**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 14 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012   #326
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 84 SaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

MOAR BASS!!1
SaturnSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012   #327
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 87 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Good point. I'm in the midst of helping someone who's eqip list includes pyramid 4way 6x9's and some other low level stuff. But I didn't mock him for it. He's on a budget and just starting out. So yeah, The point of this thread was just to cut loose and hear some crazy shit. All in good fun.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012   #328

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 78 seismicboom will become famous soon enoughseismicboom will become famous soon enoughseismicboom will become famous soon enoughseismicboom will become famous soon enoughseismicboom will become famous soon enoughseismicboom will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
Good point. I'm in the midst of helping someone who's eqip list includes pyramid 4way 6x9's and some other low level stuff. But I didn't mock him for it. He's on a budget and just starting out. So yeah, The point of this thread was just to cut loose and hear some crazy shit. All in good fun.

Nothing . they usually go elsewhere then come back to me complaining after the fact.
Heres one.
my buddy: Whers my wires and ipod connection for my brand new deck ?

(I had looked at the headunit and started to install it but it had gotten late and i told him to come back ill beable to finish at an earlier time)
Me : Ihave no idea all i have of yours is this 1 extension cable .
My buddy :No thers a ipod connection cable missing . I took it to a shop and had them install the deck and they did not connect my ipod cable like i asked .
Me :Well come over and take a look all i have is an extension cable .

(so he comes by and says see no ipod cable cable so you must have it .I grab the box the headunit came in which only had 1 extension cable and some styrofoam and say )
Me:See all i have ,Maybe its behind your headunit ? lets look.
My buddy:OK
(So i remove his brand new headunit which is mounted with 2 of 4 screws 1st sighn there of poor install .After getting a look at the harness i say )
Me: Well your ipod connection cable sure isn't here.
My buddy:OK then where is it?
Me: Most likely with the other half of the missing harness .
(The shop had taken the ipod connection cable along with the other half of the subwoofer connections and a few other wires )
My buddy:So the shop has my wires and ipod connection cable ?
Me: Yes you wires you had no idea were missing and now have a chopped and screwed harness . see here theres where the other half of your wires go and the ipod connection cable then connects to that.
My buddy: (totally lost dazed and confused expression )Devin i paid $100 dollars to have this deck installed .
Me: Well you have just been had because they not only took all your connections . they connectcted you speakers to the wrong locations and charged you 100 bucks .
My buddy well lets go down there together .
Me: Ok lets go .
(so we get there and my buddys trying to tell them they did not connect his ipod . The guys says yes we installed everything . so after 15 minutes of arguement we pop out the headunit to reveal the missing connections showing the box and all connections that come along with it )
The shop managers :Well our guys going to check if we have it left behind . if not well orede you another .
(so they go look dont find the cables and order a new harness .1-2 weeks laters here's my buddy again with the new harness coming back and asking me to install the headunit which i have to undo everything the has done except for the newly cut factory harness for the Power and ground wires, which is permanent damage.)
Me k but its still going to be 20 bucks .And look here i did not cut theses wires i dont cut factory things so you can install the factory headunit if wanted or needed and to avoid potential wireing issues .
My buddy :Yeah ok just do it i know you going to do it right i just got impatient and thought the shop would have hooked me up .
Me: But insted you got screwed overcharged and you equipment stolen on top of having to wait.

THE END
headunit was successfully installed and all speakers working .
Devin.

car stereo,customization for hobby youtube bassknots
checkout my channel,videos subscribe fellfree to ask any questions make request and comment
seismicboom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012   #329

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 112 04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough

had a co worker when i was in teh Marines who took a cheap pre fab sealed box and simply cut a hole in it to "port" it. told me ported boxes are better. i just nodded and smiled and walked away
04silverz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012   #330

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 91 The real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enoughThe real Subzero will become famous soon enough

geographic location doesnt have an impact on your score...

2016 Chevy Cruze
Pioneer 2800, JBL MS8, FOCAL-100KRS set active- SI TM-65 Midbass - sub- Focal 27KX sub, ARC XDI805 channel (1) Alpine-MRD-M1000 with dash mount controller RUX 4280
The real Subzero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012   #331

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Gpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enoughGpgtp will become famous soon enough

"im louder than you and i only paid 150 total!
Gpgtp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012   #332
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 214 MarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalmer71 View Post
Is this thread seriously entertaining? Some of you have nothing better to do that to ridicule those who don't have as much "knowledge" as you? How about this? Stfu and listen to the person who is asking the questions (even if they aren't delivered as questions) and help them understand your experience, values and opinions, and even theories about what they need to learn.
Way to totally miss the point.

Most of the commentary here is making fun of people who try to pass themselves off as experts, and FAIL in the process. It's not about people who ask dumb questions due to inexperience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery
What I wanted to say is that amps ... sound the same.
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012   #333
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 157 mitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enoughmitchyz250f will become famous soon enough

I had a set of Boston Pro's 6.5s. Mostly they sounded very good, but on some songs the tweeters would rip yours ears off. My radio had a eq but I didn't know how to get to it.

So I went down to my local Car audio installation store. Told him about my tweeter problem. He sat in my Car listening to my system and adjusting my radio. After 10 minutes he turned off my car and told me he knew what the problem was. We walked over to some subwoofer made with a excellent basket with chrome flames. He said my problem was the my sub, it was old and all worn out and stuff. What I needed was one of these subs AND they are on sale.

I told him again it was my tweeters I was having problems with. He said he could sell me components. He showed me the components and pointed out the size of the heat sink. 'Most crossovers don't even have heat sinks' he said.
mitchyz250f is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012   #334
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 84 captainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enoughcaptainscarlett will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
his forum is FULLLLLL of D-riders.. literally almost everyone has the same gear he does. -_-
D-riders?? not sure what that means

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04silverz View Post
had a co worker when i was in teh Marines who took a cheap pre fab sealed box and simply cut a hole in it to "port" it. told me ported boxes are better. i just nodded and smiled and walked away
Been there, seen it, had that advice ... albeit for home audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalmer71 View Post
Is this thread seriously entertaining? Some of you have nothing better to do that to ridicule those who don't have as much "knowledge" as you? How about this? Stfu and listen to the person who is asking the questions (even if they aren't delivered as questions) and help them understand your experience, values and opinions, and even theories about what they need to learn.

If they think you're full of shit, or that you're the idiot, then move on. Don't dwell on their ignorance or speak badly of them behind their backs. That's cowardice at its finest. I read a few posts of people praising others (professionals) for their openness to help others, show their systems, etc. Here's an idea. Practice what you preach. If you admire someone for their willingness to help, do the same. The worst that can happen is your audience will "boo" you. If so, find a new audience (or double check what you preach. )

I'll tell everyone here exactly what I have, and where I work. First off, I work at Best Buy as a Geeksquad Autotech trainee. Just started there a few weeks ago. So far, I love it. I love interacting with people. I love installing electronics into cars. I love helping people. I love working with my hands. It doesn't pay much, but that's OK. I've had jobs from being a pump jockey making $4/hr to working in rail yards making $45-50K /yr. One thing I've learned, it doesn't matter how much you get paid, if you hate your job and hate getting up every morning to go to work, the money really doesn't matter.

Right now, I have a '99 Olds Intrigue with the factory Bose system, a Sony head unit, a Powerbass ASA800.2 and two MTX 10" Thunder 8000 subs in a box tuned for 40Hz. I don't have aftermarket speakers. I don't have an aftermarket amp other than the Powerbass. I don't have a DSP, external "active" crossovers, a $400 component speakers, etc. I have what I want, I have it set up how I want it, and I have what I can afford. As mentioned, it's my car, my system and my money. I like it and that's all that matters.

Thanks for starting this thread, though. It definitely helps me understand how I'll be judged and what responses to expect based on what questions I ask.

BTW, This isn't addressed to everyone who posted here. Only a select few. Those of you who become offended by what I wrote should be able to figure it out.
Wrong advice is passed on until someone starts to believe its true, even more so thanks to the net. Simply cutting a whole in a sub and calling it a port might be an acceptable and impressive thing to say to my Nan, who has no idea of these things, but your average audio (not only Car audio) enthusiast knows that that's complete and utter garbage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04silverz View Post

There seem to be a lot of open debates on various matters such as bracing for enclosures, different types of sound deadening, .... and if i could be so bold, SPL seems to cast an interesting if not misunderstood spin on Car audio.

However, when someone who you deem to be knowledgeable because they're in the industry says ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBcivic View Post
A B-Buy sales clerk once told me "Audison?...you should not waste your money on flee-market brands and get you some Kicker amps"
... then please don't ask me to take your advice with any degree of seriousness. Sure, its possible this person could have been thinking of another brand ... Audiobahn in stead of Audison, but if you don't know something, have the good sense to admit it, or to say,

"I'm not familiar with that brand"

or even,

"I could find out!"
captainscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012   #335

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Molex Inc
Position:
Design Engineer

Rep Power: 69 fisc2307 will become famous soon enoughfisc2307 will become famous soon enoughfisc2307 will become famous soon enoughfisc2307 will become famous soon enoughfisc2307 will become famous soon enoughfisc2307 will become famous soon enough

Anything that pioneer makes is crap
fisc2307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012   #336

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 shp24 will become famous soon enoughshp24 will become famous soon enoughshp24 will become famous soon enoughshp24 will become famous soon enoughshp24 will become famous soon enoughshp24 will become famous soon enough

"That's exactly what I have in my car".

-- Salesperson to customer, referring to whatever HU/speaker/amp/wire/doo-dad the customer happens to be looking at.

Unfortunately, those sales types were out there 30 years ago, and are still around today.
shp24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012   #337
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainscarlett View Post
D-riders?? not sure what that means
Dick rider.. Urban Dictionary: D-rider

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012   #338
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 thomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enough

Help with 3 way passive crossover for my speakers.

post number 2...........

