**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 13 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012   #301
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 86 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
No one liked the "tweeter stage" thing I take it.
meh, I could take it or leave it.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012   #302
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 248 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

Why, you have a sub stage?
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012   #303
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 86 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
Why, you have a sub stage?

Old 09-16-2012   #304

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 72 MikeT1982 will become famous soon enoughMikeT1982 will become famous soon enoughMikeT1982 will become famous soon enoughMikeT1982 will become famous soon enoughMikeT1982 will become famous soon enoughMikeT1982 will become famous soon enough

Your Mantis amp has one channel and cost you $1000? My brother's Jensen has 2 channels and cost 200 bucks man!! (an actual conversation with a guy outside the stereo shop about my MMATS D300HC circa de 1999) :-)
MikeT1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012   #305
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 83 captainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMICTECH62 View Post
Both of these shops Build custom boxes and neither one has any type of box building software
Due to a PC that wants to shut down, WiniSD, Hornresp and a few others whenever I want to use them (still haven't worked out why its doing that), I don't really have any software either. I got some good results from my I6SW though! and my JL 8W3v3 really hits hard and low.

I just want to say I had a really good time reading this thread .. its been fun. The only comment I had was from my work colleague, who said (referring to my t-line);

"You do all that fancy s..t, and i''ll just Build sealed boxes."

I think that there's a bit more to horns, t-lines, iso, bandpass enclosures than being just "fancy s..t" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Anything that is said by this guy is pretty much the stupidest:

I thought Steve was highly regarded ... obviously not!

Also, as I live in the UK, i looked up 'Best Buy'. They stock some ... interesting brands.

Anyway its 00:27 AM here, and I'm signing off. Thanks for making me laugh.
captainscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012   #306

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Gpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enough

Steves a doofus, and his forum is pathetically hilarious
Gpgtp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012   #307
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpgtp View Post
Steves a doofus, and his forum is pathetically hilarious
his forum is FULLLLLL of D-riders.. literally almost everyone has the same gear he does. -_-

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012   #308
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL ok for all you braniacs lol

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 09-16-2012   #309
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

found one in another thread..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;
What are fake speakers? speakers with no voice coils? If so I'm sure the real ones with real voice coils are much louder.

What speakers are you comparing? Or do you mean low budget speakers vs big performance name brand ones?

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 09-17-2012   #310
DIYMA 500 Club

Hungry all the time

Rep Power: 136 fcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enough

Someone at a Car audio shop once told me: You can run your front stage with this amp, pointing at a monoblock. Yeah, I walked out.
fcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012   #311

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 84 radarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enough

My favorites are what you hear the "knowing" telling the "unknowing"...

"You definitely need time alignment, dude. Tweeter sound is wayyy faster than woofer sound."

ImgDyn DLS CDT
Alpine ARC JBL
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012   #312
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post
My favorites are what you hear the "knowing" telling the "unknowing"...

"You definitely need time alignment, dude. Tweeter sound is wayyy faster than woofer sound."
**hear the "known" being told by the "unknown"??? is that what you meant?
regardless thats hilarious

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 09-17-2012   #313

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 103 markland556 will become famous soon enoughmarkland556 will become famous soon enoughmarkland556 will become famous soon enoughmarkland556 will become famous soon enoughmarkland556 will become famous soon enoughmarkland556 will become famous soon enough

"My Car has more speakers than yours and you spent how much?"
Needless to say they figured out you need to pay to play...
markland556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012   #314

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 61 djbreal87 will become famous soon enoughdjbreal87 will become famous soon enoughdjbreal87 will become famous soon enoughdjbreal87 will become famous soon enoughdjbreal87 will become famous soon enoughdjbreal87 will become famous soon enough

Im just happy, as being brand new to Car audio, and having a very limited knowledge on it, I am still not as stupid as the comments that have been posted, and surprised myself to be able to understand why they are wrong lol Thank you Google
djbreal87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012   #315
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

got another one... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...wn-street.html

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 09-19-2012   #316
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 76 hilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enoughhilander999 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
got another one... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...wn-street.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBcivic View Post
SMD's forum is the best place to learn how to be the loudest public nuisance in your neighborhood.
Love that one.

hilander999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012   #317

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 84 radarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enoughradarcontact will become famous soon enough

Quote:
**hear the "known" being told by the "unknown"??? is that what you meant?
regardless thats hilarious
Lol, I'm not sure!

It's the guys who think they know a lot (but don't know Shiite from a Sunni) schooling the ones who know that they are clueless.

How's that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImgDyn DLS CDT
Alpine ARC JBL
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012   #318
DIYMA 500 Club

Kneel Before Zod!!!!!

Rep Power: 112 robert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilander999 View Post
Love that one.
Lol +1
robert_wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012   #319
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 152 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarpio View Post
Someone at a Car audio shop once told me: You can run your front stage with this amp, pointing at a monoblock. Yeah, I walked out.
Well, you can, but you'll need at least two of them
HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012   #320
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 245 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post
Lol, I'm not sure!

It's the guys who think they know a lot (but don't know Shiite from a Sunni) schooling the ones who know that they are clueless.

How's that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can usually have the "knowing" so confused they can't see straight pretty quick after using sq lingo on them. Then I pour salt in the wound I just created by letting them demo my system. After that I usually get hounded about what they should use. 10 out of 10 times they have a fine wine taste on a cheap beer budget so no way they'll be able to afford what they're wanting to do. This is the same guy I talked about shreading 3 subs in a ported box and then blaming the amp

2014 Grand Cherokee Limited-bone stock "premium" 10 speaker system for now. In the works-JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Tang Band car tweeter
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012   #321
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 68 amalmer71 will become famous soon enoughamalmer71 will become famous soon enoughamalmer71 will become famous soon enoughamalmer71 will become famous soon enoughamalmer71 will become famous soon enoughamalmer71 will become famous soon enough

Is this thread seriously entertaining? Some of you have nothing better to do that to ridicule those who don't have as much "knowledge" as you? How about this? Stfu and listen to the person who is asking the questions (even if they aren't delivered as questions) and help them understand your experience, values and opinions, and even theories about what they need to learn.

If they think you're full of shit, or that you're the idiot, then move on. Don't dwell on their ignorance or speak badly of them behind their backs. That's cowardice at its finest. I read a few posts of people praising others (professionals) for their openness to help others, show their systems, etc. Here's an idea. Practice what you preach. If you admire someone for their willingness to help, do the same. The worst that can happen is your audience will "boo" you. If so, find a new audience (or double check what you preach. )

I'll tell everyone here exactly what I have, and where I work. First off, I work at Best Buy as a Geeksquad Autotech trainee. Just started there a few weeks ago. So far, I love it. I love interacting with people. I love installing electronics into cars. I love helping people. I love working with my hands. It doesn't pay much, but that's OK. I've had jobs from being a pump jockey making $4/hr to working in rail yards making $45-50K /yr. One thing I've learned, it doesn't matter how much you get paid, if you hate your job and hate getting up every morning to go to work, the money really doesn't matter.

Right now, I have a '99 Olds Intrigue with the factory Bose system, a Sony head unit, a Powerbass ASA800.2 and two MTX 10" Thunder 8000 subs in a box tuned for 40Hz. I don't have aftermarket speakers. I don't have an aftermarket amp other than the Powerbass. I don't have a DSP, external "active" crossovers, a $400 component speakers, etc. I have what I want, I have it set up how I want it, and I have what I can afford. As mentioned, it's my car, my system and my money. I like it and that's all that matters.

Thanks for starting this thread, though. It definitely helps me understand how I'll be judged and what responses to expect based on what questions I ask.

BTW, This isn't addressed to everyone who posted here. Only a select few. Those of you who become offended by what I wrote should be able to figure it out.
amalmer71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012   #322
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalmer71 View Post
Is this thread seriously entertaining? Some of you have nothing better to do that to ridicule those who don't have as much "knowledge" as you? How about this? Stfu and listen to the person who is asking the questions (even if they aren't delivered as questions) and help them understand your experience, values and opinions, and even theories about what they need to learn.

If they think you're full of shit, or that you're the idiot, then move on. Don't dwell on their ignorance or speak badly of them behind their backs. That's cowardice at its finest. I read a few posts of people praising others (professionals) for their openness to help others, show their systems, etc. Here's an idea. Practice what you preach. If you admire someone for their willingness to help, do the same. The worst that can happen is your audience will "boo" you. If so, find a new audience (or double check what you preach. )

I'll tell everyone here exactly what I have, and where I work. First off, I work at Best Buy as a Geeksquad Autotech trainee. Just started there a few weeks ago. So far, I love it. I love interacting with people. I love installing electronics into cars. I love helping people. I love working with my hands. It doesn't pay much, but that's OK. I've had jobs from being a pump jockey making $4/hr to working in rail yards making $45-50K /yr. One thing I've learned, it doesn't matter how much you get paid, if you hate your job and hate getting up every morning to go to work, the money really doesn't matter.

Right now, I have a '99 Olds Intrigue with the factory Bose system, a Sony head unit, a Powerbass ASA800.2 and two MTX 10" Thunder 8000 subs in a box tuned for 40Hz. I don't have aftermarket speakers. I don't have an aftermarket amp other than the Powerbass. I don't have a DSP, external "active" crossovers, a $400 component speakers, etc. I have what I want, I have it set up how I want it, and I have what I can afford. As mentioned, it's my car, my system and my money. I like it and that's all that matters.

Thanks for starting this thread, though. It definitely helps me understand how I'll be judged and what responses to expect based on what questions I ask.

BTW, This isn't addressed to everyone who posted here. Only a select few. Those of you who become offended by what I wrote should be able to figure it out.
really? like really? This thread is just for a good laugh at the expense of other peoples ignorance that we all expierence on a daily basis , not intellegence.. well lack of intellegence. We can all relate to it so why not have a good laugh for a minute and move on. No one is judging you. Were talking about when people who dont know jack shit try to act like they do, not when people who dont know and admititly dont know. If you dont like it, move on to the next thread.

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 09-23-2012   #323
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Threads can be informative, entertaining, mean spirited and anything in between. If you don't like it, don't comment. But don't for a second think you can get up on your soap box and talk down to us like we're children.
Old 09-23-2012   #324
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 103 Danometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
Threads can be informative, entertaining, mean spirited and anything in between. If you don't like it, don't comment. But don't for a second think you can get up on your soap box and talk down to us like we're children.
...40 hz?
Danometal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012   #325

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 66 haromaster87 will become famous soon enoughharomaster87 will become famous soon enoughharomaster87 will become famous soon enoughharomaster87 will become famous soon enoughharomaster87 will become famous soon enoughharomaster87 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalmer71 View Post

Seriously man, I think I can see your point, but you're looking at it from the wrong direction. The people here are super helpful and understanding. If you go into General audio Discussion right now, you'll see at least 2 or 3 threads started by beginner level guys who are just trying to add a couple subs in with their factory system and what not.

You'll notice that despite these guys not using the $400 components, using basic subwoofers, etc, the people here still help them out and try and assist them with their set up and what gear they have. If the people are on a budget, the members here are always willing to help them find the best possible equipment to use with their equipment. They don't belittle them, they don't make them feel bad, nothing like that. If they try repeatedly to help someone learn and improve their set up, and the person is obviously not listening, then you might notice people kind of give up.

When I started here, I had no idea what I was doing. I had a great basis of knowledge of stereos and electronics, but I didn't know anything about putting in a Car stereo. However, the people here listened to all of the weird set ups I planned. They never put me down, they never made me feel dumb, they informed me on what I could possibly do to create a better set up.

In the end it payed off quite well. I have gained a great deal of knowledge and have been able to reach and exceed my expectations thus far. At no point did I feel ridiculed or made fun of. The thing about me is I was willing to listen to what people told me, and I wanted to learn and improve my potential set up.

This thread is simply just kicking back and sharing some stories of people who are just ignorant and don't care to learn, but want to carry an attitude as if they know more then anyone. It has nothing to do with the peoples knowledge or lack their of. This site is to help people gain knowledge. It's about people attitudes. Just peoples poor attitudes.

Notice, no one in here is ridiculing someone for using entry level Rockford Fosgate component speakers instead of $400 boutique components. However, there is a post mentioning someone who filled their trunk lid with BB's to create more trunk rattle for MOAR BASS. Do you see the difference here?
haromaster87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement