LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 bowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enough

Default Savard Rap 15" subwoofer specs

I am doing an older set up and using the Savard Rap 15". Can anyone help me with the specs so I can build the box correct?I have 4 of them going in my car.THANKS!

DJ
bowmanhunter@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 low2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Savard Rap 15" subwoofer specs

google them, someone is bound to be using them. nice subs. i knew a friend who sold them along with the autotek bass thrsut amps and they hit.
low2001gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 85 bowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enoughbowmanhunter@verizon.net will become famous soon enough

Yes I have searched the internet high and low with no luckI am running the Autotek BTS amps on these just like I did 20 years ago(lol)

Anyone have any ideas where I can find the info?Thanks again.

DJ
Old 10-14-2008   #4

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 91 crux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enough

Specs taken from the WinISD Beta database:
Qts: 0.68
Vas: 11 cuft
Fs: 28hz
Xmax: 5.1mm
Z: 4 ohm
SPL: 92 db
Pe: 250 watts

I have searched Savard quite a few times. I always get hits for some hockey player. Hard to find a lot of info on the older woofers, and damn near impossible to find any actual speakers( every now and then ebay ).

"Just ring the F'ing bell you Panzy!"
crux131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #5

DIYMA freshman

thanks, but I have no idea what all that means

I ended up finding an old Autotek show vehicle from years back still put together!!!I bought 13 of the Autotek BTS amps w/4 of them being the 7600 model, and I also got 8-15" Rap woofers and 10-10" Rap woofers

Off to check what those specs mean.THANKS for posting them.

DJ
Old 10-15-2008   #6

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 76 aztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enough

Savard made some awesome cones back in the day. After you learn about the T/S parameters and what they mean, you may look into getting the Woofer Tester from Parts Express. It will give you more accurate specs than what you can find online. Those speakers deserve the best enclosure possible.
aztec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #7

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux131 View Post
Specs taken from the WinISD Beta database:
Qts: 0.68
Vas: 11 cuft
Fs: 28hz
Xmax: 5.1mm
Z: 4 ohm
SPL: 92 db
Pe: 250 watts
Is that correct of VAS:11 cuft?????That means I need 44 cubic feet for the 4 speakers????That seems like ALOTthanks.

DJ
Old 10-15-2008   #8
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 216 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmanhunter@verizon.net View Post
Is that correct of VAS:11 cuft?????That means I need 44 cubic feet for the 4 speakers????That seems like ALOTthanks.

DJ
VAS is not the airspace needed
Scott@GZUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #9

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsDownLow View Post
VAS is not the airspace needed
I see it's the volume of air
Old 10-15-2008   #10

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 91 crux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enoughcrux131 will become famous soon enough

Do you still have extras of any of those subs?

I would love a couple of the tens if reasonable.

Old 10-15-2008   #11

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux131 View Post
Do you still have extras of any of those subs?

I would love a couple of the tens if reasonable.
I don't think I am going to use any of the 10"s. I'll know more after I get the box built for the 4-15"s.
Old 10-15-2008   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

I HATE IT!

Rep Power: 960 ChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond repute

All I remember about Savard is that your box had to be H U G E. A friend of mine had one 12" sub in a bandpass box, and it took up his whole trunk. IIRC, it measured out at 6 or 7 cubic feet and barely fit in the trunk of his Cavalier convertible.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #13

DIYMA freshman

A lot of people ran them isobaric ( at least the Raps and possibly pro series ). Hi-Q's were marketed as small box woofers, though I think they sounded better in larger enclosures.

My two RAP 12's sounded decent in about 2 cuft sealed shared chamber( stuffed with polyfil ) behind my s-10 seat. Of course that was a very low power system, so the woofers weren't really put under any stress. My Buddies 10's with about 1.25 cuft each did sound better though.

If I remeber correctly, the 10's were recomended for about 1-1.25 cuft sealed, 12's for a little over 1.5-2.0 sealed, and I can't remeber the 15's.

Ported, I have no clue, but imagine them requiring a decent amount of airspace.

If you could build it, isobaric seemed to be the way to go .

Old 10-15-2008   #14

DIYMA freshman

Motoman 22 has a bunch of them still and this is what he PM'd me

Independent sealed chamber for each driver as close to three cubic feet as possible is your best bet. One pound loosely stuffed polyfill per cubic feet is optional, I ended up doing it about half the time. The R&B/techno crowd preferred it to the rock crowd, kick drums are tighter without it but R&B benefits so it's up to you. Either do it or don't tho, it never works out well using poly on half of the subs.

THANKS TO EVERYONE I can finally start building my box in the morning and I am pumped. My wife and kids think I'm too old for this shit(lol)
Old 10-15-2008   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

I HATE IT!

Rep Power: 960 ChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond repute

I had a pair of 10" Savard Hi Qs that were given to me and I had them each in a 1.25 cubic foot sealed chamber off of a Punch 150. They sounded pretty good, but were eventually replaced by a generation 1 12" round Solobaric in a Stillwater Designs sealed enclosure.

IIRC, that 12 took everything my Punch 150 had (and it benched @ 470 RMS mono!) and could have used a little more. Regardless, unless my memory has faded, it sounded much better than the 12" L5 that I purchased this past summer in a pre-fab ported box. I am going to call the friend I sold it to and see if he will let me try it out to compare to my dd1010.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 70 low2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished roadlow2001gmc is on a distinguished road

i want to say the 15s required 2.5 to 2.8 each sealed. not sure on ported. if sealed, i would go with 2.8 and then play with polyfill. good subs, good luck, lucky you.
low2001gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008   #17

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 MazDAMN will become famous soon enoughMazDAMN will become famous soon enoughMazDAMN will become famous soon enoughMazDAMN will become famous soon enoughMazDAMN will become famous soon enoughMazDAMN will become famous soon enough

i got 1 rap 15 also, had 2-12s. I wanna get some hi-qs
MazDAMN is offline   Reply With Quote