**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 101 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2015   #2501
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 76 seafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enough

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah1810 View Post
Holy shit, and i thought that i was retarded (in an audio sense) when i joined this site...

Okay guys remember, you have to use audiophile grade loom or your high end equipment will sound like pyle because all your sound particles hop right out of your wire. Don't forget to cover your amp in loom aswell.
Also don't forget that if you want to enhance low frequencies, use dark colored tech flex, but if you want to extend high frequencies, then use white or other light colored tech flex.
seafish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015   #2502
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 214 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafish View Post
Also don't forget that if you want to enhance low frequencies, use dark colored tech flex, but if you want to extend high frequencies, then use white or other light colored tech flex.
i used white on all of my wires so i can have my subs play up to 500hz. i can also hear my tweeters playing 50k now

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015   #2503
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 214 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
That I think looks stolen (the focal). When someone uninstalls nice equipment I don't think it's normal for them to just cut all the wires off and leave them attached to the amp.
actually, this is very common for installers from what ive seen

Old 08-24-2015   #2504
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

the darkside is loud

12V Company:
Automotive Inspections Services
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 211 Darth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
your the last person i expected to post this lol
It was just too easy.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

"It's amazing how good things sound in print."-Anon
Darth SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015   #2505
DIYMA 500 Club

SQOLOGIST

Rep Power: 139 benny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nice

I have a lot of thoughts to add to that thread and just went back to update it, only to find it's been closed.

#sadface

ben zimmerman
co-founder : SQOLOGY
SQOLOGY Podcast

team hybrids : team brax-helix usa : team mobile audio plus : team strictly sound quality
benny z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2015   #2506
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny z View Post
I have a lot of thoughts to add to that thread and just went back to update it, only to find it's been closed.

#sadface
thoughts like "guys i was just kidding".. ?

Old 08-24-2015   #2507
DIYMA 500 Club

SQOLOGIST

Rep Power: 139 benny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nicebenny z is just really nice

Quote:
thoughts like "guys i was just kidding".. ?

Lol!

You're not gonna sleep til you know, huh?

ben zimmerman
co-founder : SQOLOGY
SQOLOGY Podcast

team hybrids : team brax-helix usa : team mobile audio plus : team strictly sound quality
benny z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2015   #2508
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

sorry if this post doesnt make sense after a while. its long, and im tired, and was full of fuckery

so, after 3 long years since i went to the local shop for the last time and them causing me to start this thread, i finally went back as i was in need of a mini ANL fuse. i should go in there more often so i have more content for this thread. its amazing how ignorant some of these older people can be. absolutely unreal. so i go in and its just the owner and some other old dude who i guess is a sales rep for a company sitting in some folding lawn chairs that you take to your kids soccer game. i tell the guy i need a 30 amp mini-anl fuse and possibly some 80 amp ones as well if he has them. he looks at me like i have 4 heads. he goes, " whats a mini anl fuse, and why would you ever use a fuse that high instead of a circuit breaker" (high as in that high of amperage). i tell him its for a distribution block.. "what the hell is a distribution block? why not just use a circuit breaker?".. "it takes a larger wire and splits it into multiple smaller wires and fuses in between to account for the smaller wire size, and i have an old school phoenix gold one that i installed and need some fuses for it"... he pretty much looks at me like im retarded and says "uhh, ok. show me what they look like".. yes, this guy literally has no idea what an anl, or mini anl fuse looks like. shop owner for probably over a decade, and claims to have been doing it for 30 years. i have to show him on my phone what it looks like. he goes to the back and grabs one and says i have a few of them but only 100 amp. i said "ok i can use those with the distro block" although its not the 30 amp one i needed right then and there for my amp (no i didnt blow it, i broke it on accident).. so i ask him how much they are, and he goes over to his computer, clicks around for a second.. 18 dollars PER mini anl fuse. yeah. this mother fucker wanted 18 dollars per fuse. what a sick joke. i kindly declined and he got kind of offended. he again started questioning why i would use fuses again. i told him because 1) thats what distribution blocks use, and 2) because at the end of the day theyre cheaper, more proper, and safer than a circuit breaker (yeah i fucking went there bitch, whats good lol). his jaw dropped. then asks "wait so is this wire small since your using fuses?" i tried not to face palm. btw, all of this is in a cocky tone of voice. i told him no, its 0 gauge wire (i didnt want to say quadruple zero gauge because it wasnt worth the time explaining to him that yes, there is such thing) that goes from the battery to the distribution block, and from the distribution block to the amps. he then says "well hopefully that 0 gauge has a circuit breaker on it". i said nope, just a fuse. his eyes open wide and says "are you serious? thats ridiculous" i told him, well either way its safer, looks more proper, and actually is more proper than a circuit breaker, and i got sucked into a little debate of how fuses are better than circuit breakers besides for convenience for a bit, then accidently mentioned that its quad zero gauge wire and he again looks at me like im retarded. thats exactly when i said, never mind, have a good weekend. fucking hell

Last edited by SkizeR; 08-28-2015 at 11:23 PM..
Old 08-28-2015   #2509

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 31 Alex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enough

Default **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

I'm feeling sorry for whoever goes to a local shop here and gets ripped blind. The shop owner had somebody walk in with an audison bit one or bit ten (can't remember) not knowing what it was and let the shop have it for $100. I've had experience with the shop before and he's absolutely useless at tuning a car and mustn't know what he's doing, I feel sorry for the poor sucker he resells the processor to and tunes their car. I asked for his opinion with my system and if he could do anything to make it better, I got the car back and found he screwed with the time alignment and wound up with the centre image in the right (driver side) sail panel. The most interesting part was that he told me that now the stage was more focused and added some depth to it, idiot must think I'm a retard.
Alex92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2510
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 35 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

I had a similar experience with getting a mini anl fuse, except my conversation ended right when he asked me what mini anl was.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using Tapatalk

85' JDM Prelude Si

Pioneer|Soundstream|Audible Physics
Kazuhiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2511

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 26 ruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enough

I had a friend tell me about his brothers setup. Pure spl car it seems. Bunches of speakers and tweeters in the doors. Yada Yada. The best part was when he explained the sub setup.
Two 15s and two 12s. He said it's funny because the 12s are louder than the 15s.. He also happens to have two amps for these subs. One 12 is ran off one amp and the other 12 and both 15s are ran off the second amp. To quote "the one 12 is louder probably because the other three are ran bridged off one amp. It has its own amp. It bangs"

I let him finish his story and he proceeded to tell me he wishes he could get rockford p1 15" subs again because they were so loud. I tried to explain to him that he can get much much louder if that's all he is worried about. Super nice guy, just a little ignorant of what is all out there. Hopefully I can help him out!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
ruizal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2512

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 31 Alex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enoughAlex92 will become famous soon enough

Hopefully you're able to give him a hand mate, one thing I hate is when people are that ignorant they won't accept some simple info about how their amp is set too high "the gain isn't even all the way up!" *facepalm*
On another note though surprisingly I've gained a little spl switching 2 12"s for a single and upgrading to a better amp with 200 watts more available than the old one
Alex92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2513
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 253 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy is the office manager at a used car lot out in the hood. He said the people out there put 15's in the smallest box they can. All they care about is making their trunk rattle.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream tn1.1200d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, Alumapro Alusonic 12 ported, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2514

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 erlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
sorry if this post doesnt make sense after a while. its long, and im tired, and was full of fuckery

so, after 3 long years since i went to the local shop for the last time and them causing me to start this thread, i finally went back as i was in need of a mini ANL fuse. i should go in there more often so i have more content for this thread. its amazing how ignorant some of these older people can be. absolutely unreal. so i go in and its just the owner and some other old dude who i guess is a sales rep for a company sitting in some folding lawn chairs that you take to your kids soccer game. i tell the guy i need a 30 amp mini-anl fuse and possibly some 80 amp ones as well if he has them. he looks at me like i have 4 heads. he goes, " whats a mini anl fuse, and why would you ever use a fuse that high instead of a circuit breaker" (high as in that high of amperage). i tell him its for a distribution block.. "what the hell is a distribution block? why not just use a circuit breaker?".. "it takes a larger wire and splits it into multiple smaller wires and fuses in between to account for the smaller wire size, and i have an old school phoenix gold one that i installed and need some fuses for it"... he pretty much looks at me like im retarded and says "uhh, ok. show me what they look like".. yes, this guy literally has no idea what an anl, or mini anl fuse looks like. shop owner for probably over a decade, and claims to have been doing it for 30 years. i have to show him on my phone what it looks like. he goes to the back and grabs one and says i have a few of them but only 100 amp. i said "ok i can use those with the distro block" although its not the 30 amp one i needed right then and there for my amp (no i didnt blow it, i broke it on accident).. so i ask him how much they are, and he goes over to his computer, clicks around for a second.. 18 dollars PER mini anl fuse. yeah. this mother fucker wanted 18 dollars per fuse. what a sick joke. i kindly declined and he got kind of offended. he again started questioning why i would use fuses again. i told him because 1) thats what distribution blocks use, and 2) because at the end of the day theyre cheaper, more proper, and safer than a circuit breaker (yeah i fucking went there bitch, whats good lol). his jaw dropped. then asks "wait so is this wire small since your using fuses?" i tried not to face palm. btw, all of this is in a cocky tone of voice. i told him no, its 0 gauge wire (i didnt want to say quadruple zero gauge because it wasnt worth the time explaining to him that yes, there is such thing) that goes from the battery to the distribution block, and from the distribution block to the amps. he then says "well hopefully that 0 gauge has a circuit breaker on it". i said nope, just a fuse. his eyes open wide and says "are you serious? thats ridiculous" i told him, well either way its safer, looks more proper, and actually is more proper than a circuit breaker, and i got sucked into a little debate of how fuses are better than circuit breakers besides for convenience for a bit, then accidently mentioned that its quad zero gauge wire and he again looks at me like im retarded. thats exactly when i said, never mind, have a good weekend. fucking hell

It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.

Are you an Englishman in New York?
erlebo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2515
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 107 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
why..

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
too funny, and flashback.

I did similar back in th early 90's, in the spare tire/wheel in my wife's jeep cherokee. Only I used an ADS woofer and routed aluminum discs for both the mounting and back plates. Worked pretty well, allowed the spare to be used if needed (never was), and totally stealth

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2516

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 germanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enough

Too much hilarity ITT. I've heard quite a few stupid things before but I was a noob once too and used to say dumb shit.
germanyt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2517
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlebo View Post
It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.

Are you an Englishman in New York?
not even sure what that means lol. im a new yorker in new york. "ayyy! fuhgedaboudit!". like that kind of new yorker lol

Old 08-29-2015   #2518
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 253 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not even sure what that means lol. im a new yorker in new york. "ayyy! fuhgedaboudit!". like that kind of new yorker lol
Here in the South we say "bless your heart" when calling you a dumbass.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream tn1.1200d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, Alumapro Alusonic 12 ported, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Old 08-29-2015   #2519

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 germanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enoughgermanyt will become famous soon enough

I used to believe that Audiobahn was a high end SQ driver. And I told lots of people to run them. lol
germanyt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2520
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanyt View Post
I used to believe that Audiobahn was a high end SQ driver. And I told lots of people to run them. lol
dick move lol

Old 08-29-2015   #2521
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 50 HardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
Here in the South we say "bless your heart" when calling you a dumbass.
I'm from "The Dirty" too, but I prefer to save my blessings for those that deserve them. I prefer "...dumb as a bag of Hammers" when referring to inferior lifeforms.
HardCoreDore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2522
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreDore View Post
I'm from "The Dirty" too, but I prefer to save my blessings for those that deserve them. I prefer "...dumb as a bag of Hammers" when referring to inferior lifeforms.
I use "worthless as tits on a boar hog" a lot.

Old 08-29-2015   #2523

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 69 erlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enougherlebo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile" is from a song called Englishman in New York.

It's what comes to mind when I encounter arrogant ignorance.
erlebo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015   #2524
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlebo View Post
"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile" is from a song called Englishman in New York.

It's what comes to mind when I encounter arrogant ignorance.
ahhhh

Old 08-29-2015   #2525
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 126 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Whats wrong with circuit breakers? I like circuit breakers.

LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement