2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread - Page 63 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015   #1551
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Car Tunes Stereo Center Berkley, MI
Position:
Garage Manager

Rep Power: 141 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Mobile Audio View Post
Makes sense, seems unlikely 10w RMS would be a thermal rating... Thanks for being a guinea pig!
My Tang Band Bamboos are only rated at 12W, and I was running them off the front 2 channels of a JL HD 900/5 in my Genesis Coupe, and off 2 channels of a Sony Mobile ES XM-450G now. Haven't had any Power issues. They're in pods, and crossed over in the 350ish range, IIRC.

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Skydiving without a parachute is a once in a lifetime experience.
JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2015   #1552

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Bankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enough

I just got a 2011 Ford Fusion sport with the sony 12 Speaker W/ navigation. I as with many other's have been inspired by the work you put into your build. I would love to immatate your spare tire IB set-up but everyone tells me I'm crazy. lol I think I want to go active for the front stage for the first time and I also am planning a removable Microsoft surface pro 3 in and was wondering your thought's as the best way to Wire it in. (besides wireless bluetooth) Have you looked into any of the many "gesture" controllers for headunits?
Bankrupt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2015   #1553
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 134 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrupt View Post
I just got a 2011 Ford Fusion sport with the sony 12 Speaker W/ navigation. I as with many other's have been inspired by the work you put into your build. I would love to immatate your spare tire IB set-up but everyone tells me I'm crazy. lol I think I want to go active for the front stage for the first time and I also am planning a removable Microsoft surface pro 3 in and was wondering your thought's as the best way to Wire it in. (besides wireless bluetooth) Have you looked into any of the many "gesture" controllers for headunits?
It does take a bit of madness to cut such a large hole in the spare tire well. But damn the results were worth it.

Just make sure you use materials and oiled air cleaner to keep the elements out.

I haven't done much into the gesture end of things. Mainly because the steering wheel.controls are so convenient. Waving my hand in front of my face instead of just moving a finger that's already in the steering wheel.doesnt make much sense.

Are you planning on keeping sync? If so u could bluetooth the surface to the sync system? Not exactly sq but good enough otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrupt View Post

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015   #1554
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Car Tunes Stereo Center Berkley, MI
Position:
Garage Manager

Rep Power: 141 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Don't mean to mess up the thread, but it might be helpful info to others.
I'm getting ready to switch up to a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. Not 100% sure if I plan to use it with one of Sony's AppRemote capable radios (which would allow me to retain satellite radio, AM/FM tuner, etc.) or not, but I don't need to the way I'm doing it.

I used a Behringer UCA222, which is essentially a USB mixer which gives me a set of RCA outs, an Optical out and a headphone jack out. I'm using an Anker 4.8A Car charger, an OTG USB Y cable, and an Amazon 4 port USB hub. This will all be feeding into my Audison Bit One via the optical out.

I don't know if this setup will work with the Surface, tho. It should, but I'm no expert.

The down side is if I don't retain a HU of some sort, I lose my tuners...AM/FM/satellite. Not a huge deal, except I listen to a lot of baseball and football games while commuting, and they usually get blacked out online, so I can't stream the station's website feed. I could do the satellite radio app, but it sucks and drops signal when standing still.

But, anyway, I figured other people might stop in here to see this install and the previous tablet install, and this might help.

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
Skydiving without a parachute is a once in a lifetime experience.
JayinMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015   #1555

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Bankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enoughBankrupt will become famous soon enough

I really want to do the spare tire IB setup so I think I might just cut the hole, then I don't have a choice! ha ha ha
I think it would be super easy to interface everything with bluetooth in the fusion, just looking for ideas on hardwiring. I do plan to use a bluetooth DSP though!
I'm trying to mold the dash piece so when the tablet is absent from the dock all you see is a 1/4" high bar. (with magnets in it) So everything would be "stock." Click, click, in go's the tablet (with a retainer under HVAC vent) and an 8" Navigation turns into a 12". I don't know how to integrate the backup camera to switch to the Tablet when it's docked, but play on the in dash 8" without the tablet, any ideas? Hardware or Software with bluetooth?
Do you have any changes planned in your audio system anytime soon?
Bankrupt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2015   #1556

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 102 barracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enough

Really nice build, with a tons of work!

I also try to put a pair of BGneo8s in my Car and just dismissed. Too much phase conflicts in my Car (Honda Accord 08); even with DSP-Z8 tuning possibilities.
I just keep my Neo3PDRW as tweeters, ones are just amazing in details.

Did you have difficulties when you tuned your config with Neo8s, like center focus?

Zapco-Audiofrog-Eton-BG-Image Dynamics...

..and a beast in progress
barracuda777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2015   #1557
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 134 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Can't say I have with just the neo8's. When I had the neo3's in there too my imaging was a bit large.

Past 2 iasca finals I have scored 48 out if 50 in imaging. Have it dialed in. Lol.

Old 05-18-2015   #1558
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Anyone following this thread that wishes to continue on my next installation journey you can find it here! 2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread v2.0 - Audiofrog!

Old 05-18-2015   #1559
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 108 derickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enoughderickveliz will become famous soon enough

Thanks for letting us know!
we love it!
D.

My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
Mercedes Benz CLA 250, Pioneer P-99, IDQ12d4v3 Subwoofer, ... ID min Horns, 6.5" Midbass!
derickveliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015   #1560

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 26 sc1984 will become famous soon enoughsc1984 will become famous soon enoughsc1984 will become famous soon enoughsc1984 will become famous soon enoughsc1984 will become famous soon enoughsc1984 will become famous soon enough

Has anyone tried using just using a single unit? I am looking at using a AMT uppermidrange/tweeter. Don't really have the room for a midrange up high in the doors or on dash. Is this possible while maintaining quality and staging? Or is this unrealistic without using a supertweeter for higher frequencies on axis?
sc1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016   #1561

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 BigFishK5 will become famous soon enoughBigFishK5 will become famous soon enoughBigFishK5 will become famous soon enoughBigFishK5 will become famous soon enoughBigFishK5 will become famous soon enoughBigFishK5 will become famous soon enough

Sweet, build. Now ... to get my wife to let me tear her 2012 fusion apart.
BigFishK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2016   #1562
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Coming soon...

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement