WTB: Hybrid Audio L6SE and...
APL1 equalizer system from...
APL1 equalizer system from...
Melodic Acoustic High End...
Melodic Acoustic High End...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009   #1

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 85 briansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enough

Default FS: Image Dynamics IDQ12, Phoenix Gold QX 500.1D

Things are slowing down for my spring cleanout, but I have a couple more items to go.

First is a nice Image Dynamics IDQ12. Believe this is the V1 version, has dual 4 ohm coils. This is a wonderful sub that I never expected to sell, but I'm happy enough with my Matrix Elite 10 and the small box it requires to finally let the IDQ go. Decent cosmetic shape for a used sub, functions 100%. Truly lives up to its reputation. I ran it with the coils in series in about 1.25 cubes sealed with some low end boost and loved it. $80 delivered in the Continental US.

Also am letting my PG QX500.1D go. I'm the 2nd owner of this amp, it's extremely clean. Cosmetically I'd say certainly an 8.5 and possibly a 9-. I originally planned on running this with the Soundstream Rubicon Picasso I sold last week, but I've moved up in power to a Hifonics VII Olympus and a Rockford T5002. This amp works well and is quite powerful, but the noise floor seems a little high - a slight noise can be heard if you put your ear up to the woofer cone with no signal present. Not sure if this is characteristic of these amps because it's always done it since I've owned it. Might be an issue if you have a center console sub or in a small hatchback with the car not running, but I doubt you'll be able hear it in the trunk of a sedan or with the engine on. The amp is otherwise working well. 275x1 into 4 ohms and 500x1 into 2 ohms. Subsonic filter. crossover, boost. Two 40-amp fuses. $100 delivered in the Continetal US.

Send me some PM's!
briansz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 85 briansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enoughbriansz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: FS: Image Dynamics IDQ12, Phoenix Gold QX 500.1D

Morning Bump!
Old 04-14-2009   #3

DIYMA Novice

Lunchtime Bump!
Old 04-18-2009   #4

DIYMA Novice

Stuck-inside-on-a-snowy-Saturday bump.

Send some offers over!
Old 04-19-2009   #5

DIYMA Novice

After reviewing current eBay resale, new shipped prices on these two items. IDQ12 = $65 delivered CONUS, amp $75 delivered CONUS.
Old 04-20-2009   #6

DIYMA Novice

Amp has been sold locally. IDQ is still for sale. Surely somebody can use this sub?!

Send me some offers/PM's.

Would also be interested in trades for.............

Rockford OEQ1 or comparable processor
Behringer ECM8000 Measurement Mic in new condition
2 Farad or larger cap in decent shape
A working auto body stud gun (spot welder for pulling dents)
A decent 8" sub

Or ??????????????????
Old 04-20-2009   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 w00tah will become famous soon enoughw00tah will become famous soon enoughw00tah will become famous soon enoughw00tah will become famous soon enoughw00tah will become famous soon enoughw00tah will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to w00tah Send a message via MSN to w00tah Send a message via Yahoo to w00tah

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted that amp so bad....

Kef

Sony 330/Adire Koda/Polk MOMO tweets/Boston GT22/IA Death Row 15 dual 1/RF Power BD500.1/3.0 tuned to 30
138.4 at dash on TL @ 42hz in a Neon
w00tah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #8

DIYMA Novice

Morning Bump

*************IDQ Down To $60 Delivered ConUS***************

Cash preferred, interesting trades considered.

This thing needs to go, can't believe it hasn't sold.
Old 04-24-2009   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 Austin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura about

whats the wattage rating on the sub? i may be interested

i just checked it out and it says like 350 rms? 700 peak? sounds right by the looks of it. ill buy it from you. do you think it would work in a vented box that is 2.4 cubes and two 3x8 inch ports?? this is the box i have that i need to replaced the sub in. i can mod the ports if i have to.

Last edited by Austin; 04-24-2009 at 01:46 PM..
Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #10

DIYMA Novice

That's a really large box. ID calls 1.5 cubes their 'large' ported enclosure for the IDQ12. I can also run your box through BassBox and give you some port specs and a response plot if you like.

Optionally, you can add some foam blocks to your box to displace air volume and 'make' it smaller if necessary.

Send me a PM and we can discuss particulars, it's a decent sub and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 04-26-2009   #11

DIYMA Novice

IDQ12 is sold to Austin!
Old 04-26-2009   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 Austin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura aboutAustin has a spectacular aura about

yay! = ]

this is my first qaulity sub...ive only been down in the bargain subs like insignia and power acoustik. so this will be interesting
Old 04-26-2009   #13

DIYMA Novice

I think you will be impressed. My girlfriend is not an audio nut and she loves this sub. I have another pair of them to be re-coned at some day over the rainbow, that's how I am getting out of letting this one go..
Old 04-26-2009   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansz View Post
I have another pair of them to be re-coned at some day over the rainbow
hey do they have a website? or address or what because i want to know where they are so i can get a sub re-coned in the future if i need to. and how much does re-coning cost?
Old 05-01-2009   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: FS: Image Dynamics IDQ12, Phoenix Gold QX 500.1D

so i just got the sub today from ups. i installed it in my car and it seems a little soft on the bass but it sure does sound smooth. i just need to turn my amp up and play with the tuning a little since i just threw it in there. i had it running on a four ohm config so i had the amp turned down a little so it put out only about 250 rms but now its running at 7 ohms which is probably only around 100 - 150 (im not sure at all just guessing ) i turned it up a little when i installed it but i need to tune it better. i have some pics and the video i have to wait till i get home to put it on here. i took the JBL gt5-12 out and replaced it with the IDQ 12 and it looks very smooth on the front. i think i am going to router out a counter sink for it so it is fairly flush with the front of the box. thank you briansz for the sub.

pics pics pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JBL in box.jpg (36.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Port Closed on right.jpg (28.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg JBl on left ID on right.jpg (48.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg inside of box.jpg (32.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ID in box.jpg (85.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ID in box in car.jpg (39.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-02-2009   #16

DIYMA Novice

If you want it boomier, then you can begin to experiment with adding the foam blocks. I'll run a couple 'what-ifs' through the modeling software and see if that raises the Q of the enclosure to give you a little bump in output.
Old 05-02-2009   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansz View Post
If you want it boomier, then you can begin to experiment with adding the foam blocks. I'll run a couple 'what-ifs' through the modeling software and see if that raises the Q of the enclosure to give you a little bump in output.
sounds great. ive been playing some bassy songs and it does go REALLY LOW haha.