DIYMA R12 for $50, but if it has to be shipped :/ - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Importer / Exporter

Rep Power: 5000 imjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond repute

Default DIYMA R12 for $50, but if it has to be shipped :/

Product Brand & Model:

DIYMA R12, you know the one

Condition of all items:

Used, has a crease in the cone, subs functions 100% it just has that little crease from when it was installed in the previous owners hatch with no grille.

Total Price: :

$50 picked up in or around Nashville TN

Shipping Terms: :

I want to ship this thing like I want to spend the night in prison wearing a school girl uniform. BUT, if it has to be shipped it will be on the buyer to pay actual costs.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

I bought this from the original owner many many years ago, he barely used it and I've used it even less. So, over all very little use, but there's crease. It didn't affect anything other than the visual.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other Car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2

Importer / Exporter

Rep Power: 5000 imjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond reputeimjustjason has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: DIYMA R12 for $50, but if it has to be shipped :/

SOLD

...and I have to ship it :/
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 247 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm shuddering at the thought of Jason in a school girl uniform...

OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...HASTE MAKES WASTE
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 104 cheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
SEND PICTURES!!!!!

cheebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

Importer / Exporter

Can't be half as bad as I am shuddering at the thought of boxing and shipping this beast.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 86 bigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enoughbigbubba will become famous soon enough

Wow, That's a nice looking sub. Hadn't seen one of those before. Any good?

bigbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

Importer / Exporter

Some people love them. They don't really have a lot of output, which is how they were designed. Npdang, the originator of this forum, designed them to just blend away, which they do. You have to give one about 600w in a 1/2 cu ft box to get there, oh, and you're midbass needs to be on point.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Been here long time

Rep Power: 914 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing you can do is get them reconed by someone like Psi or similar. They'll end up a little heavier so they'll have a little less upper extension, but that badass motor will Power anything, and the low inductance insures it is REAL quick regardless of cone.

I blew one up (ripped the cone) by going too small a box. LOL don't do that.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, Build almost complete MS-8, Massive NX4 pair, Massive N3, ID X6x9, Wavecor center, Alpine SPX Pro tweeters, Sundown SD3 10's
2017 Colorado just starting
fourthmeal is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 138 wheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the roughwheelieking71 is a jewel in the rough

I liked them better in 1 cube.
I agree on power. I would say 600 is a minimum. 750 is nice.
It will hang on 1000 in 1 cube. In 1/2 cube with 1000watts, the cone will fail.
They are an amazing subwoofer.
But, if you are even the least bit of a "bass-head", this is not the sub for you.

I have three of them, and probably owned 10 of them over the years.
I only ever had one fail. It was the cone that failed when I was getting rambunctious with the volume knob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Fuck the dash, I am driving.
wheelieking71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 146 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
Found it

Yeah i`d rather put on that uniform than ship that sub.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11

Importer / Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
Yeah i`d rather put on that uniform than ship that sub.
all day
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 146 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
all day
No shit...

It looks like you need to make a baffle to screw it to.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 247 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
No shit...

It looks like you need to make a baffle to screw it to.
That's the only way I'd do it. I made a wooden crate one time to ship an IDMAX 12. Holy hell that cost a fortune! The post office was not happy when I plopped that heavy box on their counter.

OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...HASTE MAKES WASTE
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 121 aztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enough

I'll post some pics of how to ship the sub.. never had one fail on me yet..

2014 Mustang GT-Pioneer 80PRS -Morel Integra Ovation XO6 -Ground Zero 4125SQ
aztec45 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #15

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 121 aztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enoughaztec45 will become famous soon enough

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #16

DIYMA freshman

Double box, small and medium heavy duty box from Home Depot.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 104 cheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enough

great idea but very HEAVY! I got a free sealed box in the deal!

cheebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Two great options on how to ship a sub that has lots of dense muscle

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #19

Importer / Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebs View Post
great idea but very HEAVY! I got a free sealed box in the deal!
The sub itself weighs so much that a little extra mdf meant nothing really, plus, I knew it would be safe that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustjason For This Useful Post:
glockcoma (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 75 Got-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enoughGot-Four-Eights will become famous soon enough

Anyone know what year this sub came out?

2014 Mustang GT - Stock Deck w/Mosconi 6to8
ARC CXLR-4150 on Illusion Audio C8 comps active
Mosconi One 240.2 on Alumapro Alchemy 12"
WestCo RCA cables, IXOS 5 Farad CAP
Team Audionutz South
Got-Four-Eights is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement