LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2007   #1

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 146 simplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound

Default Just finished the Mustang install referred from this forum :) pics

hey guys...about a month or so ago, a member posted on the forum asking for someone to help him install his sytem in his 03 mustang, i responded, and Mike, the owner, was nice enough to let me give it a go... the results are below...

Its rare for me to find a customer who appreciates SQ as much as Mike does, so i really took it on my self to go a step further than what he originally planned on doing His budget was 1000, and for most shops, that dont get you too far, when you think about dampening and fab work We originally talked about just a simpel amp rack in the rear, and straight forward box in the trunk...but...things chagned once i started

that post was here:

Bay Area, CA- Looking for an installer

anyway, lets get started:

goals:

1. install of all gear int he back seat area
2. dampening of key vibration areas
3. good sound quality overall

lets get started wtih the dampening:

the entire back seat area, all the way up to the rear deck, is dampened with customer supplied raammat, also dampend were the large plastic interior panels, along wtih both door panels:

moving onto the audio part, customer supplied alpine headunit resides in the stock location, note remote bass knob flushed into the panel beneath the HU and next to the LED

The customer also supplied a pair of Image Dyanmics CSX62 chameleon components. Unfrotuantely, due tot he LARGE size of these speaker, they dont fit int he doors (not even close), and the ONLY way i found that i can fit htem is with wrelatively off axis kicks...so in they went...

moving onto the major attraction, the back seat area, here is hwat it looks like all closed up.

Note the dual IDQ31 31band rack mount eqs facing foward, concealed by tthe seat when they are in the normal position. The vent in the front of the floor rack is an air inlet for a crossflow fan

note the mustang logo in raised vinyl on the main cover

and here is what lurks bgehind the covers. two imgae dynamics ID10s, trimed in blue suede fire forwards, and two arc audio 2100xxks, along wtih a kicker crossover, resides in a suede lined well underplexi and my logo. the fan, keeps them cool

finally, he has managed to keep about 70 percent of his trunk space, via a fake carpeted wall that extends to both sides, spare tire is still fully accessible

overall, i havent done a rear seat delete install like this in a long time, and i think it turned out okay and it does sound pretty dynamic overall, with eye level imaging and staging

2012-2013 Mobile Electronics Magazine Top 100 Installer
Facebook
Website
Yelp
simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Blends No. 27

12V Company:
Hi_Fidelity
Position:
Lead Installer

Rep Power: 126 Vestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Just finished the Mustang install referred from this forum :) pics

I must say, the pictures don't do it justice. I had all my installers look at it, and their jaws just dropped. It was a beautiful install in person. I thought it sounded pretty good as well. The ID mids have mucho midbass.

Good job Bing!!

USUC World Champion - Stock System Class. Super Street Division. Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw.
Vestax's Install
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 116 khail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing his $1000 budget went out the window?

Alpine 7998*Phass MW160*Clarion APA4320*Peerless 2"*Seas Neo*Next VRz4.400*OZ ME12*PG x400.1

Premier 860MP*PG Zeropoint ZCS6*Pioneer SW-2541D*Sony ES XM-5046
khail19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 119 daitrong will become famous soon enoughdaitrong will become famous soon enoughdaitrong will become famous soon enoughdaitrong will become famous soon enoughdaitrong will become famous soon enoughdaitrong will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to daitrong

geez, how much did it cost you?

daitrong > minitruckfreq
daitrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 124 alphakenny1 will become famous soon enoughalphakenny1 will become famous soon enoughalphakenny1 will become famous soon enoughalphakenny1 will become famous soon enoughalphakenny1 will become famous soon enoughalphakenny1 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to alphakenny1

i hate you bing. nice work man as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daitrong View Post
geez, how much did it cost you?
he's the installer .

HU/Processing: W200/H701
Drivers: IDQ12D2v3/Dyn MW160/Lotus RM110/Seas neo Alum
Amps: Alpine PDX 4.150/4.150
alphakenny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 121 ocuriel will become famous soon enoughocuriel will become famous soon enoughocuriel will become famous soon enoughocuriel will become famous soon enoughocuriel will become famous soon enoughocuriel will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to ocuriel

What a stunning install! Makes me want to redo mine. Props to the installer. Nice choice of gear too.
ocuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 108 rekd0514 will become famous soon enoughrekd0514 will become famous soon enoughrekd0514 will become famous soon enoughrekd0514 will become famous soon enoughrekd0514 will become famous soon enoughrekd0514 will become famous soon enough

Very nice stealth install. The Arc and ID equipment look beautiful as well.
rekd0514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #8

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 110 scott_fx will become famous soon enoughscott_fx will become famous soon enoughscott_fx will become famous soon enoughscott_fx will become famous soon enoughscott_fx will become famous soon enoughscott_fx will become famous soon enough

Heh...not really THAT stealth :-D

but i agree, great job!

New System in progress:
M10k
Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
Phaze LDX-23 active x-over
Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ tc-9
Crystal DAC ~ Joshua Tree Stepped Attenuator
Transreflective Xenarc

My [old]Car Pc Install
scott_fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #9

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 146 simplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nicesimplicityinsound is just really nice

Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound

i kept the labor rate at 1000 bucks

i do this because i enjoy it, not to make the biggest buck , to me, the look on a customers face, after he sees/hears it is worth way more than money hehe...lets see what the custoemrs says after he sees it in a few hours in person sure, i think if it was a normal install, iw ould have charged about 1500-2000 for it...but since mike was nice enough to talk to me, and since hes referred throught he fourm, i figured, why not make his day?

b

p.s. yeah its not all THAT stealth...BUT, the cusotmer has the chances to make a carpet that goes over the floor to hide it better

just to let you know how strong it is, the picture of the kicks, i took while sitting my ass down on the amp rack, and i weight over 200 lbs haha

b

Facebook
Website
Yelp

Last edited by simplicityinsound; 03-12-2007 at 06:56 PM..
Old 03-12-2007   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 ArcL100 will become famous soon enoughArcL100 will become famous soon enoughArcL100 will become famous soon enoughArcL100 will become famous soon enoughArcL100 will become famous soon enoughArcL100 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to ArcL100

Purrrrrrdy!!!

-aaron
ArcL100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #11

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 105 fit_tuner will become famous soon enoughfit_tuner will become famous soon enoughfit_tuner will become famous soon enoughfit_tuner will become famous soon enoughfit_tuner will become famous soon enoughfit_tuner will become famous soon enough

do the kicks get in the way of regular driving? they seem kind of in the way... but everything else looks good, great work as usual.
fit_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

Seen Rock City

Rep Power: 122 MiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enoughMiloX will become famous soon enough

Bingster.....

Noice work as usual.

Brian Young - 2012 Ford F-150 Raptor
Phoenix Gold|Dynaudio|Audience|AudioMobile
Team Audio Designs- Hardcore will never die.
MiloX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #13

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by camry_tuner View Post
do the kicks get in the way of regular driving? they seem kind of in the way... but everything else looks good, great work as usual.
not that bad, i wear size 13 shores, and i can shift fine,...unforutantely, do to the large size of hte chameleon, this is about hte ONLY way i can fit hte kicks in the car without going into some major fabbign such as relocation of stuff behind the stock kick and molding it back, so there really wasnt much of an option to save more space now if we had DLS ultiamtes i there...then we could easily save another inch out of hte kicks

i think after a few days, once your foot gets used to it, it shouldnt be a problem.

customer just picked up the car, maybe he will chime in when he gets home

b

Facebook
Website
Yelp
Old 03-13-2007   #14

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 ID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, I am the owner of the car. I have quite a bit to say, so please be patient with me. Bing more then deserves my feedback, and thoughts on this process of working with him, and ultimately now the finished product.
First and foremost, I'd like to thank the forums, and especially Anthony "Vestax", for referring me to Bing. I started communication with Bing through emails, and he is unbelievably fast and consistent with his responses. We exchanged quite a few emails, and I finally visited him in person to go over my equipment and ideas.
Secondly, I am not one to show off anything I have, I am a very private person. I just love the car audio hobby, and cars in general also. In this specific case, I have no problems whatsoever having it shown off, because Bing just does top notch work. It deserves to be shown, all his hard work, and his passion for the field is unbeatable, honestly.
My dealings with Bing could have not gone any better, he is a class act, plain and simple. I'd like to even say I made a friend through this process, I'd bend over backwards for this guy if he ever needed a favor from me. He's awesome to deal with, and as the car audio plan changed a bit he gave me break after break, it was really unbelievable.
Prices you can pm me for that. It hardly went over my intended budget, very surprisingly. I was amazed at the layout, materials used, all the dampening. I didn't ask for many of the things Bing did, he went out his way to please his customer. I don't want to go on and on about Bing, but he seriously deserves it, he's a great guy, loves car audio, and anyone that is thinking of having a new system installed, etc. Please take it to him, you will not be disappointed, I gaurentee it. By the way I am very hard to please, I am a perfectionist with alot of things.
I haven't had enough time to listen to the system, and plus I'll have fun for days on end adjusting all my eq bands, but for now it sounds absolutely awesome. 200w to each side for the chameleon's, its just so natural, clear, and very punchy mid bass-- I really got them because of the midbass. The two id10's just sound absolutely great, not too much for me, but trust me you can make them POUND hard. I just love where he put the bass knob, I can just adjust the bass to my liking.
Just I can go on and on as I said, but I just couldnt be happier. It is absolutely the best money spent in my life, bar none. Everything about the process was awesome. I'm not the type of guy to kiss anyone's ass, but this is just simply the truth, Bing is just great at what he does, but most importantly he has a PASSION and LOVE for the car audio world, and I gaurentee you---WILL---go the extra mile for you. Any more questions, feel free to fire away. By the way, the kicks are fine, no problem whatsoever. I even tapped the driver side a couple times already slightly, that thing is so strong, it asked me to kick it harder next time.
Take care everyone, Mike

References- w00tah, raamaudio
ID Myke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

The Anti-Rice

Rep Power: 126 unpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enough

Damn the legend does it again , making my work look like childs play . ALSO props for doing all of that work for 1k , that just spills passion all over the floor.....makes me want to vomit and give you a high five...NICE WORK....and feel free to chime in o amy of my projects bing for some much needed tips.
unpredictableacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 102 The Blue Blur will become famous soon enoughThe Blue Blur will become famous soon enoughThe Blue Blur will become famous soon enoughThe Blue Blur will become famous soon enoughThe Blue Blur will become famous soon enoughThe Blue Blur will become famous soon enough

that is an incredible installation!
The Blue Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Blends No. 27

12V Company:
Hi_Fidelity
Position:
Lead Installer

Rep Power: 126 Vestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enoughVestax will become famous soon enough

Mike, I'm glad things worked out for you. I know you already have an alarm but if you need additional work done it, you can always call me up for that.

USUC World Champion - Stock System Class. Super Street Division. Special Edition Bose 26 piece speaker system with enhanced ported tweeters. 89.2 db Legal, 89.6 db Outlaw.
Vestax's Install
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #18

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

thanks for the kind words mike...

i want to let you know that the feeling is completely mutual.

To me, the things that bring me the most enjoyment is a good customer. One that understands what SQ and nice install means, and gives me the freedom to create. You have also been accomodating and supportive along the entire process...infact, when your car came in, i couldnt sleep the night before, coming up wtih designs in my head to start on monday morning

It was defintely my pleasure working on your car, any future assistance or needs, dont hesitate to contact me at all I will do my best to help you in any way, shape or form

just please dont refer people who want to use rack EQs in a tight dimensions install again

Facebook
Website
Yelp
Old 03-13-2007   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!

The Anti-Rice

Rep Power: 126 unpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enoughunpredictableacts will become famous soon enough

So if you started on monday how long does the average install take?
unpredictableacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007   #20

Diyma Ninja

12V Company:
Simplicity In Sound
Position:
owner

average install on my site takes 3-4 days...with the Zs and Gs i have done so many (30 plus) i can do them with my eyes closed so 3 days ish...

but regardless, i always ask for 4 days, and a soft deadline, and i always leave at least half a day after its all done to wash and vacuum the car, check one last time for any possible defects, and tune the car, before handing it back to the customer...

this way, it keeps the return trips low...so far, out of the isntall i have done in cali, about 70 of them...i have had a total of 2 customers come back with any kind of issue resulting from my labor whcih sorta acutally resulted in the crappy adhesive i had to use when i first moved out here and the warehouse only had these

Facebook
Website
Yelp
Old 03-13-2007   #21

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 ID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enoughID Myke will become famous soon enough

Hey Anthony, thanks for the offer man on the alarm, in fact I might want to upgrade it in the near future. I will contact you for that for sure. Thanks again.
Hey B, thanks again man, I couldn't be happier. This is like Christmas 10x over early. haha. You deserve all the praise man, really do.
Anyways to Anthony and B, hopefully I see you guys sometime down the road.
Anytime you need me B to show off my car to someone or go to a meet, let me know man, I'll help you out with advertisement anytime.
Take care, Mike

References- w00tah, raamaudio
ID Myke is offline   Reply With Quote