2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread - Page 7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010   #151

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Audio Electronics
Position:
Installer

Rep Power: 104 audio+civic will become famous soon enoughaudio+civic will become famous soon enoughaudio+civic will become famous soon enoughaudio+civic will become famous soon enoughaudio+civic will become famous soon enoughaudio+civic will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2010 Fusion SQ Installation Thread

its freekin snowing again. I will never get to wash my car.

Country music sucks.
audio+civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010   #152
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 137 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

New addition to be installed soon. 2-Channel, 32-Band per channel EQ. Time to tweak it a little here, little there.

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010   #153
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 137 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Well I listed the EQ on ebay. I figured there was no use getting it all tweaked and such when I physically have no room to install it. I refuse to expose the EQ. I want everything hidden best I can. So I bought a PPI EQ230 off a fellow member here. I will be able to fit that under the false floor, and remove it from the cradle to tweak settings up front.

More grill cloth action to happen soon. Going to wrap my radio bezel in burgandy colored grill cloth along with a couple accent pieces in the car. Want to get my 2 tone interior back.

Also in this off time I have been working on the car. I installed a nice compustar remote start system. Mmm... nothing like coming out to a nice warm car in the winter.

More updates in the next week or so. Project is VERY close to being done. Don't think I have ever been able to say those words.

Old 02-15-2010   #154

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 153 brandont will become famous soon enoughbrandont will become famous soon enoughbrandont will become famous soon enoughbrandont will become famous soon enoughbrandont will become famous soon enoughbrandont will become famous soon enough

Grest looking install, especially the a-pillars; they remind me of when I had planar tweets up there.

I can appreciate the need for a stealth trunk, here's something you can do with the PPI EQ: I made a custom straight through Cat-5 cable and kept the cradle in the trunk and the control piece stayed in my glove compartment. Works great, if your glove compartment has room, if you're like my wife, it may not even close due to all fo the stuff inside

brandont is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010   #155
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Thanks man.

I just swapped out the IDQ12v2D4 for a DIYMA R12. Given the ohm differences I also swapped out the (2) 2075 amps for my old JBL BP1200.1 (1200 @ 2, 600 @ 4). Verdict is still up in the air. The DIYMA sub defiantly has more output. It gives you that kinda kick drum thump that was missing with the IDQ. But the IDQ had a more natural sound to the bass. It really didn't stick out in the stage and blended well with the midbass/front stage. The DIYMA kinda reminds me of being at a concert with a mic'd kick drum. Not exactly realistic sounding, but in your face force.

Verdict is still out on this one. I'm thinking just to be fair I might swap back to the IDQ and keep the JBL installed.. but I really have to watch it because with the ohm load the IDQ will present the JBL is going to unleash 1200watts RMS.

Old 02-17-2010   #156
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Subs swapped back and the IDQ w/JBL is the winning combo. Just sounds so much better! Natural bass is a wonderful thing. Put a conservative tune on the gain... we'll see how long before I explore more.

Old 02-17-2010   #157

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 2167 will become famous soon enough2167 will become famous soon enough2167 will become famous soon enough2167 will become famous soon enough2167 will become famous soon enough2167 will become famous soon enough

Is that Diyma broken in?

"Have a Positive Day"
2167 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2010   #158
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Ya, it was being used by a buddy of mine. He offered it to me straight up trade for the IDQ. I tried it out with various crossover points/slopes... just like the IDQ better.

Old 03-02-2010   #159
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Amp swap time!

Well my (2) 2075's weren't quite cutting it in the power dept. So I have retired them.. and I got such a good deal on a pair of matching old school (early 90's, note the hardwired power wires) Alphasonik PMA-2150IX's .

They put out the same current as my old USA2150 was (front stage).

I only have a picture of the 1.. but they are in excellent shape. Even have the protective film still on the decal plate!

Installation pics will be taken today.

Old 03-05-2010   #160
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Got 1 of the 2 in temporarily because I had to ship out my USA2150. Sounds very nice. Have to say all the pigtail wires off the amp is a pain in the ass. What I wouldn't do for screw down terminals. I'm going to solder/heatshrink all connections this weekend. The amps don't have any fuses either.. requires an inline 30A. So I picked up a MAXI style stinger fuse block. Should be here saturday.

Old 03-05-2010   #161

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 117 SQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enough

Looks great. I like stealth installs my self. I think you definatly accomplished what you were going for. What do the pillars look like from the front and side windows now that they are wrapped?

I am considering doing something similar with my truck and am curious to know if they still stand out to somebody who is just walking by the car.

Also Have you thought about making up something that would fill in the spokes of the spare with mesh? this would provide a bit more protection for the sub and would keep it from geting jabbed by anything in the trunk that may slide under there.
SQCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010   #162
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

I will snap a couple pics for ya from the window view.

I'm actually going to cut out an over-sized circle cover of automotive carpet and sew a nice stitch all the way around with a couple velcro pads. That way I don't have to worry about trunk contents damaging the wheel. There's no real worry about anything getting to the sub.

More install pics this weekend!

Old 03-05-2010   #163
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

I did find 1 pic of the pillars installed from the windshield view. I don't believe you will be able to see them from the side windows. I'll check later today.

Old 03-06-2010   #164

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 117 SQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enoughSQCherokee will become famous soon enough

Wow, I like that...some one would really have to be scouting cars to break into to even notice.

Does it throw off your view while driving?

[edit]
Wow, I just looked these up on parts express...I was under the impression that they were really really expensive...they are not bad at all.

They look alot like the tweet units martin logan uses in the preface speakers.

MartinLogan | Preface

I may do a similar setup in my truck.

Last edited by SQCherokee; 03-06-2010 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: forgot something
SQCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2010   #165
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Na it doesn't effect my vision at all. Prbly sticks out an inch or so beyond the stock trim piece. More pics tomorrow.

Old 03-06-2010   #166
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 139 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Mine are even less noticeable... I had bigger pillars to work with....

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2010   #167
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 151 niceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enough

Very nice job overall....I've always wanted to try the TB mini subs and have just ordered a pair of the 6.5" subs for my little brothers Dakota R/T truck....

I'm about to try some Neo3s (PDR or not, can't remember) in my van's a pillar as well to replace some large format tweets...

Keep up the good work and nice choice on the car....Ford's finally offering some nice sporty cars instead of keeping them all in Europe or Aussie land
niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010   #168
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

New amps are in. EQ is in. 1hr tune on EQ and I would have to say the stereo sounds phenomenal! Best system I have ever heard.

Had to rewire for the new equipment:

Old 03-17-2010   #169
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Alphasonik amps are very nice.

Got a good solid bass tune on the PPI EQ. Sounds great!

Old 03-20-2010   #170

DIYMA Novice

12V Company:
Syracuse Customs
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 125 Syracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enoughSyracuse Customs will become famous soon enough

Nice Crossovers !

DYNAUDIO - HYBRID AUDIO - ARC AUDIO - Focal - Mosconi - BRAX / HELIX - DIGITAL DESIGNS - Phoenix Gold - IASCA & MECA Event Holder - IASCA Certified JUDGE SQC IQC
Syracuse Customs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010   #171
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 139 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

wonder where he picked that junk up from lol.....

[QUOTE=ruffryderso;992691]Nice Crossovers ! [/QUOTE

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010   #172
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryderso View Post
Nice Crossovers !

I'm completely happy with them. Thanks again!

Old 03-30-2010   #173
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

MORE UPDATES!:

I'm going to start the sound deading phase of this install soon. I plan on sound deadening the doors foil backed material, and foam. Will also be installing some second skin speaker tweaker pads. The trunk area is also going to receive some foil backed material.

I originally used MDF baffles, but while I'm at it I'm going to swap them for these baffles I made from a non-porous cutting board. Some sanding is in order yet once I mock them up.

Thinking of starting a new thread once I get the rest of my material.

Old 03-30-2010   #174

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 116 jorgegarcia will become famous soon enoughjorgegarcia will become famous soon enoughjorgegarcia will become famous soon enoughjorgegarcia will become famous soon enoughjorgegarcia will become famous soon enoughjorgegarcia will become famous soon enough

I said it once and I'll say it again,

I love your trunk

And please keep all your post about this car on this thread, I have it bookmarked and keep looking back and forth thru all your pics and post.

Planning & Install [00%]
Parts [100%]
Buying new car. The cycle starts all over again.
jorgegarcia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010   #175

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 92 thechainrule will become famous soon enoughthechainrule will become famous soon enoughthechainrule will become famous soon enoughthechainrule will become famous soon enoughthechainrule will become famous soon enoughthechainrule will become famous soon enough

You have inspired me. I am going to do a Neo8 A pillar install in my grand cherokee. Do you have the dimensions of the first enclosure you made by chance? The one with just the neo8 driver or would you be willing to sell them?
thechainrule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement