***STOLEN TC SOUNDS TC3000 15 on EBAY*** - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2016   #1

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 104 nstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enough

Default ***STOLEN TC SOUNDS TC3000 15 on EBAY***

***STOLEN TC SOUNDS TC3000 15 on EBAY***

If you bought this speaker you are now the owner of stolen goods!

I used to own this sub and sold it to the owner of Salvi's Automotive in Hooksett NH...on 12/10 it was stolen from his shop...we know who did it...and a few days later here it is on Ebay. Police have been notified and so has Ebay.

If you bought this you may want to contact the seller.

TC sounds TC-3000+ 15" Subwoofer FIFTEEN 15 iNCH SUB | eBay
nstaln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2016   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 44 jimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enough

Default Re: ***STOLEN TC SOUNDS TC3000 15 on EBAY***

So... is the guy who stole it, the same guy who is selling it on eBay?

jimmydee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016   #3

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 104 nstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydee View Post
So... is the guy who stole it, the same guy who is selling it on eBay?
Doesn't appear to be...the suspect is a junkie who used to be a partner at my buddys garage...dead-beat...always scammin people for $$ so he could feed his habbit. My buddy found out the hard way when he ripped off a bunch of really expensive tools.

He's done it a few times this last time taking the sub...I'm a TC fan so I'm always prowling ebay/craigslist etc for TC stuffs....and there it was.

I contacted the guy selling it and just by looking at his auctions he seems like a pawn shop though I never got any address or actual name. He did give me his direct number which I gave to my buddy...after all it's his shop and his sub.

Cops don't seem to want to do much without serial #'s and receipts...the thing is 10 years old and second-hand...my buddy may be SOL...kinda hoping the ebay guy will help my buddy and help the cops get the guy.

...but people can be shitty...so we'll see.

I just wanted to post this to amke aware anyone one this forum that may have bought it.

Old 12-20-2016   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 108 fatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enough

it says it was purchased from Wkbdkid .... I wonder what the deal was with that
fatboyracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016   #5

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyracing View Post
it says it was purchased from Wkbdkid .... I wonder what the deal was with that
I just looked him up...part of me wants to send the buyer a message...but I would like to give the seller a chance to do the right thing and not contacting his customers...if he ends up not helping, then I'll reach out to the buyer...but I wouldn't be heartbroken if the buyer somehow stumbled across this thread...

The buyer is going to have an issue with the sub anyways...it's listed as 'new' condition...I can assure you it isn't...the cone has dings and dents, a couple of the mounting tabs are cracked which was common on the older TC's...one of the binding post pairs came unglued from the frame....so this was destined for a little TLC before using again...the customer isn't gonna be pleased...

...hell it's missing the frame gasket and magnet boot...both of which I still have.

Last edited by nstaln; 12-20-2016 at 11:06 AM..
Old 12-20-2016   #6

DIYMA Novice

Just talked to my buddy...he's contacted the seller and it seems the guy is willing to help...to what end I'm not sure...but they'll figure it out.

Glad there are still some half-way descent folks out there. The seller IS a local pawn shop...so it's certainly in his best interest to get clear of it.
Old 12-28-2016   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 OramG will become famous soon enoughOramG will become famous soon enoughOramG will become famous soon enoughOramG will become famous soon enoughOramG will become famous soon enoughOramG will become famous soon enough

So how did it end? Maybe some bonus to the guy that decided to help?

Last edited by OramG; 12-29-2016 at 03:33 AM..
OramG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016   #8

DIYMA Novice

I'll have to follow up with my friend and see if he got anywhere with the shop owner.

Last I heard the guy hadn't returned my friends calls.
Old 12-28-2016   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 247 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that the sub was listed as "new" shows this pawn shop is a little on the shady side. If it needs the TLC you say it does I'd be PISSED if I got it and found it wasn't "new". This is why it's best to only buy from trusted people.

OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...HASTE MAKES WASTE
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016   #10

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
The fact that the sub was listed as "new" shows this pawn shop is a little on the shady side. If it needs the TLC you say it does I'd be PISSED if I got it and found it wasn't "new". This is why it's best to only buy from trusted people.
Yeah the sub is no where near 'new'. I don't know if the guy ever shipped it or not...but when my friend made initial contact with the guy he said he had sold it (via Ebay) but had not shipped it. If he did go ahead and ship it, he did it with full knowledge that it is stolen property.

The cops weren't doing shit...which is really disappointing...I'm a big fan and supporter of law enforcement and have the utmost respect for first responders etc...but the lack of give-a-shit that the local cops have shown my friend is really...like I said, disappointing. That's why we were hoping the shop owner might do the right thing and help us catch the guy.

Let this be a lesson...always document serial numbers and keep receipts. The police won't even put down their coffee unless you have iron-clad documentation that item that is stolen is YOURS.

This whole episode has made me re-evaluate my security measures...or lack there of.
Old 12-28-2016   #11
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 146 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Police does not give a flying fuck what you tell them without iron clad evidence and even then sometimes doesn`t.
Here is an example for your entertainment pleasure.

I have a friends who was used car dealer at the time.
one day he gave $15000 worth Tahoe for a test ride.
took driver license copy and let them go on their way.
4 hours later no truck and no answering the phone so he calls the cops.
Cops said that they can`t do anything until 72hours passed as he gave truck for test ride willingly.
friend of mine jumped in the car and drove to address listed on DL.
through garage window he spotted his Tahoe and called cops again.
Same story- can`t go question anyone until crime has been committed.
at 72 hour mark he called again and cops came to the garage to stripped down frame.
Now they have a crime and suspect that has issued warrant later on.
my friend out of $15000 but with distant possibility of theft prosecution.
Insurance paid him off minus his 1000 deductible.
THief never been prosecuted and money recovered.

In this case police followed the law.Fucked up one but nonetheless.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016   #12

DIYMA Novice

My friend told me the guy hasn't been returning his calls...so I guess the almighty dollar wins again...this shop owners integrity sold for whatever pittance he made off of selling the sub.

Sad indeed.

I may have to reach out to the person who bought it and make them aware.
Old 12-28-2016   #13
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Rep Power: 146 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Here is one more.
Another friend of mine bought really sweet Saxophone off craigslist for $500 or so i think,
price was about 1/5 what that Seymour should cost so he bought it.
after a month he decided to sell it on ebay to make some money on it.
Posted pictures of any possible angle including serial number, model,etc.
Received a call from investigator saying that Saxophone reported stolen and that my friend have to bring it to his local police station.
he did and filed complaint against dude he bought it from in hope to recover his 500.
Police has phone number, emails, address, never did anything to caught him.
Dude in possession of what could be considered a prove of ownership had his Saxophone back (I assume) so technically police did their job just fine.
Old 12-28-2016   #14
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstaln View Post
My friend told me the guy hasn't been returning his calls...so I guess the almighty dollar wins again...this shop owners integrity sold for whatever pittance he made off of selling the sub.

Sad indeed.

I may have to reach out to the person who bought it and make them aware.

Owner of pawn shop has to do what in your opinion?

BTW you can`t reach someone else ebay buyer,not anymore.
Old 12-28-2016   #15

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
Owner of pawn shop has to do what in your opinion?

BTW you can`t reach someone else ebay buyer,not anymore.
The owner of the shop doesn't have to do anything...we need his help to catch the guy breaking into my friends garage. The shop owner can provide video and ID info for the guy who brought the speaker into his store. My buddy will pay whatever he paid the guy who stole it (I'm sure it wasn't much) so the shop owner doesn't lose any money. Then the cops can question/investigate the guy who did the actual theft.

He may not want to get involved...maybe because he purchased other things from this same thief.

Guy steals shit, Police won't do shit, store owner won't help...just wonder where honor has gone.

Last edited by nstaln; 12-28-2016 at 11:11 AM..
Old 12-28-2016   #16
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
The owner of the shop doesn't have to do anything...we need his help to catch the guy breaking into my friends garage. The shop owner can provide video and ID info for the guy who brought the speaker into his store. My buddy will pay whatever he paid the guy who stole it (I'm sure it wasn't much) so the shop owner doesn't lose any money. Then the cops can question/investigate the guy who did the actual theft.

He may not want to get involved...maybe because he purchased other things from this same thief.

Guy steals shit, Police won't do shit, store owner won't help...just wonder where honor has gone.
People stopped doing what they don`t HAVE to do a while ago,shit can backfire. it`s soul crushing but it is what it is.
Old 12-28-2016   #17

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
People stopped doing what they don`t HAVE to do a while ago,shit can backfire. it`s soul crushing but it is what it is.
Not entirely true.

Some of us still believe in doing the right thing...but it does seem to be an increasingly rare quality in people these days.
Old 12-28-2016   #18
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
Not entirely true.

Some of us still believe in doing the right thing...but it does seem to be an increasingly rare quality in people these days.
Indeed.
Old 12-28-2016   #19

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 25 grinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enough

Im in Canada and the Pawn shop rules are pretty strict but not always enforceable.

here is one of the rules.

Title to Property
31. (1) Notwithstanding any other provision in this or any other Act, where it has been determined by the Police that a second hand good is stolen or otherwise unlawfully obtained by the unlawful act(s) of any person, the original lawful owner of the second hand good retains an absolute right of ownership over the second hand good.

So if you have a receipt and photographic evidence showing some unique identifying marks like solder, scratches or anything that shows it was yours then maybe you can get it back this way.
grinkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016   #20

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinkeeper View Post
Im in Canada and the Pawn shop rules are pretty strict but not always enforceable.

Title to Property
31. (1) Notwithstanding any other provision in this or any other Act, where it has been determined by the Police that a second hand good is stolen or otherwise unlawfully obtained by the unlawful act(s) of any person, the original lawful owner of the second hand good retains an absolute right of ownership over the second hand good.

So if you have a receipt and photographic evidence showing some unique identifying marks like solder, scratches or anything that shows it was yours then maybe you can get it back this way.
Not sure what the laws are down here...but identifying the sub is pretty easy...I have pics of it. The sub is missing the magnet boot and frame gasket, which I have both. The sub itself is pretty rare...TC3k 15's aren't that rare but this one is a first generation with GRAY paint...to my knowledge all production models were BLACK frames.

The only way I got the gray-framed 15 is because I had sent an Audiomobile MASS motor to TC Sounds (this is back 2006-ish when they were still in business) to be rebuilt as a custom 15...however that driver got 'lost' in shipping somewhere in Connecticut so TC Sounds sent me a TC3k 15 in gray to make up for the lost speaker. The problem was this is also when TC was sending the subs with the motor still attached...mine showed up with 2 out of the 4 mounting tabs damaged. This was common until they started shipping the subs and motors separately. Anyways when I told TC about the damaged frame they sent me a black (production model) top assembly. I later somewhat repaired the gray top with JB Weld and matched it with a (Lightning Audio)TC 3HP motor but only used the sub inverted to not have as much stress on the mounting tabs.

I sent an email to Thilo Stompler at TC Sounds about the original invoice...but he responded saying he didn't have any records that far back.
Old 12-28-2016   #21
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinkeeper View Post

Title to Property

Pawn shop rules is equally strict in most US states. burden of proof always lays on owner.
Best rule is to document every single thing you own,never know when it might get handy.
Old 12-28-2016   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 29 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

Police are out here fighting some crazy issues. I doubt this is high on their radar. It's a speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGreen83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2016   #23

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen83 View Post
Police are out here fighting some crazy issues. I doubt this is high on their radar. It's a speaker.

Very true...i would put this low on the list of priorities for sure...however it's not really about this speaker...it's about the thousands of dollars worth of tools that the guy has stolen from my friends garage after breaking in multiple times...he's doing it to feed a drug habit and I'm sure he's not just targeting my friend...

...so I guess it's more about ridding the streets of junkie assholes that are stealing peoples stuff.

..And I'm pretty sure 'robbery' department detectives are tasked to do this specific thing.

My buddies place was broken into 3 times...we know by who...we know what he took and it amounted to a few thousand in tools/equipment etc. We found ONE of the items he stole (the sub) selling on ebay, tracked it to a pawn shop and an owner who (at least initially) seemed willing to help along with a physical location of the item and photo proof that the sub belonged to me (at one point).

So we present the cops with a suspect, a stolen item (w/photo proof), the item sale add/shop name/owner name, stolen item ACTUAL location, and a store owner willing to help...

...all the cops have to do is get off their ass and go talk to the store owner...that's it...we did all the work for them. But they won't even open a case. 5 minutes of their time and this could be wrapped up and they could put one in the 'win' column.

Un-fucking-real.
Old 12-28-2016   #24
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen83 View Post

Try stealing $10 worth of shit in Walmart and see how fast police will find time to book you in and charge you with theft.
Old 12-28-2016   #25
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:
Very true...i would put this low on the list of priorities for sure...however it's not really about this speaker...it's about the thousands of dollars worth of tools that the guy has stolen from my friends garage after breaking in multiple times...he's doing it to feed a drug habit and I'm sure he's not just targeting my friend...

...so I guess it's more about ridding the streets of junkie assholes that are stealing peoples stuff.

..And I'm pretty sure 'robbery' department detectives are tasked to do this specific thing.

My buddies place was broken into 3 times...we know by who...we know what he took and it amounted to a few thousand in tools/equipment etc. We found ONE of the items he stole (the sub) selling on ebay, tracked it to a pawn shop and an owner who (at least initially) seemed willing to help along with a physical location of the item and photo proof that the sub belonged to me (at one point).

So we present the cops with a suspect, a stolen item (w/photo proof), the item sale add/shop name/owner name, stolen item ACTUAL location, and a store owner willing to help...

...all the cops have to do is get off their ass and go talk to the store owner...that's it...we did all the work for them. But they won't even open a case. 5 minutes of their time and this could be wrapped up and they could put one in the 'win' column.

Un-fucking-real.
Police is not here to protect small guy`s property, It`s sad that you people refuse to realise that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement