HOW TO: Ignore the Off Topic forum - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012   #26

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Driven Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 77 Driven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enough

Default Re: HOW TO: Ignore the Off Topic forum

I've been trying to figure out how to do this too! Thanks for posting this.

How can we ID forum #'s so we can add them to our own custom lists?
Driven Audio Tony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012   #27

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Meridian Softwares
Position:
Manager

Rep Power: 0 jonathan2340 will become famous soon enoughjonathan2340 will become famous soon enoughjonathan2340 will become famous soon enoughjonathan2340 will become famous soon enoughjonathan2340 will become famous soon enoughjonathan2340 will become famous soon enough

Hi guys....This is jon from USA. I am a new comer from USA. I am here to follow your all suggestions.
jonathan2340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012   #28

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Driven Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 77 Driven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enoughDriven Audio Tony will become famous soon enough

Just wanted to bump my Q from a few weeks ago:

How can we ID forum #'s so we can add them to our own custom filter lists?

Can any mods help out with a list of #'s for each subforum?

Old 04-27-2012   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 117 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

you could just not use that feature? i mean i never use it and when i get to caught up reading shit i dont need to know..you know i just dont read the unimportent sections lol

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
ZED audio, Hybrid Audio, FI audio, M-Audio, Custom carputer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
PS. Tell your boss to stop sending me pictures of his cock.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012   #30

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Miller319 will become famous soon enoughMiller319 will become famous soon enoughMiller319 will become famous soon enoughMiller319 will become famous soon enoughMiller319 will become famous soon enoughMiller319 will become famous soon enough

Go to the subforum you don't want to see.

Click Forum Tools and mouse over "Subscribe to This Forum" until you can see the URL, but do not click on it

At the end of the URL will be "f=" and the subforum number.
Miller319 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012   #31

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Driven Audio
Position:
Owner

Thumbs up Re: HOW TO: Ignore the Off Topic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller319 View Post
Go to the subforum you don't want to see.

Click Forum Tools and mouse over "Subscribe to This Forum" until you can see the URL, but do not click on it

At the end of the URL will be "f=" and the subforum number.
Miller, that is a great tip. Thanks for posting!
Old 11-01-2012   #32

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Calliopebrook will become famous soon enoughCalliopebrook will become famous soon enoughCalliopebrook will become famous soon enoughCalliopebrook will become famous soon enoughCalliopebrook will become famous soon enoughCalliopebrook will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
Thanks for the tutorial... it's definitely useful.
You can exclude as many forums as you want by appending the forum IDs to the exclude parameter, delimited by commas.
Calliopebrook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2013   #33
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 48 69Voltage will become famous soon enough69Voltage will become famous soon enough69Voltage will become famous soon enough69Voltage will become famous soon enough69Voltage will become famous soon enough69Voltage will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to 69Voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by effenay View Post
This site is hands down the best source of information for DIY Car audio enthusiasts.

Each time I visit this forum, I click the "New Posts" link to view all of the new posts since my last visit. Unfortunately, it has become increasingly difficult to keep up due to high amount of posts in the Off Topic forum. It's frustrating to have to sift through all those threads every time I visit just to stay on top of relevant discussion about mobile audio.

No disrespect intended to those of you who post in OT. I know that a lot of members enjoy that forum. However, I'm here solely for Car audio information and don't have time to read about your sex lives or bowel movements. In fact, I recently had to take a "break" from this forum because it was becoming too time-consuming to stay on top of things.

Anyhow, I did some research and found that specific forums can be excluded from the New Posts search by manipulating the URL. The following link will search for new posts since your last visit except for those in OT. Simply bookmark this link and use it instead of clicking on "New Posts".

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...tnew&exclude=6

I hope that this helps others to continue visiting and contributing to this site while still keeping their sanity like it has done for me
Resurrecting an old thread, but as a new member I read as much as I could about forum rules, tut's and FAQ's. This is a sticky in the New Member Introduction section and you'll notice one of the recommendations is to frequent the Off Topic section in order to get to know the members here.

What I've learned *new member edition*

Quote:
However, I encourage visits to off topic, it's a good way to get To know the members outside of audio. It supports the the feeling of community, and fosters friendships.

"Light travels faster than sound...This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"....Alan Dundes
69Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2016   #34
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Acoustical Mad Scientist

Rep Power: 80 Jazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura about

If I wanted to exclude the off-topic forum, but INclude the photography subforum ... is there a way to do that?

Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
-My 2002 VW Golf stealth SQ build (an engineering student's perspective)
-Jazzi's tuning companion for Room EQ Wizard
Jazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2016   #35

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 wizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
If I wanted to exclude the off-topic forum, but INclude the photography subforum ... is there a way to do that?
It's called just don't click anything other than the photography sub forum.
wizzi001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #36

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Solen
Position:
Manager

Rep Power: 0 nathan232 will become famous soon enoughnathan232 will become famous soon enoughnathan232 will become famous soon enoughnathan232 will become famous soon enoughnathan232 will become famous soon enoughnathan232 will become famous soon enough

Default Two days left !!! How to register to the “CONCEPTION OF DIY SPEAKERS (DO IT YOURSELF

REGULATIONS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Solen Électronique Contest has began December 1st, 2016 and ends on February 14th, 2017 at midnight;
2. To be eligible, the winner must be over 18 years of age and be located in Québec Canada;
3. Make a pair of two-way speakers using a 15W / 4524T02 woofer and a D2604 / 8320-02 tweeter. These will be offered at 35% off the retail price and you can shop online at Solen Électronique Inc.
4. There is no restriction on the type of speakers: bass reflex, sealed, open baffle, horn, etc.
5. The only restriction is the separator filter. It must be the passive type.
6. you have provided the Speaker pair a name.
7. The deadline for submitting your design is February 1, 2017.
8. The prize is based on the number of participants, the competition requiring a minimum of 10 participants in order to take place:
To enter the contest, you must complete the registration form available at quebecaudio.
nathan232 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement