Search not showing all results? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Retired from DIYMA Market

Rep Power: 152 durwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enough

Default Search not showing all results?

I searched for one of my for sale threads and it did not come up in the search results. I tired several different keywords that are in both the title and posts and nothing. Is the search setup to ignore my own posts or is the search function have a glitch? If I do an advanced search and search by keyword AND my username it does come up, but not by only keyword.

Maybe one day, enough lemmings will fill the trench, and people can cross over to the promised Nirvana.-some wiseguy.
durwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

Administrator

Rep Power: 5000 New Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Search not showing all results?

Which thread are you searching for and what search terms are you using?

Kevin

New Super Admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to New Super Admin For This Useful Post:
schmiddr2 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 durwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enoughdurwood will become famous soon enough

I guess it is fairly specific because I searched for another thread and it came up no problem.

If I search "clarion" or "dpx" nothing comes up for my classified, but if I search "clarion class" both words that are in the title it comes up. I even tried wildcards with "clarion" and "dpx"

FS: Clarion DPX2251 Class GH amplifiers

Maybe one day, enough lemmings will fill the trench, and people can cross over to the promised Nirvana.-some wiseguy.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4

Administrator

Rep Power: 5000 New Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura about

Hey durwood,

If you know which forum it's in and type the keywords and select Titles Only, the search results pulled yours up first at the top of the list. See the image below for how I searched for it:

DIYmobile.jpg

When I left it as "All Forums" and either Titles Only or All posts, nothing would appear - so this is an issue if you're searching for a thread you know exists but not sure which section it was posted in. You can always search for your own posts by going to your Profile Page > Statistics > Find all posts or Find all threads started by durwood > and can use Ctrl + F (to find) and enter the keywords of your thread title and it'll direct to you that exact one.

Let me know if you're able to find your thread "FS: Clarion DPX2251 Class GH amplifiers" with the same method I searched for it.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Natalie

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

The only way to find it is select "titles only". Doesn't matter if I point it to the subforum "classifieds" or not. Even if I go to the classifieds, select search this forum and search "clarion" it does not show unless I select titles only.

I have the word clarion in the body/posts too, so in theory it should find it, so still seems odd to me. I can find my posts so I wasn't concerned about that specifically, but if I was searching for something else I would really hope I could see all results so I wasn't missing anything. There were some really good technical posts back in the day.

Old 1 Week Ago   #6

Administrator

Hey there,

HAve you tried using the advanced search function?
Have you had any luck with that?

Richard.

Old 1 Week Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

do it yourself

Rep Power: 40118 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

I searched

"DPX2251" and yours was the second on the list.
"Class GH amplifiers" and yours was 5th on the list.
"Robert Zeff" did not show your thread.
"Durwood" cannot be used unless you put your SN in the thread.

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell
schmiddr2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #8

Administrator

Hey,

I was able to search and find the thread with 'Robert Zeff' by going to the advanced search, selecting the classified section, and 'show results as posts'

DPX will not work as a search term because it is only 3 characters long and the search engine requires a minimum of 4 characters.

~Sheena

Sponsored Links
Advertisement