Legends of Car Audio ebay store - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 81 stickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished road

Default Legends of Car Audio ebay store

this guy has some amazing stuff, for those looking for New Old School goodness.... just thought i would share:

Legends of Car Audio | eBay Stores
stickpony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to stickpony For This Useful Post:
RVA_LVER (3 Weeks Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 24 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Legends of Car Audio ebay store

sweet
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 115 pickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enough

Proud of those prices..
pickup1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 148 nineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the rough

where in the hell would you find a collection as large as this all NIB some 20-35 years old? it just baffles me.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people. - Brad Thor
nineball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to nineball For This Useful Post:
stickpony (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 49 rayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enough

Prices look high on a lot of items.
rayray881 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 81 stickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray881 View Post
Prices look high on a lot of items.

What! Almost Everything is brand New, never used. Where else can you find 15 and 20 year old equipment brand new??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
where in the hell would you find a collection as large as this all NIB some 20-35 years old? it just baffles me.

Exactly. It's crazy. I was a car audio dealer back in the day, and many of his prices are close to distribution cost, so they are very reasonably priced. A couple of the rare items are expensive, but that's normal

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 22 sq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enough

Its all been stashed in a time capsule.....a fairly large time capsule......
sq2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 173 kyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the rough

While it is new, but for the duration of keeping, I'll pass, considering the capacitor's lifespan.

kyheng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 5 leonpiper69 will become famous soon enoughleonpiper69 will become famous soon enoughleonpiper69 will become famous soon enoughleonpiper69 will become famous soon enoughleonpiper69 will become famous soon enoughleonpiper69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickpony View Post
Exactly. It's crazy. I was a car audio dealer back in the day, and many of his prices are close to distribution cost, so they are very reasonably priced. A couple of the rare items are expensive, but that's normal

I used to work in a shop in the 90s I a lot of the stuff I am seeing listed is higher than dist pricing and most is junk. Most are 20-30 yr old subs that people forget were all the same parts with diff labels and the reason they are rare is because no one saved them because they weren't worth saving. And while it might be cool because it's older you can buy ten times better gear for a fraction of the price today.

a Petra sub isn't worth 10 bucks LOL let alone 300

That being said I still have some older stuff myself but I won't overpay for it.
leonpiper69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 49 rayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enoughrayray881 will become famous soon enough

Just my opinion that prices are high. If you think an item is worth it then go for it.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner/ Engineer/Sales/Support

Rep Power: 150 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyheng View Post
While it is new, but for the duration of keeping, I'll pass, considering the capacitor's lifespan.
Capacitors without power applied can be stored almost indefinitely (in terms of human life span)

current flow and heat killing capacitors not time.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Rep Power: 150 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray881 View Post
Just my opinion that prices are high. If you think an item is worth it then go for it.
In comparison what you can get today for comparable amount prices indeed high. Old shit has sentimental value for some people despite that fact.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14

DIYMA freshman

Exactly
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Now this is a steal

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 132 felix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enoughfelix509 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyheng View Post
Something a wise man once told me:

Capacitors do fail, but it has nothing to do with charge / discharge or age. It is a function of temperature & ripple current.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
felix509 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 26 grinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enoughgrinkeeper will become famous soon enough

This guys collection is extensive to say the least and there is some real nice pieces. I find the prices are too high usually. The NIB stuff can be argued as closer to fair market value as they are new.

If I was selling some of my O/S amps then this Ebay Seller is helping keeping the price of Old School gear high.

Now on the other hand if I was buying O/S amps this Ebay seller is working against my best interests.

So it works both ways I guess. Truth is that this guy has lots of gear and its all been for sale for a long time. It doesn’t look like he is selling a whole lot. It is nice to see that someone is keeping the O/S/market alive and well and is working to document the progression of O/S history through his sales. So good on him.
grinkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Rep Power: 127 MACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enough

I have bought a few rare items from him and the prices we settled on were very fair. Those Ebay prices are not necessarily what you have to pay .

"I say stay long enough to repay all who caused strife." Layne Staley
MACS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #20

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
In comparison what you can get today for comparable amount prices indeed high. Old shit has sentimental value for some people despite that fact.
old shit tends to be better built too.. today's gear is riddled with garbage components. newer isn't always better.. i would think that YOU of all people, who is selling TUBE pre-amps would understand that.

what the fuck is wrong with some of the people in this thread!!??? nothing but negative nancy's! i post a really cool find, a store with hundred of pieces of legacy and classic car audio gear, NEW, and you find a way to shit on it!??
The Following User Says Thank You to stickpony For This Useful Post:
High Resolution Audio (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #21

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACS View Post
I have bought a few rare items from him and the prices we settled on were very fair. Those Ebay prices are not necessarily what you have to pay .
indeed. the Art of negotiation
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 79 DC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
old shit tends to be better built too.. today's gear is riddled with garbage components. newer isn't always better.. i would think that YOU of all people, who is selling TUBE pre-amps would understand that.

what the fuck is wrong with some of the people in this thread!!??? nothing but negative nancy's! i post a really cool find, a store with hundred of pieces of legacy and classic car audio gear, NEW, and you find a way to shit on it!??
New stuff is built fine if you are not buying junk. Don't forget, there was a lot of crap built back in the day also.
DC/Hertz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #23
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

UNPLUGGED

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:

Quote:

Not all old shit was better build and that guy listing is perfecr demonstration of it.
Where do you find me shitting on it?
I just expressed my opinion why people buying old stuff.
I despise term "old school" as overused and presented as superior by default.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 79 DC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enough

Same as people that still think A/B is superior to D. Go get a A/B boss amp
DC/Hertz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #25

DIYMA freshman

Guess the op is triggered from differing opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement