DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

My new sub pix

10K views 75 replies 26 participants last post by  chithead 
#1 ·
Well I figured I would try somthing new this time, so i picked up the mbquart 352 15 for a good price. If I like it, I will run 4 of them.

See less See more
#9 ·
My 2 10"s are in a 2^3 sealed enclosure with my 1000W monoblock on them. Going strong for 2 years now.

#12 ·
I am typing via my cell phone, so I will make this brief until I get home. This 15 sounds great.. Good low end extension, and tight controlled response. This gets pretty loud too. It shocked me at how loud it got off 600 watts.. I will definitely be getting 3 more of these. The box came to about 1.7 cubes before sub displacement. I will have pictures tomorrow.

#40 ·
This is encouraging.

I finally built the enclosure for my RWE-352s, got it finished at 5am this morning. I got 1.887 cubes per sub, sealed, and stuffed some fiberfill in there too. They're running off a Clarion DPX11551, giving 1550 watts to the pair.

So far I'm happy with them, I was previously running two RE SE12D4s in a ported enclosure tuned to 34hz (off a BXi1610D) and these seem to hit the lows at least as well. The output of the REs was ridiculous for a pair of 12s, so these have a lot to live up to. I've only got an hour or so of playtime on these so far, but so far I like what I'm hearing.

About how long is the so-called "break in period"?

#29 ·
Im going to buy a new sub either today or tomorrow and I really need some help. I can either go with the mb quart rwe 15 or pwe 12. I assume the 15 will be louder because of cone area but which will sound better? The 15 goes lower but I just cant decide. I listen to classic rock, a little country, new rock, reggae like bob marley, and a little little rap. It will go in a sealed box in a 2004 mazda tribute.
thanks in advance

#32 ·
I also went ahead and bought one of these aswell. I just installed it in a box built for two 15s ported that is now one 15 sealed with 2 cubes in it. So far it sounds nice. Really does pick up the lows well. This is my first sealed box setup and Im quite impressed with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.