"What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be."
thomasluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012   #339
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 153 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

I don't know if this is relevant to the thread or not, but before I could drive and knew about a lot of different brands of gear, I thought "kicker" was a just a colloquial term for a subwoofer in somebody's trunk. Stillwater Designs capitalized on that, in a way... or did the brand itself create the slang?

"Ah'm gonna git me a kickur box in mah trunk! KICKUR! KICKURRR! URRR-URRR-URRR!"

HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012   #340
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasluke View Post
shit.. just, shit man.

Old 09-25-2012   #341
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 915 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

What's fucking sad is when a forum turns on itself

Every day now.

Challenge post #2.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012   #342

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 70 Noobdelux is on a distinguished roadNoobdelux is on a distinguished roadNoobdelux is on a distinguished roadNoobdelux is on a distinguished roadNoobdelux is on a distinguished road

SkizeR, cant see your point in posting stuff from threads here.
cause they ask here cause they dont know, i bet if you searched your own history here you will find some odd posts as well..
this thread as others have said is to laugh at stories as seismicboom, mitchyz250f and other have written abaout. yes?

sincerly
Da Noob.
Noobdelux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012   #343
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 214 MarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really nice

I actually don't see what's so funny about that post anyway. The guy suggested a center "small sub" and a large sub in the back, using Logic7 as the processor. I know of half a dozen people in this forum who adopt a similar approach in their own cars.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012   #344
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobdelux View Post
SkizeR, cant see your point in posting stuff from threads here.
cause they ask here cause they dont know, i bet if you searched your own history here you will find some odd posts as well..
this thread as others have said is to laugh at stories as seismicboom, mitchyz250f and other have written abaout. yes?

sincerly
Da Noob.
its not the "asking for help" that were talking about.. if you read the other posts you would see that.

Old 09-26-2012   #345
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
I actually don't see what's so funny about that post anyway. The guy suggested a center "small sub" and a large sub in the back, using Logic7 as the processor. I know of half a dozen people in this forum who adopt a similar approach in their own cars.

"Seriously man, I think I can see your point, but you're looking at it from the wrong direction. The people here are super helpful and understanding. If you go into General audio Discussion right now, you'll see at least 2 or 3 threads started by beginner level guys who are just trying to add a couple subs in with their factory system and what not.

You'll notice that despite these guys not using the $400 components, using basic subwoofers, etc, the people here still help them out and try and assist them with their set up and what gear they have. If the people are on a budget, the members here are always willing to help them find the best possible equipment to use with their equipment. They don't belittle them, they don't make them feel bad, nothing like that. If they try repeatedly to help someone learn and improve their set up, and the person is obviously not listening, then you might notice people kind of give up.

When I started here, I had no idea what I was doing. I had a great basis of knowledge of stereos and electronics, but I didn't know anything about putting in a Car stereo. However, the people here listened to all of the weird set ups I planned. They never put me down, they never made me feel dumb, they informed me on what I could possibly do to create a better set up.

In the end it payed off quite well. I have gained a great deal of knowledge and have been able to reach and exceed my expectations thus far. At no point did I feel ridiculed or made fun of. The thing about me is I was willing to listen to what people told me, and I wanted to learn and improve my potential set up.

This thread is simply just kicking back and sharing some stories of people who are just ignorant and don't care to learn, but want to carry an attitude as if they know more then anyone. It has nothing to do with the peoples knowledge or lack their of. This site is to help people gain knowledge. It's about people attitudes. Just peoples poor attitudes.

Notice, no one in here is ridiculing someone for using entry level Rockford Fosgate component speakers instead of $400 boutique components. However, there is a post mentioning someone who filled their trunk lid with BB's to create more trunk rattle for MOAR BASS. Do you see the difference here?
"

words of Haromaster87

Old 09-26-2012   #346
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Oh, I was looking at the post you were replying to.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012   #347
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 thomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enoughthomasluke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post

Yes, but how many doing that with an ms-8?
And not only was the guy not trying to help op but he was just repeating things that he has read on here or on some other forum.
Thats the first time that i have ever been rude to someone on here and the next time they will just be ignored.
I also agree with chad in the fact that it is sad when we as a community who come together here in an attempt to further our knowledge in a hobby that we all love start talking shit about one another.
I apologize for taking part in it myself.

"What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be."
thomasluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012   #348
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

no more shit talk.. just funny stories from now on.

Old 09-26-2012   #349

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Big Box
Position:
Lead tech

Rep Power: 72 gtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enough

Dude brings back an alpine mono block cause it made his two RF 12's sound like crap. Says when one is hooked up, sounds great, but when both are hooked up, sounds bad.

I say it's out of phase. He says no no it's hooked up right.

He wants to get a 5 ch amp JUST for the subs that's 2x the price cause it has more connectors to hook up each of his subs. And hes ignoring the fact he's gonna have leftover channels after i explained the fundementals of a 5 ch for half an hour.

He even declined install with new parts with the original amp and it was still less than only the new amp he was picking out.

2003 Mazda 6 | Sony | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz |
gtsdohcvvtli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012   #350
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 915 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsdohcvvtli View Post

I say it's out of phase.

Polarity.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement