ZAPCO Symbilink and SLDIN.T
CLARION DRZ9255 MINT +...
CLARION DRZ9255 MINT +...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 beatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enough

Default WTB Code Alarm Keyless Entry System RKE-1

Looking for a Code Alarm brand keyless entry system RKE-1. It's their no-frills keyless receiver using the old style remotes with only two buttons. Willing to pay $60 shipped to Dallas, Texas.
Old 01-20-2011   #2
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Car Tunes Stereo Center
Position:
Installation Manager

Rep Power: 104 JayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enoughJayinMI will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WTB Code Alarm Keyless Entry System RKE-1

You know they haven't made that in like 10 years, right?

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
It's a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde type thing. On rock music, and most other genres, the blend capabilities are phenomenal. No localization, all bass is upfront, and very solid. But then put on something with a little kick, and it's like walking by a Brontosaurus gangbang.
Old 01-20-2011   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 beatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enoughbeatnik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
You know they haven't made that in like 10 years, right?

Jay
Yes. It's going into an "old school" build.

I'd be willing to use a newer brain if it worked with the old style 433mHz remotes, but all the new stuff is incompatible.
Old 01-21-2011   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 ween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enough

hi,
do you need a complete unit with remotes or just the brain and harness?
mark
Old 01-21-2011   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ween View Post
hi,
do you need a complete unit with remotes or just the brain and harness?
mark
I can work with just the brain and source the remotes from ebay. But if you have all the parts...
Old 01-21-2011   #6

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 ween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enoughween will become famous soon enough

i'll look in my stash of stuff, pretty sure i can piece at least one together. zero out tonight, check in the morning
Old 01-21-2011   #7
JrV

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 68 JrV will become famous soon enoughJrV will become famous soon enoughJrV will become famous soon enoughJrV will become famous soon enoughJrV will become famous soon enoughJrV will become famous soon enough

Mark aka ween is good peoples! He hooked me up with a new lcd remote for my Alpine SEA-8081. Thanks again Mark! Deal with confidence.
Old 01-22-2011   #8

DIYMA freshman

ok, i have 5 brains, harnesses and a few remotes. i'll wire up a harness and test the brains for proper operation. i remember modding the rke1 to add features like parking lights, siren/horn output, and aux outputs.
Old 01-22-2011   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Thanks Ween. The add-on stuff sounds interesting, but I'll be using this in a simple install. I'm only looking for remote lock/unlock and central lock/unlock controlled by a 5-wire actuator in the driver's door.

Let me know when you've got a system put together.

I'd also like to get a copy of the instructions to add or reset the remotes.

Thanks again. JRM
Old 01-22-2011   #10

DIYMA freshman

4 out of 5 units working. strange but i only have four button remotes. i'll look at work to see if i have any two button ones. pretty sure i have the installation manual there also, which i'll make copies of. i know code alarm put jumper loops to enable/disable various features.
Old 01-22-2011   #11
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

I know beggars can't be choosers, but if they are available, this is the remote I'm looking for.

And this would be a close second, though I'm not sure it works with that brain.

Old 01-22-2011   #12

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 63 BassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enough

i mightbe able to get a Code alarm too for asking price. lemme dig around
Old 01-23-2011   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 73 FLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished road

I WOULD VERY MUCH like to have the 'old school' two button
alarm of this vintage. Do any of you guys have one laying around?
I'm building an all old school system with none of the gear newer
than 15 years old, in an 87 model car. The alarm is the only part
I have yet to buy.

Any help?
Old 01-23-2011   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYONWALL9 View Post
I WOULD VERY MUCH like to have the 'old school' two button
alarm of this vintage. Do any of you guys have one laying around?
I'm building an all old school system with none of the gear newer
than 15 years old, in an 87 model car. The alarm is the only part
I have yet to buy.

Any help?
There's a Code Alarm Pro 400 on ebay right now for $60. They use the four-button version of the first remote I posted.

Ebay
Old 01-23-2011   #15

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 63 BassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enoughBassAddictJ will become famous soon enough

im gonna laugh if the code alarm my friend has for sale has a 2 button key. i'll report back tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2011   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 smithee419 will become famous soon enoughsmithee419 will become famous soon enoughsmithee419 will become famous soon enoughsmithee419 will become famous soon enoughsmithee419 will become famous soon enoughsmithee419 will become famous soon enough

Man now you guys are bringing back memories for me. I have all sorts of oldschool alarms, keyless entrys in the bottom of my toolbox from my installing days, I didn't realize they were such a hot item! I just checked and I have 5 Code Alarms (2-PRO 1000, PRO 1000SE, PRO 3000, PRO 7000) all complete. I even have a CSM-2, 2 or 3 MV1's, a ton of sirens. I also have a couple of Alpine alarms, a Whistler, Crimestoper, Clifford. I do have some 2 button remotes laying around, but I'll have to find them. Let me know if you need anything.

Work In Progress!
Old 01-23-2011   #17

DIYMA freshman

hey fly,
what make is the '87 car you speak of? i do have the code alarm OEM-style alarms for Ford and GM from the early '90's. just offering.
mark
Old 01-25-2011   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 73 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

I found a couple of brand new in box Code keyless and one keyless remote start at the shop yesterday. Only thing is that none of them had remotes in them, although we do have a thing full of remotes I could poke through...
Old 01-25-2011   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad Fingers View Post
I found a couple of brand new in box Code keyless and one keyless remote start at the shop yesterday. Only thing is that none of them had remotes in them, although we do have a thing full of remotes I could poke through...
Please do.
Old 01-25-2011   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 73 FLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished roadFLYONWALL9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ween View Post
hey fly,
what make is the '87 car you speak of? i do have the code alarm OEM-style alarms for Ford and GM from the early '90's. just offering.
mark
I wish it were as easy as a GM or FORD plug and
play. Mine is an 87 Porsche Carerra Targa
Old 01-25-2011   #21

DIYMA freshman

copied manual for RKE1 and my additional notes also. can't find any two button remotes though. i'll set you up with a brain, harness, manual, notes. let me know details...who, where to ship, etc.
Old 01-25-2011   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Thanks Ween. I sent a reply with my contact info. Shoot me a price for what you collected and I'll pay.
Old 01-26-2011   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 73 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

Ok, so on my initial search here is what I've found:

(3) Brand new RKE-1 brains
(1) brand new RKE-1 harness with valet button
(1) brand new RKE-1 harness without valet button
(2) Owners manuals
(1) Installation Instructions
(2) Boxes

I also have a CSM-3 keyless remote start that the brand looks new, but the harness has some tape on it in one spot. Could be new, but I'd rather tell you the truth. I also don't see a valet button in this box either.

As far as remotes, the only one I've found so far is a brand new in the plastic CATX110. It's a two button remote (one button lock, other unlock). Let me know if any of this helps you!!
Old 01-26-2011   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Just want to make sure this is an RKE-1, and not an "RKE-1 Plus".

The FCC # on it should be GOH-MM6-101890.
The remote is a Code Alarm CRCX-3

What does the valet button do on an RKE?
Old 01-26-2011   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

FCC # is different than the one you listed, so here are some pics and you can decide if it is what you are looking for .

Closed Thread