**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 16 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012   #376
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
Monty Python reference, I believe.
was never able to watch more than a few minutes of that movie.. that might explain why haha

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012   #377

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 Vanlan will become famous soon enoughVanlan will become famous soon enoughVanlan will become famous soon enoughVanlan will become famous soon enoughVanlan will become famous soon enoughVanlan will become famous soon enough

easily the time i got in my friends Car with 3 aq 15's and heard it. the stock speakers were blown to shit, and maybe one or two even played.
But "it's ok because it still bangs..."

Then he proceeded to play test tones.....

Alpine 9815 - Massive RK6 Comps - Eclipse PA5422
AA Avalanche 12" - JBL BP1200.1
Vanlan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012   #378
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Rep Power: 108 bigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanatic Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisc2307 View Post
Anything that pioneer makes is crap
I agree with this

Kidding I just do not care for any of their stuff really.

Upgrade your account if you want to promote your website
bigaudiofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012   #379
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 203 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic View Post
I agree with this

Kidding I just do not care for any of their stuff really.
same.. besides that beautiful p99 of theirs

Old 10-08-2012   #380
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 87 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
was never able to watch more than a few minutes of that movie.. that might explain why haha
It's def not everyones type of humor. I can recite "Holy Grail" word for word.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012   #381
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

Rep Power: 108 bigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enoughbigaudiofanatic will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanatic Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
same.. besides that beautiful p99 of theirs
True I have been curious about that one.

Old 10-09-2012   #382
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 915 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
Don't get me wrong, I can see the rationale behind it. Basically it's saying that depressurizing the outward excursion side will cause the cone to kind of slingshot out of xmech causing damage. There is no way. Because the pressure in the interior of the Car is nothing compared to the pressure in the box. And the pressure in the box is both positive and negative equally in both directions. So unless you open the Car door in outer space it's just not gonna happen.
Don't think inward/outward.

Actually loading can make a BIG difference in excursion, you would be surprised. It's rather notable in arrays.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012   #383
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
Dynamic Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner/Installer

The best one I have heard is from one of my customers. I was checking the Speaker Wire I had ran to make sure I was hooking up correct polarity. After he asked what I was doing he replied "oh that is not important"

Old 10-09-2012   #384
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 87 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Don't think inward/outward.

Actually loading can make a BIG difference in excursion, you would be surprised. It's rather notable in arrays.
Damn it chad, why is it that every time you say something I end up having to do research for 3 hours?
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012   #385
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

back from the grave for a few good laughs? anyone?

Old 11-09-2012   #386

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 62 Brad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enough

I had a guy in my welding class who bought his system used and already setup tell me that Sundown subs were basically throwaway and could only be used once when cranked up loud.

He also told me I could make a PA system by hooking a microphone directly to a Speaker without an amp.

This guy had a Dakota that was ghetto rigged. He wired in some LED's inside the cab and ran the Power wires to the battery. He even ran the ground to the negative battery terminal. All his wiring went through the inside of the front fender and through the door opening to his battery...

probably sent from a classroom

2001 Ram 2500 4x4
-Budget system-
Brad92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012   #387

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 62 Brad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
My favorite moron statement. I dont need an amp for mids and highs, just my sub.
Mids and highs are running off radio Power 45x4.
My cousin actually told me this.

2001 Ram 2500 4x4
-Budget system-
Old 11-10-2012   #388

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 60 boosted2.7 will become famous soon enoughboosted2.7 will become famous soon enoughboosted2.7 will become famous soon enoughboosted2.7 will become famous soon enoughboosted2.7 will become famous soon enoughboosted2.7 will become famous soon enough

One of my coworkers said that he wanted a system in his car, but its too low to the ground so he can't have one because all the bumps are so hard, it would ruin the equipment...and he drives a lat 90s cube at stock height..

Last edited by boosted2.7; 11-10-2012 at 05:18 AM..
boosted2.7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012   #389
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Acoustical Mad Scientist

Rep Power: 81 Jazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura aboutJazzi has a spectacular aura about

I haven't worked at a Car audio shop, but at the bike shop I once had a customer drop off her mountain bike for a tune up and casually mentioned:
"don't worry about the underwear on the pedals"

fun thread
Jazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012   #390
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 214 MarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
My favorite moron statement. I dont need an amp for mids and highs, just my sub.
Mids and highs are running off radio Power 45x4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad92 View Post
My cousin actually told me this.

<shrug> I don't need an amp for my mids and highs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery
What I wanted to say is that amps ... sound the same.
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012   #391
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 116 yeldak99 will become famous soon enoughyeldak99 will become famous soon enoughyeldak99 will become famous soon enoughyeldak99 will become famous soon enoughyeldak99 will become famous soon enoughyeldak99 will become famous soon enough

I got an email from my area's Hybrid rep telling me there was a local shop that was now an authorized dealer. It was right down the road from my work, so I decided to stop in one day... This place was full of fail. The guy had some imagines in the door that sounded horrid. I let him sit in my Car and listen to the Legatia's and he wasn't impressed. I can't remember all the BS he was trying to feed me, wish I would have brought a recorder.
yeldak99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012   #392
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeldak99 View Post
I got an email from my area's Hybrid rep telling me there was a local shop that was now an authorized dealer. It was right down the road from my work, so I decided to stop in one day... This place was full of fail. The guy had some imagines in the door that sounded horrid. I let him sit in my Car and listen to the Legatia's and he wasn't impressed. I can't remember all the BS he was trying to feed me, wish I would have brought a recorder.
It drives me nuts when someone wont admit that something sounds good. What type of BS was he saying to you? sounds funny lol

Old 11-10-2012   #393
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Guy says he can smell the sound system as it heats up and he is going to buy a capacitor to stop his headlights from doing trance beats at stop lights

His system was composed of one 10" sub and 6 x 9's powered from his HU

ROCKING the Sony X-plod with serious $68.00 amp on low end
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012   #394

DIYMA freshman

I'm sure this has been posted before in this thread, but every time I see this, I can't stop laughing:

2001 Ram 2500 4x4
-Budget system-
Old 11-12-2012   #395
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 294 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sure this has been posted before in this thread, but every time I see this, I can't stop laughing:

Oh crap... What a golden install. Kudos to him xD

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Build Thread 1, Mercedes-Benz E 320T (2000) -

- Build Thread 2, VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012   #396
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 151 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

Quote:

Where is the tech-flex?

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012   #397
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Quote:

wait wtff!?

Old 11-12-2012   #398
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 214 MarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really nice

Maybe I'm old, but I remember when some amps came with Power Wire that size. No terminal, it came out of the amp through a grommet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery
What I wanted to say is that amps ... sound the same.
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012   #399
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 294 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
Maybe I'm old, but I remember when some amps came with Power Wire that size. No terminal, it came out of the amp through a grommet.
Have one of those :P

An old Coustic.

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Build Thread 1, Mercedes-Benz E 320T (2000) -

- Build Thread 2, VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012   #400
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 136 turbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura aboutturbo5upra has a spectacular aura about

I've used 16 to feed an amp before.. From my 12 amp Power supply

Some equipment in some cars...
turbo5upra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement