**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 5 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012   #101
DIYMA 500 Club

OP

Rep Power: 147 goodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enoughgoodstuff will become famous soon enough

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post
i forgot of one i heard somewhere. a guy told us we wouldn't get the right eskques if we didn't remove our RCA's before a meet and hang them upside down so the electrons could stop pooling up.

also remember reading a website about a recording studio ran out of the house where the guy only uses 8 track. unplugs everything in the house since the refridgerator causes noise in the electrical system. and records everything in the dark. He also sold some paste to rub on cds to make them sound better infinitely.
I don't know about most of that but I know the noise is real. Done it myself when recording to a laptop. Unpluged the old ass fridge in our rented house and the hum went away.

Your boom box better form a union,
cause I leave your circuits overworked.
goodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012   #102

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 brownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enough

Maybe not car audio but still funny:

"My grand prix GT would blow away your GTP"

Me: "How much internal work is done to the motor and how much PSi are you running on the Turbo."

Him: "it doesn't have a Turbo, only GTPs have those, but I have a cold air intake and a flow tech muffler, its super fast, I race it all the time."

Car audio related: "the car audio shop I went to earlier told me they would hard wire the amp to my CD player so it just gives the CD player more power to push all of my speakers."

To which I replied "go for it."
brownbob06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #103

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 63 Dejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbob06 View Post
Maybe not car audio but still funny:

"My grand prix GT would blow away your GTP"

Me: "How much internal work is done to the motor and how much PSi are you running on the Turbo."

Him: "it doesn't have a Turbo, only GTPs have those, but I have a cold air intake and a flow tech muffler, its super fast, I race it all the time."
Grand Prix GTP models do not have turbos...they have superchargers.

Superchargers and Turbos are different.

2009 F-150 Supercrew
Dejected Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012   #104
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 spl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodstuff View Post
I don't know about most of that but I know the noise is real. Done it myself when recording to a laptop. Unpluged the old ass fridge in our rented house and the hum went away.
sorry i worded that wrong, the electrical noise stuff is real, but the paste for the cds was more what I was after. Hopefully someone else knows the guy I'm talking about and can point this website out.
spl152db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #105

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 120 brownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enoughbrownbob06 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejected Cheese View Post
Grand Prix GTP models do not have turbos...they have superchargers.

Superchargers and Turbos are different.
That was the point lol.

In the grand prix community a Turbo is generally considered an upgrade to a supercharger and most GTs get turbos not supercharger which is why I asked him about a Turbo.

I guess without that explanation I sound almost as dumb...almost lol
brownbob06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #106
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 126 strakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura about

"I hit 190dB with a single ported 12"

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log
Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, Arc, Clarion, JL, Xtant/Morel, Beyma, Acoustic Elegance

Living Room System Build Log
Denon, Behringer, DIYSG, Eminence, Celestion, Denovo, Energy, Alpine
strakele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #107
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 919 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Never disrespect the power of a port.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #108
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
It`s not a hand brake nor emergency brake it`s parking brake.
I'll bet if your brake line blew the parking brake would become an emergency brake.
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #109

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 102 stewartwms21 will become famous soon enoughstewartwms21 will become famous soon enoughstewartwms21 will become famous soon enoughstewartwms21 will become famous soon enoughstewartwms21 will become famous soon enoughstewartwms21 will become famous soon enough

Ok this isn't anything somebody said but it's what I witnessed with my own eyes! When I was in high school(97-98?)this kid had like an 91 civic hatchback. He took a 1/2in of subfloor from a scrap pile at a housing development and made a sub wall in his car. It was great! He took out his back seat and cut the wood to fit the shape of the inside of the car. Then he used liquid nail to hold it in place. He took alot of time and it actually fit perfect. that's about all that was perfect. He had 4 MTX 12's from best buy. I think they just started carrying them or something because they were buy 1 get 1 free. Mind you these were not IB subs. He had a them hooked up to a Profile California amp. I think it was the AP1000 or 1200. I remember it specifically because it was the 1st amp I'd seen that lit up! He thought it was the sweetest thing around! He was probably putting 50W to each sub with that amp. It had a rumble too it, not a BOOM like you would expect when you see 4 12's! I remember he tried to get his dad to let him seal the hatch so it would be a giant box. I love the things teenagers do with car audio!
stewartwms21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #110
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 156 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAbington View Post
...I let her grab the ICP cd out of her car...
I stopped reading right after this
HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #111
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 90 Spyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enoughSpyke will become famous soon enough

"Who are you and why are you in my car?"
Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #112

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 pimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enough

Here's mine, this was yesterday. So I posted on facebook that I got third at the last comp and a friend of mine who works at Best Buy replies, "you know if you hook your rears back up that should be good for a few more points, ya know!". True I swear.
pimpndahoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #113
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 214 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpndahoz View Post
Here's mine, this was yesterday. So I posted on facebook that I got third at the last comp and a friend of mine who works at Best Buy replies, "you know if you hook your rears back up that should be good for a few more points, ya know!". True I swear.
stupidest thing ive ever heard. ".. a friend of mine who works at best buy.."

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #114
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 spl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enough

I used to work there and never had a comeback and knew more than anyone else there except ashley. He worked there 18 years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-05-2012   #115

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 71 pimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enoughpimpndahoz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I used to work there and never had a comeback and knew more than anyone else there except ashley. He worked there 18 years.

Pat, there's absolutely nothing wrong with working at Best Buy!! IT doesn't matter some people will no their shit and some won't whatever/wherever the shop.
pimpndahoz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #116
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 214 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

i was just kidding haha

Old 09-05-2012   #117
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 107 Danometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enoughDanometal will become famous soon enough

So much lulz in this thread.
Danometal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #118
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpndahoz View Post
Pat, there's absolutely nothing wrong with working at Best Buy!! IT doesn't matter some people will no their shit and some won't whatever/wherever the shop.
Thanks Gil. I don't know everything and was told many times today but i know a lot more than the basics and with the pending world championships coming up it should prove it.

Old 09-05-2012   #119
Lou

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 101 Lou will become famous soon enoughLou will become famous soon enoughLou will become famous soon enoughLou will become famous soon enoughLou will become famous soon enoughLou will become famous soon enough

a neighbor kid a few years ago told me that you could hook up positive to negative and negative to positive as long as they were not grounded to each other,i promptly asked him what he was smoking and he said nothing,he was serious so i sat back and watched him smoke his new deck.I felt kinda bad but couldnt help laughing inside
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #120
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
a neighbor kid a few years ago told me that you could hook up positive to negative and negative to positive as long as they were not grounded to each other,i promptly asked him what he was smoking and he said nothing,he was serious so i sat back and watched him smoke his new deck.I felt kinda bad but couldnt help laughing inside
You sir are an asshole. Watching someone do something like that is stupid. I would've stopped him.

Old 09-05-2012   #121
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
You sir are an asshole. Watching someone do something like that is stupid. I would've stopped him.

let darwins theory of natural selection run its coarse.. haha

Old 09-05-2012   #122
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 919 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

also remember reading a website about a recording studio ran out of the house where the guy only uses 8 track. unplugs everything in the house since the refridgerator causes noise in the electrical system. and records everything in the dark. He also sold some paste to rub on cds to make them sound better infinitely.
Wilco and white stripes record om 8 track, 8 tracks not an 8 track cartridge. Normally 1/2 tape.

I had a studio on a campus that did electronic Simplex clock sync, we could only record for like 55 minutes because every hour they would boradcast the tone over the AC line... buggara!

All kinds of shit cause noise in a home... The correct way to do lamp dimming is a studio is with a variac, SCR based dimmers are the worst.

I'm also a HUGE stickler about XY load balancing.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #123
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
let darwins theory of natural selection run its coarse.. haha
Lol true true.

Old 09-05-2012   #124
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Wilco and white stripes record om 8 track, 8 tracks not an 8 track cartridge. Normally 1/2 tape.

I had a studio on a campus that did electronic Simplex clock sync, we could only record for like 55 minutes because every hour they would boradcast the tone over the AC line... buggara!

All kinds of shit cause noise in a home... The correct way to do lamp dimming is a studio is with a variac, SCR based dimmers are the worst.

I'm also a HUGE stickler about XY load balancing.
I really wasn't trying to complain about the recording but the goo he sells to make cd sound better.

Old 09-05-2012   #125
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 106 Thunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enoughThunderplains will become famous soon enough

"1Ohm is what you should run your sub at because it will allow to use all the amps power, it's easy to figure out, take peak power and divide by ohms and that will tell you how much power the sub can handle, but you should always try to get 1 ohm, you will use the whole amp".
And as I stood there and looked at him in complete amazement, I simply could not come up with the right words

The Build - Version 2 - Wiring by Stinger (power & speaker), Audison (block) and WestCo (Custom Interconnects)
Thunderplains is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement