Auxiliary inputs on radios are terrible - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2016   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 16 geshat00 will become famous soon enoughgeshat00 will become famous soon enoughgeshat00 will become famous soon enoughgeshat00 will become famous soon enoughgeshat00 will become famous soon enoughgeshat00 will become famous soon enough

Default Auxiliary inputs on radios are terrible

I just wanted to hear thoughts about people who say the auxiliary inputs on radio (Factory and aftermarket) are garbage.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

07 Impala LTZ Alpine PXE-h650
Dayton Audio ND25FW-4 Aura Sound NS3
amps subwoofer
geshat00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2016   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 121 Lycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Auxiliary inputs on radios are terrible

they're a hell of a lot better than Bluetooth imo..

"you will need to use all 31 bands on the eq, qualifying a speaker as better cause you feel it needs lesser eq just means you're not listening closely enough."
Lycancatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2016   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 276 Onyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond repute

They're no worse than the factory CD player.
Onyx1136 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 39 justgotone will become famous soon enoughjustgotone will become famous soon enoughjustgotone will become famous soon enoughjustgotone will become famous soon enoughjustgotone will become famous soon enoughjustgotone will become famous soon enough

I can say the aux input in my OEM HU is horrible, as soon as you switch to aux you hear the God awful hiss (even with the volume at '0').

2010 Nissan Armada, OEM HU, US Acoustics amps - Barbara Ann & Mike, Helix DSP.2, Helix Director
justgotone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to justgotone For This Useful Post:
robdewitte (03-22-2017)
Old 03-15-2017   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 251 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends on the unit. My oem Chrysler u-connect 8.4 unit seems to have a pretty good usb input. My Pioneer 1700 double din had a great usb input. The usb input on a cheap JVC Arsenal unit I had was terrible. Had a grainy sound.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream tn1.1200d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15v3, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly SQ For This Useful Post:
justgotone (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 voiceCoil63 will become famous soon enoughvoiceCoil63 will become famous soon enoughvoiceCoil63 will become famous soon enoughvoiceCoil63 will become famous soon enoughvoiceCoil63 will become famous soon enoughvoiceCoil63 will become famous soon enough

I've had good luck with AUX inputs in the past -- both OEM and aftermarket. My new car ('16 Chevy SS) is lacking one, and I really miss it. The '14s & '15s had one, but it was dropped in '16. Just my luck. Bluetooth is a total beatdown of inconsistency, latency, and signal compression. And the USB connection wants to take complete control of my iPhone, meaning I'm relegated to using the ridiculously slow and horribly-designed UI on the head-unit display. I'd much prefer to use the UI on the phone directly -- it may not be perfect, but it's vastly superior to the mess is MyLink. And if I don't like it, there are countless 3rd party music apps out there with a vast array of different features and UIs.
voiceCoil63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to voiceCoil63 For This Useful Post:
justgotone (03-17-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement