Demo of Stereo Integrity bookshelves - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #26
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 26 bilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Demo of Stereo Integrity bookshelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by norurb View Post
The box measures 9.5x10x11 on the outside. Without subtracting for anything, I measure .59 cubic feet based on my measurements with a tape measure.
not knowing the thickness of the walls it is kinda hard. Assuming 1/2 think walls we get 8.5x9x10 or 765 cubic inches, .44 cubic feet.
If we go with .75" walls we get 8x8.5x9.5 646 cubic inches, .37 cubic feet

So if the Klipsch box sounds good, then I would say any cabinet that is .35 to .4 or bigger should sound good too? so really the .5cuft cabinets I listed, or the .38 ones both should be good I would think

But one issue I didnt think about... If I was thinking of using these for home stereo speakers... I would need a cross over (or bi-amp if I upgrade my system) BUT most receivers (including the older Sony I would be driving this with for now) need 8 ohm plus speakers. I could wire the drivers it series and get 8 ohm, but then I can cross them... hmmm

bilbo6209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 102 PorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo6209 View Post
not knowing the thickness of the walls it is kinda hard. Assuming 1/2 think walls we get 8.5x9x10 or 765 cubic inches, .44 cubic feet.
If we go with .75" walls we get 8x8.5x9.5 646 cubic inches, .37 cubic feet

So if the Klipsch box sounds good, then I would say any cabinet that is .35 to .4 or bigger should sound good too? so really the .5cuft cabinets I listed, or the .38 ones both should be good I would think

But one issue I didnt think about... If I was thinking of using these for home stereo speakers... I would need a cross over (or bi-amp if I upgrade my system) BUT most receivers (including the older Sony I would be driving this with for now) need 8 ohm plus speakers. I could wire the drivers it series and get 8 ohm, but then I can cross them... hmmm
Crossover from dayton on parts express arent badly priced. They don't allow you to tune the frequency, but pick the right cutoff the first time and ez.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

'15 Focus ST, SI M25, TM65v1, BM MKiv x2, ARC 1200.6, JBL MS 8
PorkCereal is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #28
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkCereal View Post
Crossover from dayton on parts express arent badly priced. They don't allow you to tune the frequency, but pick the right cutoff the first time and ez.

mini dsp cost about 100 bucks and can do great job in place of a pair of passives and way more flexible. no phase shift being a bonus. and you can do
time alignment with it in case you want be creative with drivers placing in relation to each other.

Negative is that you`ll have to power it to work.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 1 Week Ago   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 102 PorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
mini dsp cost about 100 bucks and can do great job in place of a pair of passives and way more flexible. no phase shift being a bonus. and you can do
time alignment with it in case you want be creative with drivers placing in relation to each other.

Negative is that you`ll have to power it to work.
True, depends on the end goal and budget.

Old 1 Week Ago   #30
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkCereal View Post
True, depends on the end goal and budget.

Aren`t that the truth in just about everything...

Me personally I`d make active speakers with 4ch amplification and mini dsp as brain placed in one speaker and 4 wires running to the second speaker.

I actually have 4ch amplifier that is as small as minidsp and would be perfect for that task. 100x2 plus 50x2 for tweeters would be perfect for killer studio monitors stile speakers.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #31
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 26 bilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enoughbilbo6209 will become famous soon enough

not bad ideas

I will need to look at options and see what I can do, Replace the receiver, self power with a small 4 channel amp and minidsp or the like, or something else. or scrap the idea of using the SI drivers and find something that sounds good but are 8ohm out of the box

OK sorry to hijack your thread norurb

We now return you to your regularly scheduled write up by norurb

bilbo6209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

I think I'm going to that thing you sent me to my old Kenwood with dsp built in to my tm65 and kaxblt tweeters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement