DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

WTB: 830986 Peerless 3" Full Range

2K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  EricP72 
#1 ·
Was wondering if any one has a set of these for sell. I'm about to purchase them new online for $37 shipped, but thought why not check here first and see if someone has a pair they are trying to sell before i order them. Also does anyone think these will be ok with a pair of alpine spx-170 pro tweets or the prs720 tweets?

#2 ·
Bump

#3 ·
bump

#4 ·
bump

#5 · (Edited)
#6 ·
They will work great with just about any tweeter you can find of good quality. The two you list would be great. I test them with the PRS tweeter and it was a very good match.

Man glad I got a set before they went out of stock.

Check Solen.ca, I think they still have them, but I think they are 22 bux each.

#7 ·
man i just can't get a break :(
I was thinking i would order them this coming friday if no one had a pair they was trying to get rid of, and now they are gone until sept :mad:
yeah i think i'm going with the alpine tweets and a set of 8". I hope some here brought and extra set and would like to sell me a pair :p
now i was told the dayton rs100 though is a step up from these and they are actually a 4" with a 3.75" mounting diameter. but they are double the cost. so if i don't locate a pair of the peerless by thursday, i'm going to pull the trigger on those instead.:cool:

#10 ·
oh i read that review over and over again! great review. now in your opinion which of the 2 would you use? i was under the impression you were blown away by the peerless with the daytons coming in second or third. basically i heard a car with some very reavealing mids which happened to be the bery's from focal. now i know neither mids i'm looking at will even come close but that is the sound tone or character i'm looking for.

#15 ·
hey would you take the peerless 830986 over the L3?

#17 · (Edited)
ok thanks for that info. so now i'm back to looking for a peerless 830986 then..is there anyone here with a extra pair? :D
i keep looking at the dayton, but based upon Here-I-come review, i really need to go with the peerless over the dayton.

btw, they are on backorder at solen.ca also.... :(

#18 ·
bump

#19 ·
Re: WTB: 830986 Peerless 3" Full Range or dayton rs100

bump

#20 ·
found and purchased. consider this sold

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.