LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011   #226
req
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 130 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Thunder's 2009 Camry SE build log - from the gound up..

i might try that dry wrap on my volkswagen stuff, its got some soft touch rubber stuff that peels away, looks like a solid alternative to buying new stuff

req is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #227

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 48 mine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enoughmine4118 will become famous soon enough

nice attention to detail....great job..
mine4118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #228
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Rep Power: 72 Thunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enough

More pics coming soon... Interior completed.

The Build - Version 2 - Wiring by Stinger (power & speaker), Audison (block) and WestCo (Custom Interconnects)
Thunderplains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #229

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 57 h1-vltg will become famous soon enoughh1-vltg will become famous soon enoughh1-vltg will become famous soon enoughh1-vltg will become famous soon enoughh1-vltg will become famous soon enoughh1-vltg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderplains View Post
More pics coming soon... Interior completed.
That is just plain wrong...teasing us like this, can't wait to see them!
h1-vltg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #230
DIYMA 500 Club

Addicted to 12 Volt

12V Company:
TAS Electronics
Position:
Install Tech

Rep Power: 140 Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

That is some phenomenal work. The wiring job is among the best I have ever seen, and all the detail work with the cf wrap and logos really compliments your attention to detail nicely.

I'm really impressed that you went through the trouble of keeping the spare accessible, and those subs look sweet inverted like that.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #231
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Rep Power: 72 Thunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enough

Well guys.. A new update..

I recently moved into a new home and due to some stuff that needs to be done, I will be downgrading my system for now (soon you will see the Hertz, Zed and P99 deck up for sale)

I know, sucks mucho, BUT, this is only temporary.. Right now I have a Kenwood XR-5S that will power my system (P5200BT deck) and i am looking for some suggestions for a "nicely" priced 2/3 way set & sub.

Once all the house stuff gets done and some stuff my my kids, ill be back (I plan to keep the work I did in the trunk, so it could be put back)

On another note, the interior looks real good.. and i will put some pictures up soon..

The Build - Version 2 - Wiring by Stinger (power & speaker), Audison (block) and WestCo (Custom Interconnects)
Old 07-09-2011   #232
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Well.. New Update...

I am not going to sell anything YET, so I am in process of re-doing my trunk.. again..

Old 07-09-2011   #233
Classifieds Access

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 52 eighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enough

Pics! You owe us pics from last time. lol. atleast tease us into the new updates.
eighty5iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #234

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 40 hough73 will become famous soon enoughhough73 will become famous soon enoughhough73 will become famous soon enoughhough73 will become famous soon enoughhough73 will become famous soon enoughhough73 will become famous soon enough

the build looks the dog b@llocks
hough73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #235

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 71 bmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enoughbmwproboi05 will become famous soon enough

man. makes me want to do my sister car.... but that be on a tight budget/ handy downs.lol

2006 pwp tsx
Alpine 9886 / Focal krx2 / Focal Fp 2.150/ Jl 500/1 / Jl 300/4
2012 Ridgeline Sport:
bmwproboi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #236

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 tonyd219 will become famous soon enoughtonyd219 will become famous soon enoughtonyd219 will become famous soon enoughtonyd219 will become famous soon enoughtonyd219 will become famous soon enoughtonyd219 will become famous soon enough

Wheres the finished trunk pics?
tonyd219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011   #237
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

I'm getting there.. Trying to balance life stuff and working on the car.. A little bit more time..

Old 10-10-2011   #238

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 39 sq_guru will become famous soon enoughsq_guru will become famous soon enoughsq_guru will become famous soon enoughsq_guru will become famous soon enoughsq_guru will become famous soon enoughsq_guru will become famous soon enough

I'd like to see some pics of the finished & installed A-pillars. Nice work. Did you move that ground?
sq_guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #239
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq_guru View Post
I'd like to see some pics of the finished & installed A-pillars. Nice work. Did you move that ground?
Actually.. after doing some seperation of the power and signal even further away, it got alot better.. I have not heard the feedback in quite some time,
BUT I still plan to move the ground..

Update: I have gutted the trunk and decided to go with one Sub and one amp..
This is to make some more space and also to fun an upgrade to the front end to the MLK series speakers.. I am going all fiberglass in the trunk, I have perfected my skills over the past few months..
I am also redoing the A-pillars to move the mids down and out a tad more for imaging and, IF POSSIBLE, I am going to try to do a mold and the A-pillars in CF

More to come..

Old 11-28-2011   #240
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Ok back to drawing board..

Here is the new plan..

Previous was the follwing (head unit not changing)

(2) ZED Kronos Amps (Sub duty)

(1) ZED Levithan (front end)

(2, then 1) ML 3000
MLK165 with HL70 mids for front end.

New setup..

(1) Kronos (MidBass) est. 300wx2 at 4ohm
(1) Levithan (tweets, Mids, SUB) 170x4 & 600x1 at 4ohm (Gotta love these amps)
ML3000 for sub duty
ML280,ML700 & ML1600 (MLK 3 PA setup minus the X-overs) for front end

Re-doing pillars completely (same setup roughly, different angles)
Trunk will be maximized for space and I will be getting away from using wood as medium and puting alot more time into glassing.

This time around and based on various input, I am putting more focus on the mid-bass rather than the Sub duty. The MLK165 has great midbass, the ML1600 (new) has fricken mind blowing mid-bass. and all those who know Hertz know that they LOVE power. I am dedicating a Kronos amp for Midbass duty and will be driving close to 300w to each side. The doors on my car (if you have seen the BL) have been sealed beyond the needed, so the Midbass should bring me to tears.. The more I have been doing the re-design, the more I have been leaning more towards having superior mid-bass response then having a powerful low end. I am tempted at crossing at 50Hz once I get the new ML1600 in place, we'll see.

Also, the difference volume wise on the sub between the 1000x1 on the Kronos and the 600x1 on the Levithan is close to not noticeable.

So some items will be up for sale shortly, including the barely used, purchaszed new ML3000 (2 ML3000s both running 1000w each were a tad too much, esp since the ML165s are amazing when it comes to mid bass.. I had them crossed at 60Hz.

So, the build will start a-new, ready for spring showing (local area) and HOPEFULLY some sort of comps. but mostly for my satisfaction from DIYMA..

And for all you new comers to this arena, yes, this is a sickness without a cure and you will never be satisfied with what you purchased thinking you will be satisfied with it especially if you are a member here. Never.

Last edited by Thunderplains; 11-28-2011 at 08:20 AM..
Old 11-28-2011   #241
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 112 bertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura aboutbertholomey has a spectacular aura about

Nice update! I went from 160 watts per midbass to 300+ per midbass, and I believe I saw real gains with my Seas drivers.

bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011   #242

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 54 NoelSibs will become famous soon enoughNoelSibs will become famous soon enoughNoelSibs will become famous soon enoughNoelSibs will become famous soon enoughNoelSibs will become famous soon enoughNoelSibs will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to NoelSibs

Can't wait for the build pics! 300watts for mid bass, man that's awesome power! I'm sure those things will sound great! Good luck with your new plan... I'm sure you'll be happier with it once it's done
NoelSibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012   #243
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Hiatis is over.. Time to rip her apart..

Old 07-23-2012   #244
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 121 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

woot!

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #245
Classifieds Access

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 52 eighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enougheighty5iv will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderplains View Post
Hiatis is over.. Time to rip her apart..
hell yeah!
eighty5iv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #246
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Version 2 under way

Old 09-03-2012   #247
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 40 oilman will become famous soon enoughoilman will become famous soon enoughoilman will become famous soon enoughoilman will become famous soon enoughoilman will become famous soon enoughoilman will become famous soon enough

Sub'd

Damn auto correct

Team audionutz
oilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012   #248
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Everything up for sale! with pictures..

MASSIVE, HUGE SALE - Hertz, ZED, Pioneer and lots-o-misc

Round 2 is coming shortly..

Old 09-06-2012   #249
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Current work..

The floor from top of rear seat to pedals is being covered in Stinger RoadKill
Apply roadkill to inside of various plastic parts in car that do not yet have it (remaining vibrations found from first build)
Factory carpet pads are being replaced with Stinger Carpet pad (today)

Pictures to come.

Next step, run new RG6 based RCA cables from deck area to rear. (Complete overkill)
Re-assemble car so wife can get her parking space back.

Last edited by Thunderplains; 09-06-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Old 09-06-2012   #250
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Anonymous Founder

Alright.. SO the new equipment list..

Kenwood DNX6990HD (I was going to do the 9990HD, but the differences to ME were not worth the extra $400)
Audison Bit One
Hertz ML3000 (1)
Hertz ML280
Hertz ML700
Hertz ML1600

Amps are in the Air at the moment.. but one of the goals with this build is
Stealth.. I need 3 amps, so, they will have to be small and powerful.

The top 2 I am looking at right now is The Kenwood XR series and the JL HD
series.. Also looking around for others, but I do not want the cost to get out of control.

RCAs will be custom this time. I am using Monster MVquad RG6 (complete and utter overkill) and monster quicklock RCA compression connectors.

Current plan calls for the tweets to be in the dash, aimed and the mids in the sail panels, aimed and hidden. Then everything else will be hidden between the trunk and backseat. When you open the trunk, you will not see much.

So my primary goal is a ton of power and sonic clarity while making the install clean and as minimal as possible. So it is all going to be about placement..

This is requiring a LOT more planning and use of dead space in the car.

More to come.