Determining SQ via Internet Videos - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #51
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 232 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Determining SQ via Internet Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
we need to get this guy to a meca/iasca judge training asap

Waste of time, he so far beyond those of us who do judging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #52
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 193 SkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
Waste of time, he so far beyond those of us who do judging

thats kinda what im saying. we need to get him certified so we have the best results possible

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 26 bnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enough

2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan. Pioneer P880prs, Arc Audio PS8, JL 12w6v2 x2 sealed, Arc KS600.2, Arc KS900.6, SI TM65, Illusion Audio C3cx. Ipod Classic - apple lossless. Just keep tryin' to get a little better.
bnae38 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #54
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 232 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thats kinda what im saying. we need to get him certified so we have the best results possible

Maybe he could do the training via internet

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #55
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 43 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

I find it interesting that not one person commented on the 4 videos themselves.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...storation.html
1990 GM PS6500 Step Van - Old School SQ head unit / Scan R2904/ Boston 5.2 Mids / Brax 10.1 (x2) / Boston G215-44 (x2) / Soundstream Class A 100 II (x2) /Boston Acoustics GT-24 / JL Audio 600/1 V3 (x3) / Boston Acoustics GT-28
High Resolution Audio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #56
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 6 AyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enough

I went on YouTube to audition subwoofers and the all sounded awful. I still bought the one I was looking for. The videos did nothing to influence my opinion because listening to a Speaker recorded on a phone or camera and then played through a MacBooks "amazing" DAC means nothing.
AyOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 128 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know even know why we have meets anymore.

HRA on DIYMA...

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #58
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 193 SkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Resolution Audio View Post
because theres no point..

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 1 Week Ago   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 128 I800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of lightI800C0LLECT is a glorious beacon of light

In all honesty...I like HRA and his continued good will towards the community. I definitely don't agree but I hate to bag on such a nice guy.

It's like this Dave Chapelle skits... When keeping it real goes wrong

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Don't mistake activity for accomplishment.
My '13 Jetta build...not finished
I800C0LLECT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #60

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 13 Locomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enough

OK so I did listen to all four videos, 3 times, from three separate sources. My laptop, my headphones connected to my laptop. Headphones obviously sounded the best so on the third pass I connected same headphones to my cell phone.

All four videos sounded different on the first pass. I will not comment on what I heard except that it seems to me that video #3 sounded the best in all three passes.

The headphones connected to the laptop sounded best on all four songs. I noticed some minute pops here and there and noted the times in the recordings and found that they were not there in all of my listening scenario's which tells me the ability to determine sound quality of any of those speaker/amp combo's.

The cell phone was generally the poorest sounding of them, I suspect because it is wireless and my Laptop is High speed.

I will never get the past hour of my life back. I feel foolish for even giving this a chance.

But wait a second!!!!! I just noticed the internet coax is sitting on the floor! and is the standard Verizon issue........Wait for it........

I am going to get some ceramic isolators, some $8,900 twisted, shielded, bonded, conditioned, balanced and blueprinted, harmonically dampened coax internet cables and re-try.

Stock HU, JL FiX 82, CDT DRT 26S Twt, CDT ES-02 Wideband for Mid, CDT-ES-06+ Mid Bass, JL HD-600, Hertz HDP4....so far
Locomotive Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #61
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive Tech View Post
All four videos sounded different on the first pass. I will not comment on what I heard except that it seems to me that video #3 sounded the best in all three passes.
now heres something that gerald doesnt get.. those speakers are placed in different locations than the ones in the other videos, as well as the recording device. that alone completely invalidates it from the rest

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 1 Week Ago   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 92 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

As mentioned, different recordings, different Speaker set ups, mike positioning etc, unless all were recorded in the same studio by the same engineer, even then, it is just not not a good a idea.

Here is what I heard, with iPad mini

1. Too far lacks too much midrange

2. Flat no character, the worst

3. Too close, too much midrange and upper midrange

4. A bit far, but better than all, the cello is barried deep in the stage, the best of them.
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #63

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 13 Locomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enough

Quote:
now heres something that gerald doesnt get.. those speakers are placed in different locations than the ones in the other videos, as well as the recording device. that alone completely invalidates it from the rest
And this is what I think I was hearing, not to mention, for me I would like to hear the same song, same Speaker placement, and same recording location.

I did notice the sound stage was best in in video #2 it sounded soo much wider

Stock HU, JL FiX 82, CDT DRT 26S Twt, CDT ES-02 Wideband for Mid, CDT-ES-06+ Mid Bass, JL HD-600, Hertz HDP4....so far
Old 1 Week Ago   #64

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 8 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

You can never get a total idea of the actual sound because you arent listening to the actual speakers but if you have an excellent Headphone/Dac amp combo listen to some of the Kenrick youtubes- of JBL and others playing music and you can definitely get a sense of the different speakers attributes as well as the Kenrick demo rooms character. After a while you will even begin to tell some of the customers homes characters as you know the speakers themselves well from KEnricks
dcfis is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #65
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
I did notice the sound stage was best in in video #2 it sounded soo much wider

and again.. different songs = different stages. 100% invalid

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 1 Week Ago   #66

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
and again.. different songs = different stages. 100% invalid
No way Man!!! I can hear it! In fact I am going to but a set of those speakers, they are so good, they sound great over a Youtube video!!!!

Just pulling your chain Nick, the only stage one could hear would be on the final listening equipment.

So the thread title is completely inaccurate, Should be "here are some pretty good quality Youtube recordings"

Old 1 Week Ago   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 141 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Resolution Audio View Post
I find it interesting that I pointed out all the real issues/differences with the videos and you won't acknowledge what I pointed out. I pointed out all facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I800C0LLECT View Post
In all honesty...I like HRA and his continued good will towards the community. I definitely don't agree but I hate to bag on such a nice guy.

I agree and I don't want people to think the point of this is to attack HRA. At least he loves audio.....and it shows. I really don't care how he spends his time. I just wish he would stop stating this stuff as fact. We all know it is bullshit, but others don't.

IDK, maybe this idea has some merit. Maybe I should set up videos of speakers that I sell so if a customer is in another state or just curious about a brand, they can click on a link and play a video to demo them to just get a basic idea what they sound like, especially if there isn't a dealer of the brand for hundreds of miles. Will this tell them anything about what they will sound like in a car......hell no, but neither does a sound board at a shop. This wouldn't be a whole lot different and possibly better in some ways. Maybe add an on-axis and off-axis response of the set with a demo at 2 volume levels or something. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.

Last edited by Niebur3; 1 Week Ago at 10:47 PM..
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 146 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by I800C0LLECT View Post

Agreed that HRA is a nice guy and an audio fanatic. He has some fixed but fallacious opinions, he often ignores logic and reason, but at least he doesn't brag about his $4K amps and $7K speakers and $13K cables....and just for that I don't like to bag on him.....well most of the time.

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
sqnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #69
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 146 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
IDK, maybe this idea has some merit. Maybe I should set up videos of speakers that I sell so if a customer is in another state or just curious about a brand, they can click on a link and play a video to demo them to just get a basic idea what they sound like, especially if there isn't a dealer of the brand for hundreds of miles. Will this tell them anything about what they will sound like in a car......hell no, but neither does a sound board at a shop. This wouldn't be a whole lot different and possibly better in some ways. Maybe add an on-axis and off-axis response of the set with a demo at 2 volume levels or something. Thoughts?
Just as a teaser, make a couple of vids and put them on your website, see how many hits you get. I find that in general, folks with more $$ are more gullible than those with less.

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
sqnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 141 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqnut View Post
Just as a teaser, make a couple of vids and put them on your website, see how many hits you get. I find that in general, folks with more $$ are more gullible than those with less.
I just might try this. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 92 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Just to clarify newer Apple and other more expensive earbuds were used when listening to the YouTube videos
Old 1 Week Ago   #72
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post
Just to clarify newer Apple and other more expensive earbuds were used when listening to the YouTube videos
doesnt really matter what you use. the videos mean nothing either way

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 1 Week Ago   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
doesnt really matter what you use. the videos mean nothing either way
I definitely did not hear any 3 dimensional stage,

Just different speakers at different distances, and different tracks, either far or close

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Old 1 Week Ago   #74
Upgrade Your Membership!

jtaudioacc

12V Company:
JT Audio & Accessories
Position:
Owner/Installer/Janitor

Rep Power: 106 jtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura about

i took a video of the hi res sony prius, and it actually sounded better in the video than in person. lol

jtaudioacc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #75
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 43 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
OK so I did listen to all four videos, 3 times, from three separate sources. My laptop, my headphones connected to my laptop. Headphones obviously sounded the best so on the third pass I connected same headphones to my cell phone.

The headphones connected to the laptop sounded best on all four songs. I noticed some minute pops here and there and noted the times in the recordings and found that they were not there in all of my listening scenario's which tells me the ability to determine sound quality of any of those speaker/amp combo's.

The cell phone was generally the poorest sounding of them, I suspect because it is wireless and my Laptop is High speed.

I will never get the past hour of my life back. I feel foolish for even giving this a chance.

But wait a second!!!!! I just noticed the internet coax is sitting on the floor! and is the standard Verizon issue........Wait for it........

I am going to get some ceramic isolators, some $8,900 twisted, shielded, bonded, conditioned, balanced and blueprinted, harmonically dampened coax internet cables and re-try.
Thanks for taking the time to actually do a real comparison and post your opinion.

I agree with you 100% that the speakers in video C third video stand out from all the rest.

To me, I hear clarity, lack of muddiness in the bass region, and a huge sound stage.

They just sound natural and transparent as if there were no speakers, but musicians playing.

I'm sorry if it really took a whole hour. My fiancee' and I were both able to notice the difference almost immediately.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...storation.html
1990 GM PS6500 Step Van - Old School SQ head unit / Scan R2904/ Boston 5.2 Mids / Brax 10.1 (x2) / Boston G215-44 (x2) / Soundstream Class A 100 II (x2) /Boston Acoustics GT-24 / JL Audio 600/1 V3 (x3) / Boston Acoustics GT-28
High Resolution Audio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement