Scan Tweeters (D3004 &...
WTB: Hybrid Black L3 Pro
WTB: Hybrid Black L3 Pro

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Rep Power: 63 oca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enough

Default Arc Audio PS8

Product Brand & Model: Arc audio PS8

Condition of all items: Excellent, used for a couple of days. I posted a mention in a thread that I was considering selling this, but I can't keep track of the phone calls, SMS and PMs... so post here.

Total Price: : Whatever the market can bear. I have an idea of what I can get for it. Will consider trades or partial trades. See below for details on that.

Shipping Terms: : Will Fedex overnight if you are a trusted member here, but would rather deal with someone local who can pick it up in socal

Additional info: This is a great unit. I was anticipating its release for a long time. I don't use a HU in my Car because there is no room to mount one and the stock location does not allow DIN. I might be able to fit a HU in the glovebox and extend the faceplate, but if I'm going to do that, I might as well get a P99 or similar and call it a day.
I've installed it. It sounds great and lives up to expectation in that regard. I just have to admit that without the remote, I personally cannot use it... and I don't know how long it will be before the remote actually comes out.

I will consider trades or partial trades. You guys are all knowledgeable about Car audio, so I'll list my current system, and you tell me what I might benefit from... I like switching gear. I will not use anything smaller than 8'' in my doors.

Audible Physics NZ3/AAT in pillars
Peerless XLS 830491 8'' midbass in doors
Focal KRX3 mids (rear)
2x FI IB3 15.
I do not need amps. I could use a high-end head unit like pioneer stage 4 stuff, if the faceplate can be extended. I could also use different 15'' IB subs, thinking of the ones AE makes.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

Last edited by oca123; 10-25-2012 at 02:27 AM..
Old 10-25-2012   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 131 BuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Arc Audio PS8

I think this is officially the first slightly used PS8 on tbe market. I ended up buying one right after our conversation and I'm still worried its going to work for me especially considering I'm keeping the stock HU.

Theres a chance I might try 3 Dyn 1200 subs IB over my current IB15s. In fact I'm going to Torrance Saturday to listen to a pair. I have a feeling the PS8 will be gone by morning but maybe we can work out a trade on the other item.

'84 GN 10.60@ 127mph.
'07 Epic Expert
'14 Trance SX with SRAM XX1 1x11 Drivetrain.
'06 TL.
Old 10-25-2012   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Rep Power: 63 oca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enough

It won't be gone by morning, because I'm going to sleep and I'm going to be busy until 3pm tomorrow.
What other item? The AE 15s?
Who is rocking 1200s in Torrance?

It will work fine with the stock HU, since your signal is analog and you can control the volume at the HU. that's what it's made for.
I can't control the volume of the optical signal. So I don't have volume control. Sometimes iPod/i20 dock let me control volume, most of the time it doesn't and its unpredictable. I can't use the stock HU signal because the Bentley HU does a lot of processing to it, so de-EQ is not enough to cancel the time alignment, reverb and other weird sh.t the OEM signal has. And I'm not going to take apart my HU to solder some wires to get a clean signal from the HU. Though, I guess, if you know someone who knows how to and will... I'd do it and keep the PS8.
Old 10-25-2012   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 101 beef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enoughbeef316 will become famous soon enough

Price is needed.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Jeremy Daniels - Team Arc Audio
Spring Break Nationals Champion - 2014 MECA Modified Street, 2013 IASCA Amateur SQ
2013 IASCA INAC Runner Up - Amateur SQ
Old 10-25-2012   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

$890/MSRP and Fedex overnight is on me. If buyer is not local, will need to way to verify that payment is legit. I need go to to bed now

Last edited by oca123; 10-25-2012 at 06:24 AM..
Old 10-25-2012   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Bump. I'll do $800 with Fedex 2nd day.
Or I will take a 6to8 with remote bluetooth and toslink.
Or maybe a 3sixty.3 and some cash.
If doing a trade I will provide shipping label so we can both ship and receive at the same time.

There is nothing wrong with the PS8. It works great. I just need something with a remote volume pot.
Old 10-25-2012   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 DevilSun will become famous soon enoughDevilSun will become famous soon enoughDevilSun will become famous soon enoughDevilSun will become famous soon enoughDevilSun will become famous soon enoughDevilSun will become famous soon enough

I'll take it if you take PayPal or something! I know I'm newly registered, but work with me please, I can provide references.
Old 10-25-2012   #8

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 98 Velozity will become famous soon enoughVelozity will become famous soon enoughVelozity will become famous soon enoughVelozity will become famous soon enoughVelozity will become famous soon enoughVelozity will become famous soon enoughVelozity will become famous soon enoughVelozity will become famous soon enough

Ahh if only this listing was next week instead of now...

Project Big Tree complete...Build Log
Clarion HX-D3 - Steg - Dynaudio - Audible Physics - Image Dynamics - Raammat - Optima - Streetwires

2011 MECA Street SQL National Runner-up
2011 MECA Street SQL North Carolina State Champion
2010 MECA Street SQL North Carolina State Champion
Old 10-25-2012   #9

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 73 xxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enough

who else would be in Torrance on a Staurday at Work that has 2 Esotar IB's,

12 noon 19210 Van Ness

Carrozzerria D7XIII, RS-P99x, RD-7X, CD-7X, XDV-6P • SPEAKERS ZR LABS Prestige - W18mm • Planar 12mm • ZR25N • Dynaudio - Esotar's 12's IB • 2 - Ground Zero Reference 2ch • Ground Zero Reference 4ch • Sonus S wire • Eichmann 99.99 AG/CU teflon
Old 10-25-2012   #10

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 82 onebadmonte will become famous soon enoughonebadmonte will become famous soon enoughonebadmonte will become famous soon enoughonebadmonte will become famous soon enoughonebadmonte will become famous soon enoughonebadmonte will become famous soon enough

I have a new 6to8 and can put a little cash on top and cover shipping to you. I don't have the remote or toslink though.

1995 Olds Cutlass Cierra |JVC HU |JBL MS8 |PowerBass 3.5" Coax |MTX Thunder Axe 5.25" components |2 18" Fi Audio IB3 |2 US Acoustics 2150
Old 10-25-2012   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 140 newtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enoughnewtitan will become famous soon enough

Where are you located for local pickup?
Old 10-25-2012   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Newport Beach
Old 10-25-2012   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 131 BuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx_busa View Post
who else would be in Torrance on a Staurday at Work that has 2 Esotar IB's,

12 noon 19210 Van Ness
I'm haulin ass back to Ca, I will be there. If oca123 wanted to hear both the Dyns and AEIB15s in one place, this would be the time. I wish I could bypass the MS8 because things are getting really flaky. Sometimes the tweeters are harsh, sometimes the bass is muddy and overbearing, sometimes it sounds great. I feel like the MS8 sort of castrates any sub so to speak but you can get an idea of how they sound anyway.

'84 GN 10.60@ 127mph.
'07 Epic Expert
'06 TL.
Old 10-25-2012   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

no shit, AE 15s and Esotar 1200s, I better go hire some ninjas, to help me rob you guys!!
Man, I had plans for Saturday, but...... I'll see what I can do
Old 10-25-2012   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Ok, I've got offers via PM, but the first one to reply here was DevilSun, who I've got the PS8 tentatively sold to.
Old 10-26-2012   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 81 Coppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really niceCoppertone is just really nice

Congrats on the quick sale, sorry to hear that it did not meet your current needs.

Ram 1500 CrewCab 4x4 Hemi powered.
** FS: Limited Edition SoundStream amp ***
Old 10-26-2012   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 124 brett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to brett

buick, i might see if i have the time to swing over to torrance before i head to work. i'd like to check out your ride, if that's ok?

changes coming....
Old 10-26-2012   #18
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
Congrats on the quick sale, sorry to hear that it did not meet your current needs.
Well, I received some very good offers, some by txt, some by PM, but I felt it would be fair to simply post it here.
I am glad the first person to respond is a new member. I hope that he will stick around.

Brett, you work on Saturdays?
Old 10-26-2012   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 124 brett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enoughbrett will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to brett

and sundays! yes, i'm an art teacher and weekends are the busiest times for me. however i have thu/fri off.

changes coming....
Old 10-26-2012   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
buick, i might see if i have the time to swing over to torrance before i head to work. i'd like to check out your ride, if that's ok?
Definitely. I just installed the PS8. Major problems with it. I can't change any settings. It doesn't seem like my speakers are playing full range but my midranges have a ton of excursion so I'm a little worried. It's like I'm not able to talk to the PS8.

I literally had a tooth fall out yesterday. No pain at first but lately I'm in all kinds of pain. Luckily I had some painkillers left over for my back but I can't drive if I take those. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it or not tomorrow. I really want to hear those Dyns but if I feel like this tomorrow I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll PM you my number if you want to send me a text tomorrow. I'm shooting for noon Saturday but I can't see any possible way to have my system up and running right. If I go I'll bring the laptop in case someone more computer savvy wants to take a shot.

'84 GN 10.60@ 127mph.
'07 Epic Expert
'06 TL.
Old 10-26-2012   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

hold the reset button next to the barrel plug. all the lights hsould turn on. plug the USB cord in, start the software. If you're lucky, it will say "Aux mode " in the status bar at the bottom left. Regardless - Go to check for new firmware. A new version was released in the last 2 days. Flash the device, then when its done (hex stuff on the left stops scrolling) click "restart PS-8". Don't Power off the device. Exit the software, unplug USB, plug USB back in, start software again.

Does it say "unable to get hardware version" or the like? Does the status bar say "Disconnected" in red? Any other error messages?

Txt me in the morning to let me know if you're going. If you don't end up going, Bret, am I not on your way to work?
Old 10-27-2012   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!

... Squirrel!!!...

Rep Power: 457 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Matt, you did load the software per the instructions, correct? (Save to desktop, etc)

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
Old 10-27-2012   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 96 slade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enoughslade1274 will become famous soon enough

I know someone with the 6to8 controller he decided not to use if you go that route and need one.

build log 08 BMW 135i
Old 10-27-2012   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade1274 View Post
I know someone with the 6to8 controller he decided not to use if you go that route and need one.
well,im considering going back to carphter, but headless and with usb volume knob.... it sounded the best with long FIR filters....
Old 10-27-2012   #25
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

So, BuickGN, are you going? If so, let me know, I gotta find a song that has a long note of the right frequency... the resonant frequency of that nerve.... hahahaha. kidding....
Closed Thread