Determining SQ via Internet Videos - Page 5 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017   #101
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 94 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Determining SQ via Internet Videos

I'd like to demo some of these, good price.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2017   #102
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 45 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post
I'd like to demo some of these, good price.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
.25 cents? How can you go wrong?

High Resolution Audio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #103
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

gerald, you skipped over my reply..

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017   #104
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 45 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
so your saying i know how to make a Car sound good and the theory behind it, but i dont know good sound? interesting

i actually did before i even posted anything. then again a few different times after various posts. how would you know if im lazy or not? here are a couple of my posts that should have indicated otherwise..

your right, i wouldnt. i havent heard them in person. even if the videos did play the same song with the same positions and same recording position, i would just say "this VIDEO sounds better" (not "these speakers sound better")

interesting, i never went to college so idk what programming your talking about. and the only fact that came out of this thread is that you really are delusional. truly 100% delusional. your last analogy also doesnt make much sense.

ps, i would say the fire burned me then say fuck you for forcing my hand in it.. just like any other rational person
Then just say the speakers in video three sound best. It's that simple. Same as the above analogy^^^

High Resolution Audio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #105
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Resolution Audio View Post
Then just say the speakers in video three sound best. It's that simple. Same as the above analogy^^^
how can i say which ones sound the best when they all play different songs? songs that im unfamiliar with as well.

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 01-08-2017   #106
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 234 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Want to be blown away? Find a set of the Aerial Acoustics 5T speakers and demo them. I have not heard them in person, but I bet you will agree with me that they sound incredible.

I can hear how well they sound on videos. Maybe you should open your mind up to the possibility.

Listening to a set of drivers in a controlled environment vs on a recording of a recoding thru a computer to a set of cans isn't a logical way to evaluate a set of drivers, even you have to know that. If you don't then everything you have ever typed and everything going forward is a troll and I as well as many others will probably be done.

As to having an opened mind if you k ew me you'd know how invalid and ridiculous that statement is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #107
Upgrade Your Membership!

jtaudioacc

12V Company:
JT Audio & Accessories
Position:
Owner/Installer/Janitor

Rep Power: 107 jtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
Where's Ashton Kutcher and the film crew

i've been waiting for them to pop out in a number of threads, and they haven't.

jtaudioacc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #108
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Listening to a set of drivers in a controlled environment vs on a recording of a recoding thru a computer to a set of cans isn't a logical way to evaluate a set of drivers, even you have to know that. If you don't then everything you have ever typed and everything going forward is a troll and I as well as many others will probably be done.

As to having an opened mind if you k ew me you'd know how invalid and ridiculous that statement is.

its not trolling if its not done on purpose for self amusement. this isnt for self amusement for him. remember, he truly believes this stuff. just like he truly believed that the lower frequencies in his truck sounded better during a full moon.

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 01-08-2017   #109
Upgrade Your Membership!

Food Pimp

Rep Power: 234 chefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond reputechefhow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
its not trolling if its not done on purpose for self amusement. this isnt for self amusement for him. remember, he truly believes this stuff. just like he truly believed that the lower frequencies in his truck sounded better during a full moon.

That's just it, I think he does know the difference and he's just stirring the pot.

Never heard the full moon theory.

At the end of the day, it's just car audio man
chefhow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #110
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
The following is your quote:

"your right, i wouldnt. i havent heard them in person. even if the videos did play the same song with the same positions and same recording position, i would just say "this VIDEO sounds better" (not "these speakers sound better")"

IT IS MY POINT ALL ALONG, THAT KEEPS FALLING ON DEAF EARS, THAT IF THE VIDEO OF speakers PLAYING SOUNDS BETTER, THEN MORE THAN LIKELY IN MY EXPERIENCE, THE SPEAKERS WILL SOUND BETTER IN PERSON!

It has nothing to do with trolling, it has to do with making a simple point.

For those of you who don't believe my theory to be true, so be it. It would be my opinion that you are close minded, and are not open to different perspectives.

Old 01-08-2017   #111
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 245 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting to find out we've been punk'd.

If a hillbilly farts in the woods on a full moon, can Gerald hear it through his subs?

2014 Grand Cherokee Limited-bone stock "premium" 10 speaker system for now. In the works-JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Tang Band car tweeter
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #112
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 143 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

Quote:
Yes, I agree. I've been waiting for the challenge.
Here you go. I haven't even listened to them myself, but I do know what I changed between the 2 recordings. Tell me what you hear and I'll divulge what I changed. If it makes sense, you will have proved a pretty incredible ability.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

This last video I found on my phone when uploading these above. Science experiment I helped set up for my daughter. It's definitely been done before and even on TV (Big Band Theory), but still quite fun. We tested from 120hz to 20hz in 10hz increments and she wrote a paper on the findings.

+ YouTube Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017   #113
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:

Never heard the full moon theory.

when he was over my place when i was tuning his truck, he went on for a bit about how and why he thinks his lower frequencies sound better during a full moon. i thought he was kidding. turns out he, in his own mind, was dead serious

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 01-08-2017   #114
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
Here you go. I haven't even listened to them myself, but I do know what I changed between the 2 recordings. Tell me what you hear and I'll divulge what I changed. If it makes sense, you will have proved a pretty incredible ability.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

This last video I found on my phone when uploading these above. Science experiment I helped set up for my daughter. It's definitely been done before and even on TV (Big Band Theory), but still quite fun. We tested from 120hz to 20hz in 10hz increments and she wrote a paper on the findings.

+ YouTube Video
I quickly listened to the first two videos........

The first one was recorded perfectly

The second was recorded with some drivers out of phase. That was easy.

Old 01-08-2017   #115
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
The following is your quote:

"your right, i wouldnt. i havent heard them in person. even if the videos did play the same song with the same positions and same recording position, i would just say "this VIDEO sounds better" (not "these speakers sound better")"

IT IS MY POINT ALL ALONG, THAT KEEPS FALLING ON DEAF EARS, THAT IF THE VIDEO OF speakers PLAYING SOUNDS BETTER, THEN MORE THAN LIKELY IN MY EXPERIENCE, THE SPEAKERS WILL SOUND BETTER IN PERSON!

It has nothing to do with trolling, it has to do with making a simple point.

For those of you who don't believe my theory to be true, so be it. It would be my opinion that you are close minded, and are not open to different perspectives.
yes but you fail to realize that this is no way to listen to speakers or get an idea of how they sound. as a matter of fact, your doing a disservice to the community by posting this shit. a "customer" of mine whos truck i tune called me the other day after reading your youtube shit and said he wants to go three way because the 3 way systems on youtube sound better than the 2 way systems on youtube. i asked him where he got the idea that this was a good way to get an idea.. sure enough.. "that high res guy". i had to spend over an hour on the phone with him explaining to him why he shouldnt be listening to "that high res guy"

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 01-08-2017   #116
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 94 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Regarding niebur3 videos

Without giving specific details like out of phase etc.

1. First 45 secs, perfect the rest sound sounded horrible until maybe the last minute where, there was lack of bass, not balanced.

2. Same as the last part of 1, for a bit, then, totally distorted high frequencies was the most distraction in he last part, really bad
Old 01-08-2017   #117
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

I only listened to the first few seconds of each video, as said he was going to make two videos with one change.

Old 01-08-2017   #118
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
I only listened to the first few seconds of each video, as said he was going to make two videos with one change.
No excuse, being 2 min videos, you should have listened to the whole thing.
Let's see what others have to say including niebur

My guess EQ cutting and boosting was done to make the differences

Al

Old 01-08-2017   #119
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post
No excuse, being 2 min videos, you should have listened to the whole thing.
Let's see what others have to say including niebur

My guess EQ cutting and boosting was done to make the differences
First off I have a strong dislike for country music so it was difficult to listen.

Second he said he was going to make two videos with one change. So he lied. And was trying to trick me.

First time around, I listened to the first few seconds of each video.

Then I listened to the first video in its entirety.

First 58 seconds or so the recording sounds perfect. Then from 58-2:22 it sounds unclear and unfocused. Then from 2:22 on it sounds perfect again.

At this point in time, I got sick of listening to that country song and did not want to focus knowing that he was trying to trick me anyway.

Second video sounds like the whole video is out of phase. I gave up listening to the entire thing.

Old 01-08-2017   #120
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 143 Niebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really niceNiebur3 is just really nice

The first video is from the drivers seat and the second from the passenger seat. Phase was one thing effected but the change in the vehicle was obviously much more than phase, since the Car was tuned for the drivers seat. The imaging was horrid, the width was completely messed up....the difference is night and day. I listened to the videos after reading some comments above and the input of the mic was greatly overdriven, causing distortion. I know Gerald got the phasing part right, which was pretty easy, but he missed the largest differences that were the easiest to hear in person.

After listening in my Car vs listening to the videos of my car, I am even more convinced this is complete BS. There is no way to tell how one set of speakers would sound compared to a different set using internet videos. I had made a couple other videos I didn't post with just the mic held in varying spots and there were noticeable differences. Just a simple thing as hold the mic up or down just a few inches causes the sound to change drastically. And there are easily 10-20 more variables not account for in these videos.

Don't believe me Gerald? Here are a couple more videos. Same song, different cars. Compare them to the first one I posted above (linked again here) and tell me your thoughts about the 3 systems.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Quote:
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Old 01-08-2017   #121
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
First off I have a strong dislike for country music so it was difficult to listen.

Second he said he was going to make two videos with one change. So he lied. And was trying to trick me.

First time around, I listened to the first few seconds of each video.

Then I listened to the first video in its entirety.

First 58 seconds or so the recording sounds perfect. Then from 58-2:22 it sounds unclear and unfocused. Then from 2:22 on it sounds perfect again.

At this point in time, I got sick of listening to that country song and did not want to focus knowing that he was trying to trick me anyway.

Second video sounds like the whole video is out of phase. I gave up listening to the entire thing.
That wasn't country. And I like how you call me a liar when I hadn't even posted what the change was yet.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2017   #122
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

I'm not a fan of 100% country music either, except for some rock country pop that some may consider country, but I don't, that track was not country music, maybe 10% country 70% soft rock, 10% pop.

In real life, how is the sound on the passenger side? This tells me recoding just makes it worse, unless the car's acoustics and reflections enhance the bad sound, although the phone position has also to do with it.

In my car, sitting on he passenger side, the stage is just shifted to center right side with the voice being closer to the pillar than the center of the car, again a phone recording experiment may totally entirely totally destroy the sound

Al

Old 01-08-2017   #123
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Besides phasing and everything shifted extreme right, sounds similar. Slight phasing issues, be more of what is heard in the video is the amplitude difference whereas the drivers side is way lower compared with the passenger side. Makes me kinda sad for the passengers in my vehicle. The Subbass is also snappier from the drivers side (phase).

This just shows how bad recordings can be and I was holding the mic straight forward, eye height.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2017   #124
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
The first video is from the drivers seat and the second from the passenger seat. Phase was one thing effected but the change in the vehicle was obviously much more than phase, since the Car was tuned for the drivers seat. The imaging was horrid, the width was completely messed up....the difference is night and day. I listened to the videos after reading some comments above and the input of the mic was greatly overdriven, causing distortion. I know Gerald got the phasing part right, which was pretty easy, but he missed the largest differences that were the easiest to hear in person.

After listening in my Car vs listening to the videos of my car, I am even more convinced this is complete BS. There is no way to tell how one set of speakers would sound compared to a different set using internet videos. I had made a couple other videos I didn't post with just the mic held in varying spots and there were noticeable differences. Just a simple thing as hold the mic up or down just a few inches causes the sound to change drastically. And there are easily 10-20 more variables not account for in these videos.

Don't believe me Gerald? Here are a couple more videos. Same song, different cars. Compare them to the first one I posted above (linked again here) and tell me your thoughts about the 3 systems.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Jerry, thank you for taking the time to do this. I appreciate it a lot as it gives me a chance to prove my theory.

Obviously if the microphone is moved around the tonality is going to change. We are talking sweet spot comparison to sweet spot here.

Both second set of videos depict that the sound quality is very, very good in both vehicles. They are both tuned well and are great sounding systems. My point here is in both of those videos the SQ is high. So we are comparing a Fugi apple to a Macintosh.

With both vehicles sounding this close the only real way to compare would be to sit in them. I agree with you.

But let me do my best to try and make a comparison via video.

With the TL video the microphone was held too far to the right. I could hear the imbalance. When you moved the microphone to the left during your sweep, for a split second, the system sounded balanced. The system in the TL sounded small. Compressed in a way. Maybe there was a lot of deadening installed in that vehicle. Maybe the width in that install was not quite as wide, but the focus in the center was razor sharp.

With the van video, I found the stage to be wider for sure. Where you were holding the microphone didn't matter as much, the system sounded better to me, personally, but I prefer width over a compressed center image with extreme focus, but that is a personal preference.

All three systems have good depth.

Back to the very first video. What did you do from :58 seconds to 2:22? In the meat of the song the high end and sharpness dropped out, so it was hard to judge.

All three cars do sound amazing. And it's obvious to me that the all three cars will sound better in person. With the very first video, I can hear distortion in the bass, but I know its not the system and the microphone in the phone being over driven.

So I would have to agree with you on one point. With cars this high up in SQ the only way to compare and contrast would be in person.

But I would also have to agree that I am right as well. Because these cars sound great with a video recording via the internet, the cars will sound amazing in person.

Old 01-08-2017   #125

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 58 RRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enough

You made the phase part easy by sampling the same track, unlike the ops original post....
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement