Gluing Leather to Wood - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2017   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 126 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

Default Gluing Leather to Wood

I have an MDF enclosure that has been built to fit inside of a suitcase. I need to find a way to glue the suitcase to the enclosure though, so that it does not shift around and also to help it retain it's shape (I cut the back off at an angle).

Are there any recommended glues I can use? I have some Loctite 200 Middleweight spray, but not sure if that would hold well enough.

Thanks.

A tablet, a DSP, some amps, speakers and a suitcase
naiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2017   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 277 Onyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Gluing Leather to Wood

Weldwood Landau Top Trim adhesive. Everything else sucks in comparison.
Onyx1136 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017   #3
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 213 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx1136 View Post
not everything. hell, theres even better out there. but this is the most popular and cost effective adhesives that you can trust

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 277 Onyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond repute

Allow me to be more specific. Everything that I've ever tried has sucked in comparison. And I've tried a lot of different adhesives for upholstery in the last 20 years.

So, which adhesives work better than Landau top Trim for upholstery?
Onyx1136 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017   #5
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 213 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Allow me to be more specific. Everything that I've ever tried has sucked in comparison. And I've tried a lot of different adhesives for upholstery in the last 20 years.

So, which adhesives work better than Landau top Trim for upholstery?
gunna be hard to believe/vague, but theres a local supplier near me that you we order as "5 gallons of the green adhesive". no label on it. much stronger than anything ive ever used, including weldwood

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2017   #6
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Victory Sonics

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 Victor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the roughVictor_inox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
gunna be hard to believe/vague, but theres a local supplier near me that you we order as "5 gallons of the green adhesive". no label on it. much stronger than anything ive ever used, including weldwood
Must be illegal for retail sale.

Chemical industry does amazing shit these days. too bad some of it too dangerous for retail.

I`ve been told that glue that used in surgeries is 1% different from super glue we all can buy in retail.

It seems like most people don't care to actually understand reality.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #7

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 104 brianhj will become famous soon enoughbrianhj will become famous soon enoughbrianhj will become famous soon enoughbrianhj will become famous soon enoughbrianhj will become famous soon enoughbrianhj will become famous soon enough

Quote:
this

highly recommended
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA member

Rep Power: 61 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm going to agree with this. It's high heat and strength. I've done some crazy stuff with it.

The best way to dummy proof is to get rid of the dummies
Theslaking is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement