unusual 2way install - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010   #1

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 101 yuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enough

Default unusual 2way install

the Car is a fiat bravo .
its small 2door economical diesel hack that i use for work .
600/700 miles a week so i spend some time in it and the factory sounds was total crap ..

as i carry some tools for work i ripped the back seat giving me the extra room i needed but left me with the dilemma of where to fit the subs and keep the space in the back ?

All the install was done by my friend and top UK installer,
Paul (mazdawg) Coughlan who amongst other accolades was the first guy to break 170db in the uk 20 years ago ..
and he continues to Build some of the best and loudest spl cars/vans here in the UK , so my little install is a piece of cake to him .

the kit is

Pioneer deh-p 88rs II
Kenwood KAC 1023 X 2
Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro Ti x 2
Phase linear Aliante 10 x 2

i had bench tested all the gear in my garage and it sounded pretty together ,
how it will sound when its all fitted in the Car ???????

Ti builds

[/QUOTE]
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 101 yuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enoughyuri will become famous soon enough

Default Re: unusual 2way install

these are the first door builds .

Paul was not happy with them and we decided the way forward was for complete wooden door builds to be made

so on to the new builds

Last edited by yuri; 08-14-2010 at 06:32 AM..
Old 08-14-2010   #3

DIYMA Novice

just in case saved
Old 08-14-2010   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 108 trevordj will become famous soon enoughtrevordj will become famous soon enoughtrevordj will become famous soon enoughtrevordj will become famous soon enoughtrevordj will become famous soon enoughtrevordj will become famous soon enough

VERY cool! I have always wanted to see someone put some anthony gallos in a car. I have orb audio drivers (which are very similar) and I love the sound. Great job!

-Trevor
trevordj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
All the install was done by my friend and top UK installer,
Paul (mazdawg) Coughlan who amongst other accolades was the first guy to break 170db in the uk 20 years ago ..
and he continues to Build some of the best and loudest spl cars/vans here in the UK , so my little install is a piece of cake to him .
In the USA we had Alma Gates -
Quote:
# 1998

* 172.2 dB, Alma Gates' Bronco has 64 PPI Pro 10" drivers and 32 PPI PC2350 amplifiers (45 kW). The 1" thick plate glass windows have survived 172.8 dB. Her signal source is track 61 on the dB jams CD, which is a 39 Hz Triple Tone Burst (unclipped sine, 50%, 100% clipped square) which was then ran thru a tripling gimzo to generate a 117 Hz tone. From the outside, Alma Gates' Bronco was described as like "metal being beat to death, it sounds like a machine gun or something." Rumor is that she is adding another 20 PPI 10" subs.
* 171.3 dB, 2nd place, Jeff ???, 12 Stroker 15D2's and 7.2 kW of power, only 0.9 dB behind team Gates with a fraction of the drivers and wattage.

# 1997

* 162 dB Alma Gates
2010 - 20 years = 1990

Did he beat Alma for loudest vehicle ?
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010   #6

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by a$$hole View Post
In the USA we had Alma Gates -

2010 - 20 years = 1990

Did he beat Alma for loudest vehicle ?
hi a$$hole .
when i am next speaking to Paul i will get the details for you ,,
Old 08-14-2010   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
hi a$$hole .
when i am next speaking to Paul i will get the details for you ,,
No problem.

Beautiful install !
Old 08-18-2010   #8

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Jussi will become famous soon enoughJussi will become famous soon enoughJussi will become famous soon enoughJussi will become famous soon enoughJussi will become famous soon enoughJussi will become famous soon enough

Hi yuri!
How those Ti's are fastened to the a-pillar pods? This is very interesting system and gives me some new ideas!
Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010   #9

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 KnightWhoSaysNI will become famous soon enoughKnightWhoSaysNI will become famous soon enoughKnightWhoSaysNI will become famous soon enoughKnightWhoSaysNI will become famous soon enoughKnightWhoSaysNI will become famous soon enoughKnightWhoSaysNI will become famous soon enough

Cool pods! I kinda like your design, simple and straight forward
KnightWhoSaysNI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Vibrandt, Inc.

Rep Power: 148 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

I might borrow this idea, clean and simple, I likey!!!

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 94 benhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enoughbenhinkle711 will become famous soon enough

Beautiful pods. Are the pillars and pods wrapped or painted? Great job so far I look forward to seeing the doors finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Their milk comes in bags, do you have ANY idea how hard it is to get and keep your used motor oil in a goddamn bag?
benhinkle711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 82 Installer4life will become famous soon enoughInstaller4life will become famous soon enoughInstaller4life will become famous soon enoughInstaller4life will become famous soon enoughInstaller4life will become famous soon enoughInstaller4life will become famous soon enough

"A" pillar pods are incredible....
Installer4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2010   #13

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
No problem.

Beautiful install !
hi a$$hole ,
sorry my mistake , it was just after 9/11 that Paul broke the 170db in the uk ,i have a link but i can't seem to navigate the site , awaiting for further info from paul ....

dBDRA Official Event: Posers Promotions
Old 08-19-2010   #14

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Hi yuri!
How those Ti's are fastened to the a-pillar pods? This is very interesting system and gives me some new ideas!
there is a threaded bolt hole in the Ti's that is bloted from the rear of the pods

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhinkle711 View Post
Beautiful pods. Are the pillars and pods wrapped or painted? Great job so far I look forward to seeing the doors finished.
they are vinyl wrapped , more pics soon
Old 08-20-2010   #15

DIYMA Novice

Suround will have a grill made once trimmed

[/QUOTE]
Old 08-20-2010   #16

DIYMA Novice

[/QUOTE]
Old 08-20-2010   #17

DIYMA Novice

[/QUOTE]
Old 08-21-2010   #18

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 maxxis will become famous soon enoughmaxxis will become famous soon enoughmaxxis will become famous soon enoughmaxxis will become famous soon enoughmaxxis will become famous soon enoughmaxxis will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to maxxis

Amazing work. Love the a-pillar and doors.

Great source of inspiration.

Alpine :: DLS :: www.audiozine.co.za
maxxis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 118 The Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the roughThe Baron Groog is a jewel in the rough

Pictures say a lot more on here then your iphone

Gonna try and do some more on the Mini next week-will keep you posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
Regardless, I agree with Baron

The Baron Groog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010   #20
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 232 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful work but how much do your doors weigh now?

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/DSC03919.jpg

from this to ...

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/DSC04141.jpg

another 60 to 80 pounds in weight and the sound improvement is probably 3 times at least of what it was !
Old 08-21-2010   #22

DIYMA Novice

[/QUOTE]
Old 08-21-2010   #23

DIYMA Novice

Just woofer grills and insert trim to do now
Old 08-22-2010   #24

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 100 sdsport92064 will become famous soon enoughsdsport92064 will become famous soon enoughsdsport92064 will become famous soon enoughsdsport92064 will become famous soon enoughsdsport92064 will become famous soon enoughsdsport92064 will become famous soon enough

Amazing job. I cannot even imagine how much work goes into these things. My friends and I can barely figure out how to screw 2 pieces of wood together.

Tell us how this 2-way install sounds when it's all done, make sure you keep updating please!
sdsport92064 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 122 funkalicious will become famous soon enoughfunkalicious will become famous soon enoughfunkalicious will become famous soon enoughfunkalicious will become famous soon enoughfunkalicious will become famous soon enoughfunkalicious will become famous soon enough

What material did you use to wrap the doors? Will you do further dampening on the door skins and door card? Like the clean lines!
funkalicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement