FS JVC KW-AV70BT Double DIN...
FS JVC KW-AV70BT Double DIN...
FS: Home Audio Awesomeness....
FS: Home Audio Awesomeness....

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 redsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enough

Default 2) jl audio 12w3-d4 subs

I have (2) jl 12w3-d4 subs nice and tight, one of them the outer paper gasket is a little beat up(a couple layers peeled off).....both function absoulutly MINT....nice and tight.....$50 for one and $35 for the other....Id rather not sell the Box because the board that was used is like 3/4'' and its super heavy (unless your local)

Old 05-08-2008   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 83 redsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enoughredsoxvw will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2) jl audio 12w3-d4 subs

TTT
Old 05-09-2008   #3

DIYMA freshman

Old 05-10-2008   #4

DIYMA freshman

bump before flea bay
Old 05-10-2008   #5

DIYMA freshman

make an offer?
Old 05-17-2008   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Create a new enthusiast.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio

Rep Power: 111 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to WRX/Z28

I purchased a 100% working A600 from REDSOXVW.

Ok, so everyone ready for this? This is the amp I got.

Note the cardboard that was sandwiched between the back plate and the output devices. Yes that's a cardboard box! Also note the mismatched output devices and the ceramic resistor's where standards should be.

Note the screws that held the back plate on, and the additional pieces to keep the resistors from shorting to the backplate.

I've been scammed. The seller stated the amp was 100% operational. It looks like it's been through a war, and if it works, which I doubt, it won't for long. I've asked him for a refund, minus the shipping, and i'd return the amp, or at least a partial refund to cover partial repairs. He refuses, stating the amp worked when it left, and he never opened it. I paid $200 willingly for an amp he paid $20 for, with the understanding that it was said to be "100%". It's obviously very very damaged. I want everyone to be aware that this is how redsoxvw does business.
Old 05-17-2008   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 105 havieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enough

that sucks balls.. refund him his money
Old 05-17-2008   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Create a new enthusiast.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio

Rep Power: 111 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

It definately sucks, i've had 5+ great transactions as noted by my Itrader, and I get scammed after helping the guy with wiring questions in this thread.

OLD SChool set up PPI A600 art series and jl 12w3-d4 (pics)
Old 05-17-2008   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rollin' Down Rodeo

Rep Power: 89 BlackSapphire will become famous soon enoughBlackSapphire will become famous soon enoughBlackSapphire will become famous soon enoughBlackSapphire will become famous soon enoughBlackSapphire will become famous soon enoughBlackSapphire will become famous soon enough

Good Lord!!! Amazing. Looks worse than my first Heathkit project 25 yrs ago.

BlackSapphire --
Old 05-17-2008   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Create a new enthusiast.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio

I also want to add that I gave him every opportunity to make this situation right before I posted this.
Old 05-17-2008   #11

DIYMA freshman

Before I start getting trashed, Let me also state that Im a newbie on here and didnt know all that much about Car audio, I came here looking for info and found it with the help of this site. I ran into financial trouble and had to sell, my $20 pawn shop PPI amp....I made this sale to somone who is very knowlegable in this field, I gave as much info as I could. I dont know squat about amps, Ive never opened this amp up as I didnt need to, because it works. Now if the insides arnet what you wanted or expected why wasnt I asked to take you some pics of this stuff before the purchase if it was such a concern. I would have opened it up for you, to take pics. The item was also in your hands for a week before I was questioned about it? then I was shown pics of the amp I sold opened up......not sure about anyone else, but Im not cool with electronic equipment being opened up and then sent back.....Im not saying you did something to it but you could have, I wouldnt know. Just for the record Ive also stated that I would honor what ever paypal desides....If i was a "scammer" I wouldnt be defending myself either.....So if a newbie with a working amp is a scammer because he didnt know what was inside. Then I guess thats me.....
Old 05-17-2008   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 105 havieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enoughhavieri23 will become famous soon enough

i know it doesn't make you feel any better, but i bought 2 amps from 2 different people and they were both non working. both told me they were working. i sold one on ebay for more than what i paid, and the other i lost a few dollars. just an idea if this guy doesn't answer
Old 05-17-2008   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

I've thrown away better looking things !
Old 05-17-2008   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

Create a new enthusiast.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio

I asked you for pictures. You only sent pics of the outside. I'm sorry, but I really have the feeling that the amp wasn't working 100%, but made sound, so you decided to sell it off. Maybe you didn't know it was that bad inside, or thought you did somethign wrong, but I find it very hard to beleive that you went through all the trouble of wiring it up, ordering new plugs, and running it, only to immediately have "money problems" and sell it for 10x what you paid for it. Do you doubt that the amp is in this condition? If not, why would you still not refund my money, or give me a partial refund. If you refunded $100, you'd still be making 500% profit, and i'd have the $ to send the amp to Chris at DB-R for repair.
Old 05-17-2008   #15

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX/Z28 View Post
I asked you for pictures. You only sent pics of the outside. I'm sorry, but I really have the feeling that the amp wasn't working 100%, but made sound, so you decided to sell it off. Maybe you didn't know it was that bad inside, or thought you did somethign wrong, but I find it very hard to beleive that you went through all the trouble of wiring it up, ordering new plugs, and running it, only to immediately have "money problems" and sell it for 10x what you paid for it. Do you doubt that the amp is in this condition? If not, why would you still not refund my money, or give me a partial refund. If you refunded $100, you'd still be making 500% profit, and i'd have the $ to send the amp to Chris at DB-R for repair.
Im telling you that that amp was hooked up to my JL 12s, and sounded great to me.....I loved it...Yes your absouloutly right I have no idea it looked like that on the inside, as Ive never opened it. I went threw the trouble all the trouble of wiring it up to make sure it was done right, thats why I was in here asking questions, and darwing really cheesy diagrams....I ran it because I enjoyed it....as far as financial trouble, Im sorry I couldnt predict it....I do know that if you would have hooked that amp up when you recieved it and put some woofers to it It would have worked, but you opened it up first and didnt even try it out as stated in your PM. LIke I said I will honor paypals desicion what ever it is
Old 05-18-2008   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Melbourne's Acoustic Garage
Position:
Owner / Installer

Rep Power: 92 FrankstonCarAudio will become famous soon enoughFrankstonCarAudio will become famous soon enoughFrankstonCarAudio will become famous soon enoughFrankstonCarAudio will become famous soon enoughFrankstonCarAudio will become famous soon enoughFrankstonCarAudio will become famous soon enough

It seems to me from reading your comments, redsoxvw, that you probably knew from the time you bought the amp that it wasn't mint.
You paid $20.00 as you say, but you obviously knew its value was much higher, otherwise you wouldn't have been asking such a high price when you were selling it...
I think what you have done is, seen a bargain.. bought it knowing it will sell for much higher, joined DIYMA, again knowing this is where quality gear is used, advertised it.. then sold it.
That, if it is true, is false advertising and fraud.
You have not sold what was advertised, WRX is entitled to a refund or at the very least a partial refund, so that he can have the amp repaired and made into the condition that you advertised it to be..
Unfortunately for you, ignorance is no defence.. you will never sell another item on this forum, and your name will be mud amongst those who use this forum..

Our SQ Competition Honda Civic

2011 State Champion in MEASQ, Expert Class
2012 State Champion in MEASQ, Expert Class
Old 05-18-2008   #17

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 102 theothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enough

be rest assured we have ur ip too so dont think making a new s/n will do anything

Iamamp3pimp-Sundownz-Kpr10is-Premier-Audio-Raamaudio-Mr.Marv-Wheelieking71-go-go-thrash-Gymfreak101-Mobieous-JmanPc-
Old 05-18-2008   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 97 customtronic will become famous soon enoughcustomtronic will become famous soon enoughcustomtronic will become famous soon enoughcustomtronic will become famous soon enoughcustomtronic will become famous soon enoughcustomtronic will become famous soon enough

Redsoxvw....if you want to continue selling items on these forums you might want to make this deal right and refund the money. It is a small community and word travels fast. I'd be suprised if other people are willing to buy from you based on this transaction. I have nothing to do with the transaction and don't know either one of you but it's obvious that the amp was advertised as being in much better condition than it actually is. This is just my two cents.

'05 Magnum RT Panny B-tube HU|Zapco|HAT
Old 05-18-2008   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 118 khail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enough

redsoxvw,

If you have any morals at all, you would give him at least a partial refund to get the amp repaired. It doesn't matter if you knew about the internal condition or not, you were selling the amp and you should make good on the deal. Your integrity should be worth more than $100, although from your responses it doesn't appear to be worth anything.

Alpine 7998*Phass MW160*Clarion APA4320*Peerless 2"*Seas Neo*Next VRz4.400*OZ ME12*PG x400.1

Premier 860MP*PG Zeropoint ZCS6*Pioneer SW-2541D*Sony ES XM-5046
Old 05-18-2008   #20

DIYMA freshman

Yes I know the amp wasnt mint, I posted the scratches and pics of what I thought was not mint. the price was based on what I had been offered when I said I was going to sell. As far as the IP address goes, Im not trying to hide or change my screen name. He has disputed it with paypal, we went back and forth a couple times, I chose to escalate it on paypal to a claim.What ever they decide, I will stick by. FrankstonCarAudio, your definitly wrong on this "I think what you have done is, seen a bargain.. bought it knowing it will sell for much higher, joined DIYMA, again knowing this is where quality gear is used, advertised it.. then sold it.".....I bought it, came on here looking for info on how to hook it up, learned how good the amps were, Hooked it up....used it....took pics , needed cash and sold it.
Old 05-18-2008   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 146 captainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the roughcaptainobvious is a jewel in the rough

Shouldnt matter. You know NOW that the amp is in terrible condition. Worse than that, UNSAFE condition. I dont think its too much to ask for you to give a partial refund so the amp can be properly repaired. Especially when you are still MAKING A PROFIT. What does it matter what paypal decides? Your PEERS all agree that this is a raw deal unless some reparations are made.
You should just suck it up and give a partial refund to cover the repair cost. Everyone is a winner that way. People see that you've done the right thing and will continue to do business with you, WRX will get a SAFE working product and feel better about the deal, and you'll be able to sleep at night knowing that a piece of equipment that you bought for $20 and sold for $200 isnt going to burn someone to death in their car.
Win-Win...

Current: 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 Install build log: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...speed-3-a.html
Previous: 2005 Mazda 3 Install build log
Old 05-18-2008   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 99 txbonds will become famous soon enoughtxbonds will become famous soon enoughtxbonds will become famous soon enoughtxbonds will become famous soon enoughtxbonds will become famous soon enoughtxbonds will become famous soon enough

None of my business, but if a claim was made to paypal, he may not have a choice but to wait for paypal to rule and take action.

I have been burned two times on ebay purchases, where once a full GPS was advertised, and it arrived without anything, including cables. Made claim to paypal, and as crazy as it sounds I lost the claim with paypal and they gave the guy my money.

Another time I bought something that was never shipped, never even replied again. Made claim to paypal who said get in line, and the seller had no more funds in their account for paypal to refund. I lost my money on that one too.

Both times sellers had A+ track records with 8,000+ sells. Who knows what happened, but I do know that once paypal claims were started, the transaction was no longer in our direct control since they take control of the transaction and any funds until they rule.

Paypal can be great, but they can also walk out and freeze a sellers bank account too, so keep that in mind.
Old 05-18-2008   #23
Upgrade Your Membership!

Create a new enthusiast.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio

So I got beat. Paypal says that as long as something was shipped, that they're not responsible. They won't do anything about it. I guess I can kiss my $200 goodbye and use this thing to hold my door open. Either that or i'll mount it to my wall as a reminder that I have to be extra cautious with sellers and purchases. This is what the REDSOXVW wrote in our dispute.

"I made this sale not knowing much about Car audio amplifiers. I supplyed all information to the best of my ability. After the item was sold, the buyer waited one week after he recieved the item to notify me he didnt want the item and wanted a refund. because the insides of the amplifier were not up to his standard, as he stated in his email (which is saved)he never hooked it up to see if it worked, he just took the covers off to see inside and didnt like what he saw. Buyer was also informed the item did come from a pawn shop. The only other thing I can add Is it was working when it was shipped, and would work If he bothered to hook it up. Now after admitting he opened up an electronic device a week after he recieved it, he wants a refund? How do I know the insides were not switched as buyer has been involved with Car audio equipment for 15 years. I wouldnt know the diffrence, I gave the best decription of the item I could.....If the insides were such a concern, why wouldnt some one with 15 years expeience request that info if it was so important. I sold a working item, and dont feel I should refund somone who has taken the covers off of an electronics item and admitted it."

So enjoy my $200 REDSOXVW, I hope whatever you buy with my money fails on you. Karma dictates that it should...
Old 05-18-2008   #24

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 162 bassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond reputebassfromspace has a reputation beyond repute

I vote for a ban.

Textured Bass Mafia............
Old 05-18-2008   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 118 khail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enoughkhail19 will become famous soon enough

WRX/Z28, you need to leave negative feedback on iTrader for him, at least future buyers will be warned of this guys selling ethics.

Alpine 7998*Phass MW160*Clarion APA4320*Peerless 2"*Seas Neo*Next VRz4.400*OZ ME12*PG x400.1

Premier 860MP*PG Zeropoint ZCS6*Pioneer SW-2541D*Sony ES XM-5046
Closed Thread