**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 21 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012   #501

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 54 SuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enough

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
Try posting up a screen shot of the comments you are referring too. Link probably won't work for us with your friends privacy settings, perhaps only you can see it from link
SuMb0dY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012   #502
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 192 SkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the roughSkizeR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuMb0dY View Post
Try posting up a screen shot of the comments you are referring too. Link probably won't work for us with your friends privacy settings, perhaps only you can see it from link
it is because of privacy settings.. and it was a whollleeeee page worth of comments lol. go to irragi alternators facebook and on their wall is a pic of a system diagram with like 60 speakers. read the comments. i did troll a tad to hard lol

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012   #503
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 84 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Seeing people use the EQ as if it was the volume knob. You know... cuz they put the volume up to max and that wasn't loud enough already so they just boost every EQ band to the max just to make it 'louder'.... Ridiculous.

Makes me want to jump out of the Car while it's moving when I'm riding in these people's vehicles.
I don't get it? I thought when people say they use eq, it means that they use it to make everything louder.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012   #504
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 84 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
I don't get it? I thought when people say they use eq, it means that they use it to make everything louder.
This^
Old 12-12-2012   #505

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 54 SuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enough

I meant, when people just simply boost every EQ band to the top, it's annoying. Don't they know volume knobs raise all the frequencies volume equally?
Old 12-12-2012   #506
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
I meant, when people just simply boost every EQ band to the top, it's annoying. Don't they know volume knobs raise all the frequencies volume equally?
I get it, I was just being a smart ass. Nothing against you.
Old 12-12-2012   #507

DIYMA freshman

Oh haha i thought about that for a minute and was like hmmm maybe i worded it funny and he didnt get it? Or hes bein a smart ass lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-12-2012   #508
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
it is because of privacy settings.. and it was a whollleeeee page worth of comments lol. go to irragi alternators facebook and on their wall is a pic of a system diagram with like 60 speakers. read the comments. i did troll a tad to hard lol
Couldn't find em.
Fricasseekid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012   #509
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 150 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

Hey! I just thought of a stupid audio-related song lyric!

I'm-a show you some shit, rookie... press that button.
The trunk went *ehh-ehh*, and all of a sudden...
Four fifteens - didn't see no wires!
And then I heard BOOOOM from the amplifiers.

...amplifiers don't make noise

I also must confess that I fussed over the punctuation

...and used smileys in lieu of periods to end both of the previous phrases.

HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012   #510
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 150 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

sorry double post >_>

Last edited by HondAudio; 12-15-2012 at 01:24 AM..
HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012   #511
DIYMA 500 Club

That's what she said.

Rep Power: 111 adrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeadrenalinejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondAudio View Post
Hey! I just thought of a stupid audio-related song lyric!

I'm-a show you some shit, rookie... press that button.
The trunk went *ehh-ehh*, and all of a sudden...
Four fifteens - didn't see no wires!
And then I heard BOOOOM from the amplifiers.

...amplifiers don't make noise

I also must confess that I fussed over the punctuation

...and used smileys in lieu of periods to end both of the previous phrases.

I like that bass line after booom.

Humph umph tsk tsk hump umph tsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
It's not Tchaikovsky. But it's still music that people like and that people want to listen to. Therefore, the goal is to meet that demand. When you let your audio system dictate the music you listen to, you've lost.
adrenalinejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012   #512

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 73 xt577 is on a distinguished roadxt577 is on a distinguished roadxt577 is on a distinguished roadxt577 is on a distinguished roadxt577 is on a distinguished road

A tech at Eclipse told me he used an oscilloscope and a RTA to measure time alignment.

I was like, that doesn't make sense. Are you seriously telling me you used an oscilloscope and a RTA to measure time alignment? (I thought maybe he misspoke). I think I even asked him a third time if he was sure that's what he meant to say.

I asked him to explain how he did that and he brushed me off and told me he didn't have to explain it to me.

Awesome. You're a fucking retard.
xt577 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012   #513

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 73 Fetus will become famous soon enoughFetus will become famous soon enoughFetus will become famous soon enoughFetus will become famous soon enoughFetus will become famous soon enoughFetus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xt577 View Post
A tech at Eclipse told me he used an oscilloscope and a RTA to measure time alignment.
Why can't you use an RTA to measure time alignment?
Fetus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012   #514
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 913 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetus View Post
Why can't you use an RTA to measure time alignment?
there's no Z axis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012   #515
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 125 spl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
there's no Z axis.
If the rta can generate the tones and measure the time to received compared to everything else it should work but I don't know if they can do that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
spl152db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012   #516
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond repute

I just read this on SMD forum with regards to an infinite baffle setup.

"Personal experience... DO NOT POINT THAT MONSTER AT THE TRUNK LID!! Haha your trunk will hate you and it will knock the hinges out-of-level. And if you were to face it towards the rear, it would indeed destroy the trunk lock. Firing forward would be the best way to go in my opinion, getting a design for the baffle and using the airspace as best you can will be a little tricky. "
Old 12-16-2012   #517
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricasseekid View Post

"Personal experience... DO NOT POINT THAT MONSTER AT THE TRUNK LID!! Haha your trunk will hate you and it will knock the hinges out-of-level. And if you were to face it towards the rear, it would indeed destroy the trunk lock. Firing forward would be the best way to go in my opinion, getting a design for the baffle and using the airspace as best you can will be a little tricky. "
At least it won't destroy anything important if you point it forward towards the driver.

Last edited by Spyke; 12-16-2012 at 08:00 PM..
Old 12-16-2012   #518
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 913 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricasseekid View Post

Any advice as to which way I should avoid pointing the amplifier?

Quote:
Old 12-16-2012   #519
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Oops repost
Old 12-16-2012   #520
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Any advice as to which way I should avoid pointing the amplifier?
Just make sure the electron stream isn't pointing at the headunit. It'll cause some kind of vortex and your Car will turn into a pulsar. Or was it that the amp will go supernova? Idk, I don't feel like searching right now.
Old 12-16-2012   #521
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

sounds legit.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2012   #522
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Conversation I had with a coworker (who's kind of a know it all).

Coworker: What, are you on Craigslist or something?

Me: No, it's a Car audio forum.

Coworker: What's that?

Me: Do you know what a forum is?

Coworker: yes

Me: Do you know what Car audio is?

Coworker: yes

Me: Well this is a forum for car audio.

Coworker: Oh so it's like a chat room where people talk about stereos?

Me: Basically

Coworker: That's pretty cool.

Me: Yeah, there are some very knowledgable people on here. I really learn a lot. This forum is more centered towards sound quality installs and not the usual loud bass, spl type systems.

Coworker: Yeah, I know what your talking about like ohms and stuff.

Facepalm...
Old 12-21-2012   #523
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 81 SaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enough

Yeah... like ohms and stuff.
SaturnSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012   #524
DIYMA 500 Club

Back Yard Installer

Rep Power: 148 IBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really niceIBcivic is just really nice

Everyone knows that PEAK WATTS is where it's at!

IBcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012   #525
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

I need to know MAX Power ratings because I want to be sure my sony subs will be ok. They're rated for 1500 watts each so I should be ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement