Determining SQ via Internet Videos - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017   #26
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 49 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Determining SQ via Internet Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
No, the fact that BennyZ has a good sounding car and does competitions.

You listened to only his car over the internet and guessed he would do good at competitions.

I can one up you. I have never personally heard a single car Steve Head or Scott Buwalda have built and I bet their next car, not even built yet and maybe not even a thought in their mind yet, will do good at competitions.
So I'm guessing not actually hearing. O.K. then. I found a vehicle that sounds better than Benny Z in my opinion.

If you read my on line evaluation, written by listening only over head phones, if you read my comments, and then read Benny Z's opinion, ( he actually sat in the car ) You will find that they are congruent.

Another lucky guess?
How do you explain this one, recorded with an I phone 5

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1488277138148937/

Gerald J. Costa: Very good quality recording. The Cello sounded real, and the guitar sounded live. The voice seemed uncolored and natural. There was some sibilance on the top end. It sounds as if the sound-stage is large and expansive. I would give it an 9.5.

Benny Z: This is one of the most magical cars I have ever experienced. The speakers literally disappear. You see them, but they aren't there. The music does not originate from them, you'd swear.

High Resolution Audio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017   #27
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 49 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No, the fact that BennyZ has a good sounding car and does competitions.

You listened to only his car over the internet and guessed he would do good at competitions.

I can one up you. I have never personally heard a single car Steve Head or Scott Buwalda have built and I bet their next car, not even built yet and maybe not even a thought in their mind yet, will do good at competitions.
A year or so ago, I didn't know who Benny Z was nor did I know who Scott Buwalda was either. But that is not a good comparison because I based my opinion on what I heard.

Your statement is based upon a known reputation. Big difference here.

Old 01-07-2017   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 197 captainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to allcaptainobvious is a name known to all

I can't tell if you're being serious or just having some fun with us with this post.

------------------------------------------------------
2016 Pennsylvania State Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- IASCA Amateur
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 154 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious or just having some fun with us with this post.
That's what makes Gerald adorable, he's dead serious .

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
sqnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #30

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 133 felix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
He has to be joking around...

Last edited by felix509; 01-07-2017 at 08:11 PM..
felix509 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #31

Rep Power: 247 ca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having trouble tuning my stereo, can someone tell me what settings I need to achieve maximum sound quality?
ca90ss is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #32
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 41 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
He is definitely not joking. I have seen him mention believing this in several threads. He also believes that he can demo speakers via internet videos to determine their quality.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (4) ID8's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #33
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
I'm having trouble tuning my stereo, can someone tell me what settings I need to achieve maximum sound quality?
I do not understand tuning, but I have a pretty good ear.

With that recording, I hear the bass a little overpowering. So I would cut back that a little.

The mid-range is pretty good. Except for the voice. Seems a tad hollow. Not sure how to fix that.

The high end is spot on. You have that nailed.

Old 01-07-2017   #34

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 133 felix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enough

Love this thread..........................

Last edited by felix509; 01-07-2017 at 08:10 PM..
Old 01-07-2017   #35
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Has anyone listened to the videos ?

Does everyone just believe it to be a joke?

Dead serious here.

Old 01-07-2017   #36
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
I can describe the sound in your car, from listening to it in person in Syracuse. I have a photographic memory and ear.

Old 01-07-2017   #37
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 237 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Resolution Audio View Post
I can describe the sound in your car, from listening to it in person in Syracuse. I have a photographic memory and ear.

You are kidding right?
This entire thread HAS TO BE A TROLL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit the Red River Shootout Facebook page for news and information around IASCA and MECA shows in the Texas/Southern Oklahoma region.
https://www.facebook.com/Red-River-S...4806316767250/
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #38
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 237 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Has anyone listened to the videos ?

Does everyone just believe it to be a joke?

Dead serious here.

I listened to the videos and there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to determine stage or imaging via a recoding of a recoding thru the internet on your computer into your headphones NO FUCKING WAY!!!

Visit the Red River Shootout Facebook page for news and information around IASCA and MECA shows in the Texas/Southern Oklahoma region.
Old 01-07-2017   #39
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
You are kidding right?
This entire thread HAS TO BE A TROLL.

I give up.

Old 01-07-2017   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 146 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

May I test you hearing ability? Later, I will go to my car, and make 2 videos. I will make changes and I want you to tell me what I changed. If you are right, I will give you props and never challenge you on the topic again.

New Thread.......Gerald vs Gerald (Jerry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #41

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
I give up.
Well, Seeing as it is physically impossibly do determine the quality of a speaker by listening to them through a second set of speakers, headway has been made...

Next we shall address the photographic memory of sound......... Another physically impossible feat.......

Best Regards
L
Old 01-07-2017   #42
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
How do you explain the Benny Z results, If what I am saying is not true?

Would you attribute it to a lucky guess?
as someone whos heard bens car, i can assure you it sounded nothing like his video that you loved so much

this thread is beyond sad

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #43
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 210 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
post a video of it playing and we can help

Old 01-07-2017   #44
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
May I test you hearing ability? Later, I will go to my car, and make 2 videos. I will make changes and I want you to tell me what I changed. If you are right, I will give you props and never challenge you on the topic again.

New Thread.......Gerald vs Gerald (Jerry)
I'm up for the challenge. But you don't have to start a new thread. You can do it here.

Old 01-07-2017   #45
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix509 View Post
Well, Seeing as it is physically impossibly do determine the quality of a speaker by listening to them through a second set of speakers, headway has been made...

Next we shall address the photographic memory of sound......... Another physically impossible feat.......

Best Regards
L
Not true, but I gave up trying to convince the doubters.

Old 01-07-2017   #46

Rep Power: 247 ca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
post a video of it playing and we can help
Click on the picture.
ca90ss is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017   #47
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Not true, but I gave up trying to convince the doubters.
gerald, im sorry but you are delusional

Old 01-07-2017   #48
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
I listened to the videos and there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to determine stage or imaging via a recoding of a recoding thru the internet on your computer into your headphones NO FUCKING WAY!!!

video's A and B throw more of a two dimensional stage

videos C and D are more 3 dimensional

I's sorry that you don't have the skills to hear the differences.

Old 01-07-2017   #49
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

we need to get this guy to a meca/iasca judge training asap

Old 01-07-2017   #50
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Quote:
video's A and B throw more of a two dimensional stage

videos C and D are more 3 dimensional

I's sorry that you don't have the skills to hear the differences.

That is funny

Sponsored Links
Advertisement