**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 914 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
LOL - intentionally adding rattles is a good one for sure.
This guy around here used to work at a shop in Florida, they would literally have customers empty tubes of BB's in the voids of the trunk lid.

moar outside noise= moar bass yo.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 161 BuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to behold

I'm in awe of the last few posts with people intentionally making their trunks rattle. I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise, 99% of the youtube videos are of trunks rattling and excursion or "flexing" lol.

'84 GN 10.60@ 127mph.
'07 Epic Expert
'14 Trance SX with SRAM XX1 1x11 Drivetrain.
'06 TL.
BuickGN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #53

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 73 Micksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
I'm in awe of the last few posts with people intentionally making their trunks rattle. I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise, 99% of the youtube videos are of trunks rattling and excursion or "flexing" lol.
Flexing is one thing, it's gotta be loud to flex... But rattles? Yeah, people are crazy.
Micksh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012   #54

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 73 Micksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enoughMicksh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
One guy at the local audio shop told me he didn't like german speakers. I said; okeey... and why is that? He answered, if you listen to them you'll hear that the music will have that distinct german "pronunciation" to them...

Wow... That's a new one >.
Lmao!
Micksh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #55
DIYMA 500 Club

Mass Effect

Rep Power: 104 MacLeod will become famous soon enoughMacLeod will become famous soon enoughMacLeod will become famous soon enoughMacLeod will become famous soon enoughMacLeod will become famous soon enoughMacLeod will become famous soon enough

I've been told to keep my Speaker wires the same lenghts. If the left side is longer, it wont fire the same time as the right. Cause you know that extra .0000002 seconds it takes to travel those extra few feet really makes a difference.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Aaron Thomas • MECA SQL
2006 Rookie of the Year • State Champion 06, 07, 08, 11 • World Finals 2nd place 06, 07, 08, 09
JL Audio Fix-82 • JL Audio Twk-88 • JL Audio RD900/5 • JL Audio 10TW3 • Morel Hybrid 602 • KnuKonceptz
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 914 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micksh View Post
Flexing is one thing, it's gotta be loud to flex... But rattles? Yeah, people are crazy.
Which is just like saying, "hitting my finger with a hammer is stupid, but doing the same to one of my testicles is just over the top."
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #57

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 67 MoparMike will become famous soon enoughMoparMike will become famous soon enoughMoparMike will become famous soon enoughMoparMike will become famous soon enoughMoparMike will become famous soon enoughMoparMike will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Even worse - the folks who insist on 8 sets of marine speakers and/or PA horns mounted in the grill and under the car, so that you can hear them coming hundreds of yards away.

There may be a lot of obnoxious, distorted, bass-heavy systems on the road but nothing is more annoying than high-pitched gangsta rap projected down the street at 110 db.

Motorcycles are almost as bad, but at least that is somewhat understandable compared to the noise of the bike itself.
There were two guys driving back and forth through the crowd this year at Texas Heat Wave in a Donk with a PA setup blaring. That is one of the most annoying things I have seen/heard in Car audio.

2015 Dodge Durango R/T - Audio build log - Morel - Exodus - Sundown - JL Audio - Zapco - KnuKonceptz - Stinger
MoparMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #58

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Sonic Electronix
Position:
Merchandising

Rep Power: 109 left channel will become famous soon enoughleft channel will become famous soon enoughleft channel will become famous soon enoughleft channel will become famous soon enoughleft channel will become famous soon enoughleft channel will become famous soon enough

Back when Good Guys was still around here in SoCal I went in to look at an Eclipse deck. I always like to ask stupid questions just to see what kind of response I would get. The young sales guy was talking about RMS vs Peak so I asked him what RMS stood for. He told me it was "Real Music Sound". "You know, none of that distortion and stuff".

Priceless!

the best audio cables that I've ever heard are made in the Swiss Alps by naked virgins and are soaked in Yeti Sperm for 4 days.... Amazing! totally worth the $10k/ft price tag...
left channel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

Kneel Before Zod!!!!!

Rep Power: 112 robert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond repute

JL audio makes great head units.
robert_wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 82 SaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enough

lol A guy I know told my friend that his subs where "catching too much air" because they where firing upwards towards his hatch... I found this hilarious because the guy is a great mechanic, he owns a ridiculously powerful boosted Civic, but apparently he doesn't know jack about audio.

This same guy chimed in when I was talking to my buddy about metering your system and stuff. I got to talking numbers and he says to us that his two JL audio 13W7s and a JL 1000.1 hit 160dB...

These are the same W7s that blew his first prefab box apart, only to be replaced by another prefab box that sounded even worse. I knew the guy he bought the subs from and they sounded INCREDIBLE in a custom sealed box in a new Altima coupe.
SaturnSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 252 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

I need 500 watts for my passive components
Scott@GZUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 152 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

Typically overheard in high-volume, 'ONE-DOLLAR INSTALL!' shops:

"Yo, I wanna system dat BUMPS, kna'msayin'?"

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

Last edited by HondAudio; 09-04-2012 at 02:37 PM..
HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

Kneel Before Zod!!!!!

Rep Power: 112 robert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond reputerobert_wrath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsDownLow View Post
Good one! I saw that here:
www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/135594-need-good-sq-2-channel-amp-500x2-rms-more.html
robert_wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #64
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 82 SaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enoughSaturnSL1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondAudio View Post
Typically overheard in high-volume, 'ONE-DOLLAR INSTALL!' shops:

"Yo, I wanna system dat BUMPS, kna'msayin'?"

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.
That means two Kickers in a prefab and any 1500w amp off the shelf.
SaturnSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 86 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Even worse - the folks who insist on 8 sets of marine speakers and/or PA horns mounted in the grill and under the car, so that you can hear them coming hundreds of yards away.

There may be a lot of obnoxious, distorted, bass-heavy systems on the road but nothing is more annoying than high-pitched gangsta rap projected down the street at 110 db.

Motorcycles are almost as bad, but at least that is somewhat understandable compared to the noise of the bike itself.
That sounds pretty damn ghetto. I've luckily never seen/heard that. My guess would be that it's a southern thing. No offense to anyone, just the vibe I get from it.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 86 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And I've been wasting money on deadener this whole time? Son of a bitch, I knew I was doing it wrong.
Old 09-04-2012   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 152 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

sorry - multiple post

INTERNETS, Y U NO WORK?!
Old 09-04-2012   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSL1 View Post
This same guy chimed in when I was talking to my buddy about metering your system and stuff. I got to talking numbers and he says to us that his two JL audio 13W7s and a JL 1000.1 hit 160dB...
That's not inconceivable... if the microphone is inside the box
Old 09-04-2012   #69
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_wrath View Post
JL audio makes great head units.
Yes, that's true. JL audio does make great head units...

IN THE FUTURE!

Old 09-04-2012   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 103 Danometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Which is just like saying, "hitting my finger with a hammer is stupid, but doing the same to one of my testicles is just over the top."
LOLZ
Danometal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 131 lucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsDownLow View Post

<--------------- looks down at feet
lucas569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #72
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

this thread is turning out much better than expected hahaha

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #73

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 67 Shadowmarx will become famous soon enoughShadowmarx will become famous soon enoughShadowmarx will become famous soon enoughShadowmarx will become famous soon enoughShadowmarx will become famous soon enoughShadowmarx will become famous soon enough

This is the one I got the other day....
Is your door speakers working? Sounds like the sound is all come'n from over your dash...
Shadowmarx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 70 Richv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enoughRichv72 will become famous soon enough

The best one is on youtube videos when they are like "heres how loud my system is" instead of filming from the front or seating area they film the rattly trunk.
Richv72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richv72 View Post
The best one is on youtube videos when they are like "heres how loud my system is" instead of filming from the front or seating area they film the rattly trunk.
Unless you are flexing glass and sheet metal, there is no need for anyone to be filming their system. IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement