LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010   #51

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 58 mosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enough

Default Re: First IPAD Integration in a car

here's something interesting Create Digital Music Apple iPad May Support USB Audio Interfaces Via Camera Accessory Kit
mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #52

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 63 aV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enoughaV8ter will become famous soon enough

I had the chance to use my father's iPad via aux input on one of my Alpines. It is a dream to use in a car because of it's interface and capability, but the price and lack of mounting solutions leave much to be desired.

Kevin
aV8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #53

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 58 mosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enoughmosca will become famous soon enough

It is also way too big, in part because of the inmense bezel. I think the price is fine, though I can't say I'd like it for $100
mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #54

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 68 jeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aV8ter View Post
Go grab a Alpine 9887 brand new/shipped for $234, then the AiNet Aux in adapter for another $16. That would be your best bet because you would not have to rely on having the Ipad in the car 100% of the time.
I actually did this - and guess what. iPad is not compatible with that Alpine - nothing happens? Dang apple!
jeff33702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #55

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 68 jeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enoughjeff33702 will become famous soon enough

I should say - the high-speed cable isn't compatible - doesn't charge either. I should just stick with the aux connector, like you said
jeff33702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #56

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 51 zblee will become famous soon enoughzblee will become famous soon enoughzblee will become famous soon enoughzblee will become famous soon enoughzblee will become famous soon enoughzblee will become famous soon enough

I think I would still rather have a carPC then a ipad...

--Zblee--2002 Silverado Reg Cab--CDA-9855
300/4v2 --> CS 265 Profi Kick/CAL26silk
500/1v2 --> 10w6v1 x2
zblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 176 t3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by zblee View Post
I think I would still rather have a carPC then a ipad...
Props to a well thought out decision.

And for those that don't mind limited hard drive space and don't want a CarPC setup headache, there's alway a Zune HD + Sync dock.

Once docked the Zune outputs Toslink S/PDIF digital audio and video can be had out the HDMI port. GUI is a simplified media center style layout that is remote controlled via a car headunit styled smartly thoughout IR remote.

All you need to integrate it into the car after that (beside the DAC of your choice) is a display with an HDMI to VGA or DVI converter box. Or if you have an OEM nav system with screen, then all you need is an OEM nav video input box and the composite out device for the Zune's HDMI out (quality should be degraded there though, so don't expect video quality to be good enough for anything other then menus).

Some concerns might be the battery being damaged through heat, but this should be less of a problem then an iPad since the Zune will be located somewhere where heat is not that intense. People leave iPods in their cars with no problems, they just don't lay it on the dash in the sun when they step out.

Oh, you also get HD Radio. Although that would require an antenna mod to attach to the vehicle's antenna.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by t3sn4f2; 06-01-2010 at 07:30 PM..
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 76 ARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enough

Link didnt work for me.

I love the iPad and have no idea what I am waiting on for purchasing one. I should just go do it. At any rate, I have the iPod Touch in my car, linked to the HU via the Apple iPod to rca cables. From the signal gets sent to the BitOne.1. Works like a dream....stays charged and includes the ability to watch videos.

Hmmmm....but the iPad screen is so much nicer than my HU!

ARCuhTEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #59

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 disturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enough

i like this guys install

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

disturbedklownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 76 ARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enoughARCuhTEK will become famous soon enough

OMG it is time to thin the herd....I watched this for 10 seconds and this guy says...this is great install because you dont have to take your eyes off the steering wheel.......ARE YOU EFFIN SERIOUS? How many of you keep your eyes on the steering wheel when you drive?

His driving privileges should be revoked for just posted this video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedklownz View Post
i like this guys install
Dear God,
I am coming home.
signed,
iPad Steering wheel dude.

Last edited by ARCuhTEK; 06-05-2010 at 07:39 AM..
Old 06-05-2010   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 116 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

Quote:
i like this guys install

+ YouTube Video
''and you still have one hand free, to shave, while surfing the net''....

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 116 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

i want to see the ''after the air-bag makes a man swallow an i-pad'' pics

Old 06-05-2010   #63

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 disturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enoughdisturbedklownz will become famous soon enough

hes gonna be a millionaire when he patents it and sells it to all the window lickers that will actually do it. Here is another one done in a Jeep jk that isnt to bad but its still pointless.i seen this one on the jeep forum.

+ YouTube Video

Old 06-05-2010   #64
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 176 t3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of lightt3sn4f2 is a glorious beacon of light

That is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen and it has a patent.
Old 06-05-2010   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitaF View Post
i want to see the ''after the air-bag makes a man swallow an i-pad'' pics
gooooooood point!

Old 06-05-2010   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
hes gonna be a millionaire when he patents it and sells it to all the window lickers that will actually do it. Here is another one done in a Jeep jk that isnt to bad but its still pointless.i seen this one on the jeep forum.

+ YouTube Video
How clueless about an install (and a device, and the software, and the log in) could one man possibly be?

Old 06-05-2010   #67

DIYMA freshman

"basically its the coolest thing ive seen in my life" lol hes a big hit on the jeep forum to.

Old 06-05-2010   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Quote:
hes gonna be a millionaire when he patents it
it is highly doubtful that he would be granted a patent[the concept is too retarded] and a single lawsuit can take it all away, real quick

Old 06-05-2010   #69

DIYMA freshman

i wasnt being serious bout the patent just like he was in the video,but im sure there would be alot of morons buying one.

Old 06-05-2010   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Quote:
i wasnt being serious bout the patent just like he was in the video,but im sure there would be alot of morons buying one.
true... all the ones , i see reading books or newspapers, while driving would buy this

Old 06-05-2010   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

I think we've been had.........

The patent link in his site leads to the patent for Duct tape.
Old 06-05-2010   #72

DIYMA freshman

lol i missed the duct tape part.maybe one day ill start reading the articles instead of just looking at the pictures/videos

Old 06-05-2010   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3sn4f2 View Post
I think we've been had.........

The patent link in his site leads to the patent for Duct tape.
Funny! So he duct taped it to the steering wheel and the whole thing is a mockery of those of us who didnt explore....lol.

Well okay...he got me, but his video will make it around the world, and no one will figure out the prank, yet they WILL see his face and say.....wow...that moron SUPPORTS this device??????? lol

Old 06-05-2010   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

we've been had, but... there are most certainly individuals out there that said ''wow, i gotta get me one of those''

Old 06-05-2010   #75

DIYMA freshman

i gotta admit,they are kinda cool but for me the only use i can think of having one for is them boring days at work and having something to read forums on.I bought a dvd player for my jeep and realize i wasted money,i always learn the hard way.