DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

WTB: Old school CD deck for a commemorative competition install

4K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  Scott Buwalda 
#1 ·
Greetings everyone:

A good friend of mine by the name of Joel Martin died last fall. His wife asked me to come over this week to clean out his old car stereo stuff. I uncovered enough gear to make a killer period-correct old school competiton system. I will be building a commemorative installation and competing it in his name. I have seven flawless PPI Art Series amplifiers, a flawless set of EQT's, heck, I even have the original gold Streetwires blocks, inline fuse holders, and even original Street Wires speaker wire, all specific to the 1993-1994 period. I need a deck. Something that would have been considered super high-end for 1993-1994. Perhaps a Sony CDX-900, Nakamichi CD-700, Alpine 7909 or 7915, Eclipse 413 or 415. The only problem is that it needs to be in extraordinary condition. Anyone got anything? I have cash, and a banquet table full of possible trade items from Joel's stash (MVC, 24XS, PPI processors, Image Dynamics IDQ-10's, etc., etc., etc.)

E-mial me please. I have a bad habit of not checking threads or PM's (especially PM's).

sbuwalda [at] hybrid-audio [dot] com.

#36 ·
Scott this is a long long shot. I see above the mention of a PP A600.2. Here is a link to an old thread where a guy has a new old stock A600 with photos. The link is 2 years old, but this puppy is still in the original box. Might be worth a few minutes of chase.

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/35211/page/1/fpart/12

BTW, if you cruise that thread at all you will see that some of the most awesome amps posted are from tristan20 who is also a DIYMA member here under tristan20.

He might be worth contacting....his gear is off the chart.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.