New MCC404 For Sale - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 menteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enough

Default New MCC404 For Sale

Up for sale is my unused, unscrewed MCC404 McIntosh Car Amplifier.

I purchased this amp to install into my C63 AMG as I figured this would be the last time I would see one of these in new (other) condition. My previous experience with McIntosh car amplifiers has been amazing. The sound out of the McIntosh car amplifiers is on a different level than most others. Sadly, it has has been sitting in my closet because of the optical nature of the stereo system in my Mercedes makes the install a bit more intensive than I previously expected and I would lose the surround sound features.

I opened the box only to confirm the purchase and to admire its beauty for a brief moment. There are probably only a few of these around in this condition. I understand that the "Buy it Now" is high at $2000, but make me an offer on Ebay and we can go from there.

Just search EBAY for MCC404 if you are interested. I cannot post pictures or links here, but you probably wont be buying this amp unless you already know what it looks like anyways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0788[1].jpg (71.8 KB, 196 views)
menteleum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2014   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 47 probillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enoughprobillygun will become famous soon enough

Default Re: New MCC404 For Sale

I think you should keep it. This is really a special amp you will likely regret selling.
probillygun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2014   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 menteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enoughmenteleum will become famous soon enough

You are making me feel guilty

Like I am cheating my future self of something special.

I am going to think about it today. I may keep it. I don't need the money, but I would like to get some Shure SE846 headphones and a Concero HP headphone DAC/AMP to listen to HiFi at work.

In the end I am hedging against an argument when shes what I spent on a pair of earbuds and the amp. You know what. I am taking the listing down. I am my own man and can buy whatever I want!
menteleum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 125 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Exactly and just realize once you say that to her, I've got extra rooms in my house lol. Jk, you will be just fine. Enjoy that wonderful amp of yours.

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 / Alpine PXA-H800 / Alpine C800 / Sinfoni T25T / Sinfoni T65W / Brax X2400.2 / Brax X2000.2 / JL Audio 12TW3-D4

For sale NIB / Sinfoni Tempo 10 / Sinfoni T65W / Rear view camera....
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 169 legend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the rough

I see you changed your mind

Alpine 164--Alpine V9--ScanSpeak D3004--Alpine SPX-17Pro--(2)DIYMA12
legend94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 125 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

I hope that he did as it's a beautiful amp, one of which I would like to own.

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 / Alpine PXA-H800 / Alpine C800 / Sinfoni T25T / Sinfoni T65W / Brax X2400.2 / Brax X2000.2 / JL Audio 12TW3-D4

For sale NIB / Sinfoni Tempo 10 / Sinfoni T65W / Rear view camera....
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough

Newbee question: Is the model Pioneer PRS A-900 chassis amplifier in the same or similar performance league with the McIntosh car audio model MCC404? Not the same marketing league as the largely historic McIntosh namesake, but rather component build quality, output signal quality metric's. At the end of the day, its voltage amplification after all.

Cheers, Mike

Cheers Mike
MY06 Jetta MkV - OEM MFD2 Navi w/Dynaudio-DSP retro-fit --/-- MY98 911 (993) Coupe - P99RS, A900s (2x ICEpower PRS-D4200), Dynaudio, JBL, Seas..
1998993C2S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015   #8

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 91 jimmys91 will become famous soon enoughjimmys91 will become famous soon enoughjimmys91 will become famous soon enoughjimmys91 will become famous soon enoughjimmys91 will become famous soon enoughjimmys91 will become famous soon enough

That's kinda like saying a Ford Focus and a Audi R8 are both cars and will get you to the same place so they must be the same right. With that said i'm not a huge fan boy of either product but both are good quality amps.

2011 Honda CR-Z
Factory HU > JBL MS-8 > (D60 = Dynaudio MD100) (D? to AR 6.5") (D200 to SS10R sub).
jimmys91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015   #9
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmys91 View Post
That's kinda like saying a Ford Focus and a Audi R8 are both cars and will get you to the same place so they must be the same right. With that said i'm not a huge fan boy of either product but both are good quality amps.
except theres measurable and obvious differences between the actual performance. unlike amps, where theres still plenty of debate with no good comparisons and measured differences.

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 169 legend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the roughlegend94 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998993C2S View Post
Newbee question: Is the model Pioneer PRS A-900 chassis amplifier in the same or similar performance league with the McIntosh car audio model MCC404? Not the same marketing league as the largely historic McIntosh namesake, but rather component build quality, output signal quality metric's. At the end of the day, its voltage amplification after all.

Cheers, Mike
pioneer lacks power guard which to me is the main reason to won mcintosh other than build quality.

Old 04-21-2015   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Shop Ratt

12V Company:
Hybrid Audio/ Audiotec Fischer USA
Position:
Logistics Manager

Rep Power: 59 BlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enough

Dang it bobby, you had me excited until I looked at the date of the OP...

Denon DCT-1 / Denon DSV-1
Helix DSP PRO MKII
Brax MX4 >> Left channel L1ProR2, L3SE, L8SE
Brax MX4 >> Right channel L1ProR2, L3SE, L8SE
Brax MX2 >> C15SW-D2
BlackHHR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHHR View Post
Dang it bobby, you had me excited until I looked at the date of the OP...
maybe he never sold it?

you don't need it if you are still using the amps in your signature.

Old 04-21-2015   #13

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough1998993C2S will become famous soon enough

Default Audi R8 actual ownership and car audio analogy

Hey jimmys91 - too funny as I actually own a MY14 R8 4.2; that and have you keep up with the Ford Focus model RS developments as of late? Although not sure if N. America gets the goods. The VW GTI, Subi whatever model and the like,, lookout! The Ford Focus RS shown at the March Geneva Salon could be a great daily driver. For now, I'll continue to settle for our soon to be 10yo MY06 VW MkV Jetta GLI as the daily driver beast.

As for the automotive HiFi signal chain and amplification, it seems Pioneer garners tier one respect for the head end units, ala the P99RS, etc, for passing signal. But further on down the signal supply chain and they don't know jack shite... I own several of the A-900s (yes the marketing $ level was a stupid ploy) and these are quiet, 110db quiet circuitry executions, of a dual mono design. But why NO respect? Marketing influence getting the best of the day? I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmys91 View Post

Cheers Mike
MY06 Jetta MkV - OEM MFD2 Navi w/Dynaudio-DSP retro-fit --/-- MY98 911 (993) Coupe - P99RS, A900s (2x ICEpower PRS-D4200), Dynaudio, JBL, Seas..

Last edited by 1998993C2S; 04-22-2015 at 11:25 AM..
Old 04-22-2015   #14

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 43 eric3514 will become famous soon enougheric3514 will become famous soon enougheric3514 will become famous soon enougheric3514 will become famous soon enougheric3514 will become famous soon enougheric3514 will become famous soon enough

Nice amp right here! I just saw one in ebay: McIntosh MCC404 4 Channel Car Amplifier | eBay
eric3514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015   #15

DIYMA freshman

Default "Power Guard" TM for a common Input/output comparator circuit

Gotta say I'm not totally familiar with the McIntosh Power Guard trade mark but my chicken shite guess is its some form or another of a input/output comparator circuit.
Back in the early '70's Crown's DC-300A and DC-150A amplifiers called such a circuit IOC ... Input Output Comparator. Because of inherent and often destructive, threshold rail voltages in higher powered A/B amp designs .... don't most quality amps have such a IOC or "power Guard" implemented? Marketed as such or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend94 View Post
pioneer lacks power guard which to me is the main reason to won mcintosh other than build quality.

Cheers Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement