The Sale - To help my Son - Hertz, Kenwood, Mosconi, etc.. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 104 Thunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enough

Unhappy The Sale - To help my Son - Hertz, Kenwood, Mosconi, etc..

Hey everyone.. Thunder here..

So, short story.. My Son was driving to school and some idiot went right through the stop sign on the right hand side and my Son T-boned him at 45MPH and completed destroyed his car. He is doing better and in PT, but devastated. So Dad decided to part out his beloved Camry to help him out.

For those that know me and those that don't, here is my build..

Thunder's 2009 Camry SE build log - from the gound up..

100's of hours of time, effort and numerous re-dos to get it perfect. My equipment was never abused or sonically tortured in any way.. It was all for the name of clarity, not senseless noise. It is all near perfect condition (see pictures) Speakers broken in correctly, Amps also burned in correctly.

So any help would be appreciated as this is most painful.. There will be a future for me back into sonic bliss (keeping the wire runs in the Camry from front to rear), but Family first.

I would rather have my DIY family have a run rather than the thoughts of ebay..

Please PM me if interested, don't leave a "I'll take.." in the thread, PM first.

Product Brand & Model:
Kenwood DNX9660HD w/Ipod cables, parking brake bypass & Sirius SXV200 (needs antenna, $14 @ebay) Includes all manuals, trims, etc like is was just taken out of box.

Kenwood XR-1S (1) and XR-4S (2) amps (manual, tools, screws incl)

Mosconi 6to8V8 w/ BT adapter (looks like the day I opened it from SiS)

Hertz ML3000
Hertz ML700 (set)
Hertz ML280 (set)

Custom A-pillars 09' Camry (flocked, but need a little touch up or stripped and redone to your liking - Made for ML700 & ML 280)

Lighted Hertz Sign (blue)

**All speakers include boxes, grills and anything else that came in box when opened brand new. I will also include 100% butyl rubber gasket material with the speakers (perfect seal). Not sure if I have boxes for other items, ill will check. Mosconi ships in original box as seen.

I have all the custom wood from the build (see trunk pictures) sans sub box and would be willing to entertain offers, but shipping will need to be discussed.

Condition of all items:

See pictures. Near perfect condition. says 1000 words..

Total Price: :

DNX6990HD - $419
Mosconi 6to8v8 w/BT - $465
XR1S - $155
XR4S - $175 ea
ML3000 - $330
ML700 - $300
ML280 - $275
a-pillars (set) - $100
Hertz sign - $30

ML1600 - SOLD
ML1600 (single) - SOLD
misc wires - SOLD
battery terms, fuse & breaker - SOLD
SFD41C - SOLD

Shipping Terms: :

Included in price & insured.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

All I ask if for you to pick up the paypal fees (3.5% will be added to total), I can also take USPS Money order.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

The Build - Version 2 - Wiring by Stinger (power & speaker), Audison (block) and WestCo (Custom Interconnects)

Last edited by Thunderplains; 03-21-2017 at 06:32 PM..
Thunderplains is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 23 sq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: The Sale - To help my Son - Hertz, Kenwood, Mosconi, etc..

Just wanted to say I admired your work on the build you did as I own a camry se myself. Shame you have to part it out, but fully understand family first. GLWS
sq2k1 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 105 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

Sorry for your situation....pm sent.

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 104 Thunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq2k1 View Post
Just wanted to say I admired your work on the build you did as I own a camry se myself. Shame you have to part it out, but fully understand family first. GLWS
Wish I didn't have too.. trust me.. But he does not have a lot of money, so I want to show him what sacrifice is all about..

The Build - Version 2 - Wiring by Stinger (power & speaker), Audison (block) and WestCo (Custom Interconnects)
Old 03-19-2017   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 146 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Sorry for what happened. Did the other guy not have insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
Sorry for what happened. Did the other guy not have insurance?
He did, but its about the car's worth.. CASH value. Joke.

Old 03-19-2017   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 146 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

I would argue that all day long. Plus, your son was injured, so there should be a medical payment that the other guys ins company will pay out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
I would argue that all day long. Plus, your son was injured, so there should be a medical payment that the other guys ins company will pay out.
I am battling the "cash value", but the attorney is handling the injury side.. Problem is there, you have to completely finish treatments before a case is developed, so we are looking 3 months out to even start..

He can't even stand very long without getting a sore back.. And before the accident, he was just starting track as captain of the team..

Old 03-19-2017   #9

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 30 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

pm'd with offer
GEM592 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017   #10

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 30 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough

accepted pm'd offer on ML 1600. Expires tomorrow noon EST.
Old 03-19-2017   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM592 View Post
accepted pm'd offer on ML 1600. Expires tomorrow noon EST.
Responded.

Old 03-19-2017   #12

DIYMA Novice

Paid
Old 03-19-2017   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

All PMs replied. Thanks everyone for the response so far.. Very encouraging.

Old 03-20-2017   #14
pjc
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 131 pjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond reputepjc has a reputation beyond repute

I admire what your doing. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panny Bottlehead.... The rest... Who knows.
pjc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 81 DC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
When I had my daughter I had to part out and sell my dream system.
I had a old hot rod buddy that told me never to sell your first one. He was right.
It wasn't my first system by far but it was the best by far.

I hope you can get it all back together.
Btw, I'd love to have the 1600 and 280.
I always miss the great deals.
DC/Hertz is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC/Hertz View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
When I had my daughter I had to part out and sell my dream system.
I had a old hot rod buddy that told me never to sell your first one. He was right.
It wasn't my first system by far but it was the best by far.

I hope you can get it all back together.
Btw, I'd love to have the 1600 and 280.
I always miss the great deals.
Hey, glad to see another Hertz brother.. FYI 280 's are still available

Yea, it painful, BUT for the most part, the lessons I learned from putting this together will greatly help for the next round.. I already know exactly what I want, now it is just waiting for a bit..

Old 03-20-2017   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc View Post
I admire what your doing. Best of luck.

Hey pjc, thanks man.. There will be another time because once sonic bliss is in your blood, it does not go away..

Old 03-20-2017   #18

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 63 loner5777j will become famous soon enoughloner5777j will become famous soon enoughloner5777j will become famous soon enoughloner5777j will become famous soon enoughloner5777j will become famous soon enoughloner5777j will become famous soon enough

Length and number of RCA's there? Hard to tell in the photo

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
loner5777j is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 32 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about ur son. Glws. Great gear here.

MrGreen83 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 148 nineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the rough

i may be interested in the 4g wiring stuff. how long are the runs?

i went through something very similar a few years back. if you would like drop me a pm with your phone and i'll explain how everything works, and trust me, i went through everything your son will and then more.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people. - Brad Thor
nineball is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
i may be interested in the 4g wiring stuff. how long are the runs?

i went through something very similar a few years back. if you would like drop me a pm with your phone and i'll explain how everything works, and trust me, i went through everything your son will and then more.
Here's the breakdown..

Misc Wires (4ga power runs, custom RCA (WestCo), Speaker, etc..) see below, in inches:
3 clear/blue pairs, 24, 36, 42 (4ga, Stinger HPM)
10ga Speaker (sub) 22 & 24 with boot (Stinger HPM)
Misc 14&12ga speaker with spades between 12-23 (Stinger HPM)
RCAs - (2) sets - 15, (3) Y-cables, 27 & (2) 36
*RCAs built by Westco here on DIYMA, Superior cables.

And yea, might drop you a PM later on.. although things are moving, it is the injury piece that I wonder about.

Old 03-20-2017   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 148 nineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the rough

won't work for me. 4g runs are all too short and the rca cables are too long for my application.

don't hesitate to contact me. my situation was identical to what your son went through, right down to the totaled vehicle. mine however required some surgery as well.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people. - Brad Thor
nineball is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Wires sold.. Thanks guys, this is really helping out..

Old 03-20-2017   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

all items updated, I am flexible on pricing,

The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderplains For This Useful Post:
RandyJ75 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #25

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 8 Aslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enoughAslmx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderplains View Post
I am battling the "cash value", but the attorney is handling the injury side.. Problem is there, you have to completely finish treatments before a case is developed, so we are looking 3 months out to even start..

He can't even stand very long without getting a sore back.. And before the accident, he was just starting track as captain of the team..
Prayers to your son. I understand what you're going through. They will stick with that cash value stuff but I was lucky that my brother in law attorney fought hard and made up for it with pain and suffering. Money can never make up for your sons pain but he deserves every penny. That's why we pay ridiculous insurance premiums for.
Aslmx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread