My Android based carpc setup - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017   #51

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 29 BassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: My Android based carpc setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by street.terror View Post
this really seems like the way to go. I can dash mount a 7" screen in my ranger no problem. My only thing is still powering the setup. there has to be a decent DC-DC power supply for these.

I wonder if something like this would work? i know its only 5 amps. 313080006 Seeed Technology Co., Ltd | Power Supplies - External/Internal (Off-Board) | DigiKey
haha, funny enough thats what i use for a few other things(charging usb ports).

but yes, it will work indeed. but, im actually looking into a different powering setup that utilizes a switched ignition source that always on.
BassMechanic308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #52

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 29 BassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enoughBassMechanic308 will become famous soon enough

long time no see, been awol for a while trying to get things settled back in place after my RX8 engine finally let go. sadly, it will be down for some time to come, dont plan for it to be back on the road fully for at least a full year or more.

so i ended up borrowing my in-laws car for a little over 2 months while i figured out what i wanted to do for a vehicle. ended up looking at a pickup truck, but it sold before i could return to the guy with cash, so that was a miss. one i really really wanted to.

so i looked around for a few more weeks and ended up looking at and buying a 1999 buick park avenue ultra, supercharged 3.8l (bullet proof engine) for 900 bucks. practically stole it for that price. But, with it being so low, you know there was issues. some easy to address, and others, that will take time to do. overall, the car just needed a damn good interior clean up(to rid it of the mother mouse and newborns i found), not an issue, nothing was tore up, just lots of rat crap. bleached everything i could, and put some natural pine cones in to soak up that smell. car drives great, has tons of power, gets good gas millage, is extremely comfortable, and has lots of trunk space for my system, so it hits all the things i care about.

i have installed a 4 channel amp, and my sub setup for now. im actually getting ready to build my new sub box so i can finally use all 4 of my sundown audio sa8v2 d2's. i purchased a big ass ports' 8 inch monstrosity flared tube port and have worked out dimensions. I will even keep more than half of the trunk space with this box haha.

Im working on planning out the touchscreen in the factory dash location and all the wiring and what I need to run the setup externally right now. Going to use some ¼ inch wood to fasten everything to besides the screen, I have to get a couple adapters and what not and figure out the mounting setup I will be using to put the screen in.

after all that final wiring will occur for the android pc setup. I will temporarily be using my jensen flipout I have as the main processing unit to funnel sound into until I buy my minidsp c6x8. So bare with me here, things are taking shape, just not as fast as I'd like myself, work to damn much...
Old 1 Week Ago   #53

DIYMA freshman

so, ive had some time here and there to work on things with getting this setup to fruitation, and i can say im feeling rather good about it all. so lets get some photo's a postin.....

dont mind the green trim, kids before me seemed to enjoy painting things in this car, and i am returning it to stock. But, i ended up mutilating a single din radio double din install kit that had a pocket. but in doing so i was given the necessary mounting locations i needed. this is temporary, im still working on it. i will also get some better pics rather than just this one here of the screen and how i have it mounted. overall though, im extremely happy with it.

this here, is everything ill be using to run this setup, minus the minidsp. there is a 1tb hard drive below the 120gb ssd. the ssd with contain music only for instant loading compared to the 1tb drive. the plan for this setup is to have all the wires hidden below if possible. i will have a standoff built and plexiglass put over the top so i can see my work, if i have it in sight.

i did screw up on ordering my cables. i thought the XU4 had an otg port onboard, but it doesnt, and my odroid U3 does.....damnit. lol so now ive got to order another adapter to fix that issue.

i hope maybe this weekend i could possibly get my new subwoofer box built and get everything mounted to the board and maybe up and running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement