Alpine SWR-823D / 843D 8" Subwoofers - Page 21 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011   #501
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 278 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Alpine SWR-823D / 843D 8" Subwoofers

Crap... Seems like I need a registration number... Just e-mailed Gedlee...
Guess I won't be playing with it tonight

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011   #502
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 249 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

PM me your email, I have it all zipped up with the global driver database.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011   #503

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25977 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

I downloaded it a while back and never did anything with it. Heck, I don't even know why I downloaded it in the first place.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011   #504

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 Jonathan will become famous soon enoughJonathan will become famous soon enoughJonathan will become famous soon enoughJonathan will become famous soon enoughJonathan will become famous soon enoughJonathan will become famous soon enough

When will these woofers be available in Sweden?
Its getting cold here, soon I will need something to fend off the polar bears.

BR
Jonathan
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011   #505
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 157 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I will need something to fend off the polar bears.
I suggest a .338 lapua magnum! Excellent range and stopping power! Will drop a polar bear with no problem from most any range
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011   #506
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 96 Neil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the rough

I'm looking to pick up 4x 843D's and can't find an authorized dealer selling them for less than $160. Any suggestions?

2011 MINI Cooper S :: [build log]
HAT L6SE, L3SE, L1 Pro R2. 4x Alpine SWR-843D, JL XD700/5, XD500/3, Alpine H800, RUXC800, CDA-117
Neil_J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011   #507

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 Zbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_J View Post
I'm looking to pick up 4x 843D's and can't find an authorized dealer selling them for less than $160. Any suggestions?
BestBuys has them for $110 (special order)
Zbebop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011   #508
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 96 Neil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the roughNeil_J is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbebop View Post
BestBuys has them for $110 (special order)
Wasn't able to find it on their website... Called the local store and spoke to a sales rep - after a few minutes on hold, they flat out told me that it's impossible for them to order it. I called two other regional stores, and got the same answer. I'm kinda bummed.. Par for the course from Best Buy, I suppose.

I really wish Al and Ed's still had it on sale. Classic forum-boner cause-and-effect (forum members find good+cheap product. product demand goes up. product is no longer cheap). Now to make the hard decision - pay close to MSRP now, or wait a few months with no bass for the price to come down? Or will it ever come down? Maybe I can catch a Black Friday sale next month?

HAT L6SE, L3SE, L1 Pro R2. 4x Alpine SWR-843D, JL XD700/5, XD500/3, Alpine H800, RUXC800, CDA-117
Old 10-10-2011   #509

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 72 Lymen will become famous soon enoughLymen will become famous soon enoughLymen will become famous soon enoughLymen will become famous soon enoughLymen will become famous soon enoughLymen will become famous soon enough

Sonic electronix
Lymen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011   #510

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 77 Zbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enoughZbebop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Wasn't able to find it on their website... Called the local store and spoke to a sales rep - after a few minutes on hold, they flat out told me that it's impossible for them to order it. I called two other regional stores, and got the same answer. I'm kinda bummed.. Par for the course from Best Buy, I suppose.

I really wish Al and Ed's still had it on sale. Classic forum-boner cause-and-effect (forum members find good+cheap product. product demand goes up. product is no longer cheap). Now to make the hard decision - pay close to MSRP now, or wait a few months with no bass for the price to come down? Or will it ever come down? Maybe I can catch a Black Friday sale next month?
Check our Woofersetc
Old 10-10-2011   #511
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymen View Post
Sonic electronix
I'm looking to buy from an authorized dealer. I don't believe woofersetc is authorized either

Old 10-10-2011   #512
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm looking to buy from an authorized dealer. I don't believe woofersetc is authorized either
Has anyone actually purchased these subs from sonic electronix or woofersetc? If so, did everything go smoothly?

Old 10-10-2011   #513
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 158 trojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant future

I just checked AL & ED's and you can get them off their site for $99 shipped
trojan fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011   #514
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan fan View Post
I just checked AL & ED's and you can get them off their site for $99 shipped
OK so long and short of it.. I went to their site yesterday and saw the $159.99 price. Went back a few minutes ago and still $159.99, was about to accuse you of trolling I browse with Firefox/NoScript and decided for the hell of it to enable javascript, maybe they have some scripted trickery on their page. Enabled it and saw the price-match box asking for an e-mail address. Waited an hour and didn't get anything in my mailbox. Seriously thinking I got trolled at this point. Then check the spam folder, and see the price-match e-mail, they matched the SonicElectronix price of $99. Added four of them to the cart and clicked BUY NOW. I've got four 843D's headed towards my house now.

Trojan Fan, you just saved me $240.00. Thank you sir

Old 10-10-2011   #515

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
OK so long and short of it.. I went to their site yesterday and saw the $159.99 price. Went back a few minutes ago and still $159.99, was about to accuse you of trolling I browse with Firefox/NoScript and decided for the hell of it to enable javascript, maybe they have some scripted trickery on their page. Enabled it and saw the price-match box asking for an e-mail address. Waited an hour and didn't get anything in my mailbox. Seriously thinking I got trolled at this point. Then check the spam folder, and see the price-match e-mail, they matched the SonicElectronix price of $99. Added four of them to the cart and clicked BUY NOW. I've got four 843D's headed towards my house now.

Good to know!! Is Al&Ed a authorized Alpine dealer?
Old 10-10-2011   #516
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbebop View Post
Good to know!! Is Al&Ed a authorized Alpine dealer?
Yes, they're listed on Alpine's site

Alpine Electronics - Store Locator

Old 10-10-2011   #517
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 158 trojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant future

Quote:

PM sent
Old 10-11-2011   #518
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 134 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

I got mine from Sonic. Shipped fast and smooth..

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011   #519

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Problemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
Me too. Ordered a pair of them at two different times and both transactions went well. I might be getting two more and have no worries about going with them again.
Problemhouston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011   #520
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 126 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Just ordered one since I am intrigued by what a properly enclosed 8" subwoofer will sound like.
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011   #521
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Rep Power: 134 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
Just ordered one since I am intrigued by what a properly enclosed 8" subwoofer will sound like.
Sounds awesome. I would say the front mounted 8" Type-R is on part with the rear mounted IDQ12v2 with the same power.

Old 10-11-2011   #522
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 126 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Now I'm getting giddy, did I just type giddy, time for some sleep lol..
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011   #523
DIYMA 500 Club

Indecisive Tuner

Be sure to break it in for a good couple days before passing final judgement. Sounded good at first, but now sounds great!

Old 10-11-2011   #524

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 Problemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enoughProblemhouston will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Be sure to break it in for a good couple days before passing final judgement. Sounded good at first, but now sounds great!

Agree 100%

It is now playing a bit lower from what I can hear.
Problemhouston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011   #525
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Sonic = non-authorized....

Why not buy them through Al & ed's same price plus they are authorized...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement