**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 15 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012   #351

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 127 morgan18 will become famous soon enoughmorgan18 will become famous soon enoughmorgan18 will become famous soon enoughmorgan18 will become famous soon enoughmorgan18 will become famous soon enoughmorgan18 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Me: hi do you have a pioneer 80prs for sale or on display
Sales associate: is that a Walmart model? We only carry hi end stuff
Me: I would say its pretty high end
Sales associate: we'll with pioneer the higher the number the better
The 9400 is the best they make and we have it in stock.
morgan18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012   #352
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan18 View Post
Me: hi do you have a pioneer 80prs for sale or on display
Sales associate: is that a Walmart model? We only carry hi end stuff
Me: I would say its pretty high end
Sales associate: we'll with pioneer the higher the number the better
The 9400 is the best they make and we have it in stock.
you would think shops would know even a little about the brands they carry.. especially the most common ones

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #353
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 126 spl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
you would think shops would know even a little about the brands they carry.. especially the most common ones
80 isn't common and not all shops are allowed to carry it. No one sells it in Columbia so why would anyone here need to know about it? I don't think what he said was stupid at all, cause he's right for what he carried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
spl152db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012   #354

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 58 K-Mike will become famous soon enoughK-Mike will become famous soon enoughK-Mike will become famous soon enoughK-Mike will become famous soon enoughK-Mike will become famous soon enoughK-Mike will become famous soon enough

Walked into my local audio shop to see if they could help me with some issues with my ms-8. Owner wasn't there and the assistant didn't know what an ms-8 is so I explained it to him. When I finished he looked confused and said "I don't understand man, what do you want louder?".
When the shop owner got in he didn't know much about it but said he knew all about dsp's and that the ms-8 was probably a cheap knock off of the pioneer headunits auto eq, and all I needed was the mic for my pioneer headunit. Gotta love it
K-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #355
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Rep Power: 143 goodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enough

Had a girl tell me my idq was going to blow because it was in a sealed box and the trunk lid was open.

Your boom box better form a union,
cause I leave your circuits overworked.
goodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #356

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 ern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enough

Square woofers cause square waves. Yep....that's the one.

Told them to drop a square woofer in a pond....and look at the square waves come off of it
ern2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #357
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 914 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodstuff View Post
Had a girl tell me my idq was going to blow because it was in sealed box and the trunk lid was open.
Yo Dawg we heard you like sealed boxes, so we put a sealed box in yo sealed box and.... wait.. nevermind.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #358
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Rep Power: 143 goodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Yo Dawg we heard you like sealed boxes, so we put a sealed box in yo sealed box and.... wait.. nevermind.
Yo Dawg I almost forgot about Yo Dawg, so you put some ...yeah nevermind, lol.

Your boom box better form a union,
cause I leave your circuits overworked.
goodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #359
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 82 SaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enough

I also had someone tell me that playing the subs loudly with the trunk open will blow them.

Something about them not being able to "pressurize" with it open...
SaturnSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #360
req
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 162 req is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of lightreq is a glorious beacon of light

Wow this got long, fast haha. Im too lazy to readit all...

req is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #361
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 135 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post
80 isn't common and not all shops are allowed to carry it. No one sells it in Columbia so why would anyone here need to know about it? I don't think what he said was stupid at all, cause he's right for what he carried.

One would think that if they cared about the product lines they carried they would know... It would tell me that that dealer couldn't be bothered with keeping up on product.

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #362
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Rep Power: 107 bigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanatic Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAbington View Post
Another common thing in Omaha too is the multiple 15's with 3000 watts rattling trunks like crazy and blown stock speakers struggling to keep up. I love that.
That is my friend down to a T

Upgrade your account if you want to promote your website
bigaudiofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #363
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 130 Brian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enough

"Highs plus Lows equals Mids!"

(Explanation given to me by a guy at a Car audio show whose Car audio system consisted of a deck, a powered Bazooka subwoofer mounted in the front passenger's wheel well, and about eight supertweeters mounted around the sun visors. Oh, this was when he bought it around to have its frequency response measured...)

Brian Steele
www.diysubwoofers.org
Brian Steele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #364
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 914 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSL1 View Post
I also had someone tell me that playing the subs loudly with the trunk open will blow them.

Something about them not being able to "pressurize" with it open...
Not TECHNICALLY wrong. But realistically, yeah.

Lets say that with the windows rolled up everything closed up. And you were RIGHT AT the ragged edge of Xmech. Then you open the chamber that it was pressurizing, and causing resistance of movement. You could go over the point of Xmech.
Old 09-27-2012   #365
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 82 SaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Lets say that with the windows rolled up everything closed up. And you were RIGHT AT the ragged edge of Xmech. Then you open the chamber that it was pressurizing, and causing resistance of movement. You could go over the point of Xmech.
No shit? Good to know, thanks
SaturnSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012   #366
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSL1 View Post
No shit? Good to know, thanks
If you read into that enough, you would be hard pressed and insane to try to do this in a scenario geared for failure
Old 09-27-2012   #367
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by req View Post
Wow this got long, fast haha. Im too lazy to readit all...
do it.. its well worth the lawlz

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 10-08-2012   #368

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 ern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enoughern2112 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens500 View Post
Had a guy who works at DD tell me the DD amp I was installing for a friend of his wouldn't come out of protect mode because I didn't have any speakers hooked up.
I think I remember this! lol
ern2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012   #369
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 86 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Assuming we're talking about a sealed enclosure. Wouldn't the air space inside the enclosure be far less than the interior of a car. Therefore the air inside the box would be far more restrictive than the interior of the car. So when the cone moves in it experiences the same force as it does when it moves out due to compression and decompression of the air spring in the box. Imo, This is total myth and there is no way for the subs to blow by opening the Car up. Unless you have a really really small car, on the order of 2 cubic feet. In which case it would be really really hard to drive and you would prob go ib anyway.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012   #370
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 135 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

I could see what chad is saying..... But you would need to be so close to the edge already- kinda like the breath mint causing the guy to explode.

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012   #371
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo5upra View Post
I could see what chad is saying..... But you would need to be so close to the edge already- kinda like the breath mint causing the guy to explode.
ummmmm care to elaborate? lol

1990 300zx Build Log
Old 10-08-2012   #372
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 86 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo5upra View Post
Don't get me wrong, I can see the rationale behind it. Basically it's saying that depressurizing the outward excursion side will cause the cone to kind of slingshot out of xmech causing damage. There is no way. Because the pressure in the interior of the Car is nothing compared to the pressure in the box. And the pressure in the box is both positive and negative equally in both directions. So unless you open the Car door in outer space it's just not gonna happen.
Old 10-08-2012   #373

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 111 04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough04silverz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post

havent been in a brick and mortar in a long time other than to pick up some odds and ends for installs. seem to recall though that they always had catalogs of whatever brand they carried and that it detailed all the products offered from said company. is this not done anymore? seems it wouldnt be too much to expect from a salesman to filp through this from time to time on slow days...
04silverz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012   #374

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 107 Iron Maiden will become famous soon enoughIron Maiden will become famous soon enoughIron Maiden will become famous soon enoughIron Maiden will become famous soon enoughIron Maiden will become famous soon enoughIron Maiden will become famous soon enough

Running two batteries paralell will ruin the alternator.

It is foolish to run an active setup, you will fry your speakers everytime.

My favorite moron statement. I dont need an amp for mids and highs, just my sub.
Mids and highs are running off radio Power 45x4.

/////Alpine dva105/pxa h701/Audison LRx 2.9, 2.4, 1.1/Focal 165k2p ugraded x2/ JL Audio 10w6 x2/ Stinger 1500 x2/ Stinger 220amp alt. /Dynamat Xtreme
Iron Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012   #375
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
ummmmm care to elaborate? lol
Monty Python reference, I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement