of water. Will that = 10.2l which according to the calculator online is .36ft^3. Wow. WTF. No wonder my 10" small sealed sub struggled to go below 35hz.

Guess with this change of events I'm going to seal the 8" sub. It'll fit right into the manufactures recommended box w/displacement.
haha! well, that works

Alpine CDA-117+H100 / JBL P180.2 x2 / JBL BP1200.1 / ID CTX65CS / Dayton RSS315HO-4

amungal: "Overpowering = mechanical stress; Underpowering = thermal stress"
mellephants is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011   #632
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 ecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enoughecbmxer will become famous soon enough

I did the same thing. Used packing peanuts and thought I was at 0.8 or so when I built the box, turned out it was 0.63 exactly when I filled it with water (didn't think to do the trash bag inside mine, but it was out of the car so oh well).

2010 Subaru WRX: H-Audio Enigma, Trinity and Ebony, sealed IDQ10v3, Massive Audio NX5 (sub+midbass) and NX4 (mid+tweet) amps, Alpine INA-W900BT with H100 Imprint, RAAMat/Ensolite, KnuKoncept/DIY wiring
ecbmxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011   #633
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Almost there. Going to cut the port hole out today, run new wiring into the box, put in some fiberglass, mount the sub baffle down, then reinstall in the car.

Old 09-16-2011   #634

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 mellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enoughmellephants will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Almost there. Going to cut the port hole out today, run new wiring into the box, put in some fiberglass, mount the sub baffle down, then reinstall in the car.

port hole? thought your last post said you were sealing it?

Alpine CDA-117+H100 / JBL P180.2 x2 / JBL BP1200.1 / ID CTX65CS / Dayton RSS315HO-4

amungal: "Overpowering = mechanical stress; Underpowering = thermal stress"
mellephants is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011   #635
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Wow quick reposonse eh?

I'm going to still run a port tube, but I will cap the end. The port will be 12.5" long which will increase my box volume to 0.45ft^3 which is an ideal Q enclosure.

Old 09-16-2011   #636
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 118 slvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enoughslvrtsunami will become famous soon enough

so, let me get this straight. The port tube is not for making the enclosure a tuned port from a sealed, its just adding necessary volume?

Looks great by the way but will you EVER be done??

2007 Toyota Yaris Four Door, the only thing extra is AC and automatic.

Two year planning stage... almost there!!
slvrtsunami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2011   #637
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Ha. Sub stage is the only thing I'm not completely thrilled with. Hopefully this is the ticket.

Ya the port will be capped so effectively it's just adding to the box volume.

Old 09-16-2011   #638
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Alright. Sub is perm mounted to baffle adapter. Gaskets applied. Mocked up box extension tube and cut out the hole. Had to do some sanding by hand as I don't have a 2-7/8" hole saw, just a 2-9/16"... Mocked up the tube after cleaning the box. I tried to fit the box w/tube coupler attached but there's no way. So I'm going to have to notch the nut and with a few screws fasten the nut to the inside wall of the box so I can then just screw the port into the box after installation.

Need to install the fiberglass insulation, 2 new pairs of wires, and fasten down the sub baffle yet. Not as much progress as I would of liked. Looks like Monday might be the day to hear this thing. Still gotta buy the cap from Lowe's for the tube.

Old 09-16-2011   #639
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 152 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

I'm likin' where this is heading....great job with the 2 tone carpet on the sub enclosure

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011   #640
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 125 Salami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished roadSalami is on a distinguished road

Hah!! Your sub enclosure has a boner!
Old 09-17-2011   #641
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 152 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
Hah!! Your sub enclosure has a boner!
So does your screen name....

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2011   #642
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Well of course, and a big one at that!!!
Old 09-21-2011   #643
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 120 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

This is very impressive build. ton of work, but it looks great!
quickaudi07 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2011   #644
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

True.

Well I used some adhesive and glued the wires in, and also glued the ring down. I also used 4 screws against the tabs on the ring to take stress off the ring when removing/attaching the port tube.

I also stuffed the enclosure with some R13 un-faced. As long as I'm happy with the glue after it cures I just need to make an MDF plug for the 2.5" conduit tube and I'm good. Apparently they don't fucking make 2.5" Conduit end caps?

Old 09-22-2011   #645
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Great progress today. I stripped back the wires inside and outside of the box. Terminated them to the sub and disconnect connectors. I also cut a proper length piece of conduit, glued the ends on, and also fabbed up a plug from poplar for the end. The sub is now screwed down to the box baffle. The security screws and bit I bought from PE suck! So I used drywall screws. All that's left is to put a piece of insulation in the port tube, and mount everything back in the car!

Old 09-22-2011   #646
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 119 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

lol your getting really good at that sub box. it looks professionaly done. very nice. but i still dont get why the type r? is it because of the size of it? what size is that sub anyways. :\
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011   #647
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Check out the thread in SQ about it. Then you'll know.

I heard one first hand and it sounded awesome for a lowly 8" sub.

They love small sealed, ported, and IB. Not your ordinary Alpine sub.

Old 09-22-2011   #648

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 3cyltrbo will become famous soon enough3cyltrbo will become famous soon enough3cyltrbo will become famous soon enough3cyltrbo will become famous soon enough3cyltrbo will become famous soon enough3cyltrbo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Check out the thread in SQ about it. Then you'll know.

I heard one first hand and it sounded awesome for a lowly 8" sub.

They love small sealed, ported, and IB. Not your ordinary Alpine sub.
Mine wasn't even broken in when you heard it.

literally it had about 1hr of normal use (with zero break in)

imagine once it loosens up a bit!!!
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011   #649
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Can't wait. I will power mine up for the first time tomorrow during lunch.

Old 09-23-2011   #650
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Well the tube is a bit long and is running into a dash obstruction that I can't do anything about.. is I'm going to have to build a shorter one and try again. Hope to finish up the new one after work. But I was able to get the sub in and hooked up despite the sub box sticking out of the dash about 1/2" .

Initial thoughts.. sounds damn good. I think I lost a little impact, but I gained alot of what I was missing in the 30-45hz range. Sub does fall on it's face below 30 though.. but it is an 8" w/half the RMS rated wattage going to it.

Should be able to loosen it up in the coming days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement