**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 26 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013   #626

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 64 Guitarfreak235 will become famous soon enoughGuitarfreak235 will become famous soon enoughGuitarfreak235 will become famous soon enoughGuitarfreak235 will become famous soon enoughGuitarfreak235 will become famous soon enoughGuitarfreak235 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
There's always been a camp that is all about watts. Namely the spl guys. The difference is that now, most people are so stupid that they believe that a 4kw amp can be bought for $150. And that they can brag about numbers to their friends who are all equally as stupid.

Edit: I'm not talking about spl guys being stupid. I'm referring to the average guy with the 2kw sony sub in his lowered civic.
yeah i know so many guys that say oh these subs hit hard. no they dont they distort like crazy thats not bass. i have lame kicker cvt12s in my truck that sound better than so many systems.... and thats saying something
Guitarfreak235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013   #627
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 257 claydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond repute

This summer I had a salesman at a shop scoff when I mentioned I was running some home drivers in my car...........he said they would soon fail because home speakers aren't built to withstand the voltage fluctuations in a mobile environment. Of course he had some components that I should buy immediately, before my speakers died.......LOL. When I said my iPod was my main source of listening he was taken aback again. He told me if I cared anything about sq, I wouldn't even own one, let alone hook it up to a nice stereo. When I told him my iPod was full of my CD collection ripped in lossless he looked baffled, got pissed and said mp3 sucks............I gave up, smiled, and left.
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #628
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 253 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
There's always been a camp that is all about watts. Namely the spl guys. The difference is that now, most people are so stupid that they believe that a 4kw amp can be bought for $150. And that they can brag about numbers to their friends who are all equally as stupid.

Edit: I'm not talking about spl guys being stupid. I'm referring to the average guy with the 2kw sony sub in his lowered civic.
LOL I've shown people like that what my itty bitty high quality 4ch a/b amp I run my subs with can do. I doubt they believe me when I say it's only rated for like 340rms per side bridged. It may be small and relatively low power but it has headroom for miles. Quality is definately better than quantity. Too many people get caught up on cheap wattage. What good is an amp with big power if it runs out of steam quickly? And gets its ass whipped by an amp that supposedly only puts out HALF the power? It's like a 300hp v8 vs a 300hp 4cyl. They both might make that amount of hp but how they do it is what matters.

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream tn1.1200d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, Alumapro Alusonic 12 ported, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013   #629
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 141 AAAAAAA will become famous soon enoughAAAAAAA will become famous soon enoughAAAAAAA will become famous soon enoughAAAAAAA will become famous soon enoughAAAAAAA will become famous soon enoughAAAAAAA will become famous soon enoughAAAAAAA will become famous soon enoughAAAAAAA will become famous soon enough

LOL you just submited a bunch of stuff worthy for this thread haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
LOL I've shown people like that what my itty bitty high quality 4ch a/b amp I run my subs with can do. I doubt they believe me when I say it's only rated for like 340rms per side bridged. It may be small and relatively low power but it has headroom for miles. Quality is definately better than quantity. Too many people get caught up on cheap wattage.What good is an amp with big power if it runs out of steam quickly? And gets its ass whipped by an amp that supposedly only puts out HALF the power? It's like a 300hp v8 vs a 300hp 4cyl. They both might make that amount of hp but how they do it is what matters..
AAAAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #630
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 217 MarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really nice

Quote:
LOL I've shown people like that what my itty bitty high quality 4ch a/b amp I run my subs with can do. I doubt they believe me when I say it's only rated for like 340rms per side bridged. It may be small and relatively low power but it has headroom for miles. Quality is definately better than quantity. Too many people get caught up on cheap wattage. What good is an amp with big power if it runs out of steam quickly? And gets its ass whipped by an amp that supposedly only puts out HALF the power? It's like a 300hp v8 vs a 300hp 4cyl. They both might make that amount of hp but how they do it is what matters.
Um... a small amp with "lots of headroom" is really a big amp. About 20 years ago, a lot of companies were making large amps and putting low power outputs in their spec sheets to try to get people to think that their brand was innately superior. It's marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery
What I wanted to say is that amps ... sound the same.
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #631
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 spl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
Um... a small amp with "lots of headroom" is really a big amp. About 20 years ago, a lot of companies were making large amps and putting low power outputs in their spec sheets to try to get people to think that their brand was innately superior. It's marketing.
like zuki.
spl152db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #632
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 253 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

lol I knew I had lots of good material for this thread in my last post. To be honest, the itty bitty amp in question just got moved to frontstage and it's meh at best. Worked better on subs. The big Zuki with endless headroom fried out of nowhere so it's being replaced with a PPI PC1000.1. Replacing a class a/b cow with a class d cow. I'll let you rock my subs in ATL spl152db and I guarantee I won't have one blow up during or on the way home either after a few loud demo's

'14 Grand Cherokee Limited, OEM U-Connect 8.4a, JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, Arc xdi1200.6v2, Soundstream tn1.1200d, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, Alumapro Alusonic 12 ported, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Seas Neo Aluminum...Rearfill done properly is a helluva drug!
Old 02-14-2013   #633
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 spl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enough

Quote:
lol I knew I had lots of good material for this thread in my last post. To be honest, the itty bitty amp in question just got moved to frontstage and it's meh at best. Worked better on subs. The big Zuki with endless headroom fried out of nowhere so it's being replaced with a PPI PC1000.1. Replacing a class a/b cow with a class d cow. I'll let you rock my subs in ATL spl152db and I guarantee I won't have one blow up during or on the way home either after a few loud demo's
I never said they would blow up? my like zuki comment was referring to marketing.
I can bring my RTA again so you can tune up your new deck if you want? I'm still on the fence on going since I don't have a system currently.
spl152db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #634
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post
I never said they would blow up? my like zuki comment was referring to marketing.
I can bring my RTA again so you can tune up your new deck if you want? I'm still on the fence on going since I don't have a system currently.
Just prodding man so no worries. I'll give it a good driving position tune by ear then a good tune with the seat slid back and upright. Then have Mark tweak my demo tune so it doesn't pull to the right so bad.

Old 02-14-2013   #635
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
MontiCar Roermond NL
Position:
Installer

Rep Power: 86 Woosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enoughWoosey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
These just seem more wiriery, I always leave home without them
OMG!

This is the right thing for this thread!!!

Who comes up with this? Who buys this?

Pear Cable Audio Cables - Cable Measurements - Frequency Response Plot

Never say Ooops... Always say, Aahh Interesting....
Mazda MX-5 10th AE, Pioneer P99, Mosconi AS100.4, Mosconi One60.4, Gladen SQX08, Exact! M182W, Exact! En50B4, Exact! HX22TG, Silent Coat
Woosey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #636
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosey View Post
OMG!

You can also use snake oil to lube yourself up.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #637
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Talking Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosey View Post
OMG!

Audio-philes(feels) - audiofools

If you have the money, we'll make the time
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #638
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 919 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #639
DIYMA 500 Club

Hybrid Audio Online

12V Company:
12v Electronics
Position:
Sales Manager

Rep Power: 121 12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to 12v Electronics Send a message via Skype™ to 12v Electronics

Just proves that you can write whatever you want on the Internet and many people will take it as gospel.

Tom Meyers
tom@12velectronics.com 847-461-9520
12v Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013   #640
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 82 hurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enoughhurrication will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarfreak235 View Post
yeah i know so many guys that say oh these subs hit hard. no they dont they distort like crazy thats not bass.
I can't recall the entire conversation verbatim because I was buzzed, but last year I was at a bar of all places and a couple of SPL guys (who were very proud of their DD and Sundown) overheard me talking to my buddy about a future install I was planning and struck up a convo. They almost got offended when I told them it was a SQ install with 350 total rms watts. Nothing they said was truly stupid, but I remember one of them defining what he thought sound quality was solely as: "the bass being able to hit the highs AND the lows".

He left the bar and started making laps around the block in his scion toaster with the bass cranked. We left and were walking down the sidewalk as he made a lap and the song he was playing hit a note that was probably around 60-65hz and all you could hear was pure distortion - no bass. I could tell his subs were hating life. His waveform probably looked just like the silhouette of his scion's roofline.
hurrication is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013   #641
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Radio Randy
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 133 ATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the rough

He must have heard you say something about Sine waves and thought you said Scion waves.

CDA-9886,PXA-H100,EPIC160,Hifonics series VIII Callisto,MC431m on SSMB8's,GTI508 mids(doors),MC431m on GTI408 mids,Morel MDM55's(dash),MC431m on Dayton AMT1-4's(pillars)and GTI508 mids rear,JBL GTO1201.1 on(2)MTX T8512-04 5cuft ported at 30hz,2 batteries,30F cap.5 way active.
ATOMICTECH62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013   #642
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

I'll tell you what though, some people if you build their box to peak in just the right area they'll be happy happy happy even though you think it's crappy crappy crappy

Old 02-15-2013   #643
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 919 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll tell you what though, some people if you build their box to peak in just the right area they'll be happy happy happy even though you think it's crappy crappy crappy
There's nothing wrong with that

I tossed a peaky box I built for fun in the civic... I loved it for the day it was in there, Was happy to have something somewhat musical back but shaking the fuck out of the car was fun for a day.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2013   #644
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

What's fun is on the rare occations I build a peaky mess for someone to enjoy their droning rap on is "testing" it in my own vehicle. Definately fun but always afraid of accidentaly blowing their subs. I never turn something I built loose without a quick "test" to make sure everythings kosher.

Old 02-15-2013   #645
DIYMA 500 Club

Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond reputeFricasseekid has a reputation beyond repute

You design sub boxes for Jews?
Fricasseekid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013   #646
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricasseekid View Post
You design sub boxes for Jews?

nevermind, just got it. However, the last box I designed and let him learn by "helping" the guy was half Catholic half Jewish.

Old 02-15-2013   #647
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 144 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

A couple of years back, I was pulling equipment out of a car I was selling. I went back to the place that did the original install and they were going to pull some equipment and put back some OEM stuff. The installer comes back telling me who ever did the install was a joke. He pointed out all the wrong things done and said things like “who did this was a joke.” I kept the original install sheet and showed him who signed off as the person that did the install. It was of course the very same guy ripping everything. He ended up walking in the back of the shop and we never saw him the rest of the time I was there.
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013   #648
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Quote:
I never turn something I built loose without a quick "test" to make sure everythings kosher.
No balls no glory.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2013   #649

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 65 Brad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enoughBrad92 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroo View Post
A couple of years back, I was pulling equipment out of a car I was selling. I went back to the place that did the original install and they were going to pull some equipment and put back some OEM stuff. The installer comes back telling me who ever did the install was a joke. He pointed out all the wrong things done and said things like “who did this was a joke.” I kept the original install sheet and showed him who signed off as the person that did the install. It was of course the very same guy ripping everything. He ended up walking in the back of the shop and we never saw him the rest of the time I was there.
This is one of the funniest ones in here

Posted with a solar powered calculator

2001 Ram 2500 4x4
-Budget system-
Brad92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013   #650
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 74 Richv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enough

I think its funny when you hear people saying about their subs "This (dc audio) subwoofer is a beast. its rated for 1500rms but can easily take way more". The same people always end up having to recone their blown (DC Audio) subwoofer.
Richv72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement