**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 51 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013   #1251

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Big Box
Position:
Lead tech

Rep Power: 73 gtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enoughgtsdohcvvtli will become famous soon enough

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

That's Sony amp is an magnificent amp. It Retailed more than the seller listed it for.

2003 Mazda 6 | Sony | Focal | Mosconi | Hertz |
gtsdohcvvtli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013   #1252
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 104 sinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enoughsinister-kustoms will become famous soon enough

I think they were about $4k when new. $1500 is a big price tag, but I don't think it's unrealistic. They look like they're in great condition.

sinister-kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2013   #1253

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 61 Changchung will become famous soon enoughChangchung will become famous soon enoughChangchung will become famous soon enoughChangchung will become famous soon enoughChangchung will become famous soon enoughChangchung will become famous soon enough

You would buy? I dont...

It just huge... Very big...
Changchung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013   #1254

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 61 evilspoons will become famous soon enoughevilspoons will become famous soon enoughevilspoons will become famous soon enoughevilspoons will become famous soon enoughevilspoons will become famous soon enoughevilspoons will become famous soon enough

WOW... that is a big amp. Unless that's a radio-control car they've put it in.

2012 Subaru STi Hatchback - Pioneer AVIC-X9310BT - JL XD700/5 - Focal P165 V15 front - Focal P 25 DB sub - Audio Integrations sealed sub box
evilspoons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013   #1255
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 100 ebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enough

I will tell you about something that will make you guys laugh a ton. On campus I have this one guy probably 24 years old and has a Suzuki smallest SUV made but I am not sure what model it is. He runs an Eclipse 7200MKII up front with stock speakers in the doors, Autotek amp powering Selenium mids and tweets which is all on top of a Kicker L7 15 sub box which is ported by the way.

I have Morels Hybrid Ovation 6 II powered by the Arc Audio KS 300.2 and the BA G1 12 powered by an Arc Audio XXD 2080 and the headunit is an Eclipse CD5030 all in a 2006 KIA SPECTRA SX sedan.

Now he told me the following:
Seleniums are better than Morels.
Autotek amplifier is way better than the Arc Audio amplifiers.
He told me since he is way louder than mine that his is better than mine.
I must have rear fill to make my sound system sound better and replace my Morels with Seleniums.

Now a reputable shop in Orlando Ultimate Audio but now Ultimate Auto told me that I should have rear fill because coaxials play frequencies 80 Hz and the components should play 100 HZ and up. Also I need to go three way if I am not going to do rear fill at all. I was thinking how did these guys become dealers of Audison and Hertz besides JL Audio. They were going on about how threeway is only for people who compete in IASCA, USACi and other SQ competitions. One of the guys that works there has his sister that married my older brother and that is how I know so much about their method of thinking when it comes to car audio.

Audio Excellence which is another shop that claims Pioneer makes the best components, Orion makes the best subwoofers and Kenwood makes the best amps. I know the owners because we are all Arabic speaking people although we are from different countries.

Audio Zone over here told me that the Maxxsonics MB Quart is the best speakers out there. My boss has a roommate who is best friends with the owners and he keeps telling me Maxxonics, Orion and Kicker are the S$% [best in his lingo].

So when I went to Ultimate Auto they were all shocked to find that my simple system sounds way cleaner than theirs plus others on campus to. Now Ultimate Auto is p#$*ed at me because I stole their future customers and sent them to Octave Audio oh well.
ebrahim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013   #1256
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 208 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrahim View Post
I will tell you about something that will make you guys laugh a ton. On campus I have this one guy probably 24 years old and has a Suzuki smallest SUV made but I am not sure what model it is. He runs an Eclipse 7200MKII up front with stock speakers in the doors, Autotek amp powering Selenium mids and tweets which is all on top of a Kicker L7 15 sub box which is ported by the way.

I have Morels Hybrid Ovation 6 II powered by the Arc Audio KS 300.2 and the BA G1 12 powered by an Arc Audio XXD 2080 and the headunit is an Eclipse CD5030 all in a 2006 KIA SPECTRA SX sedan.

I must have rear fill to make my sound system sound better and replace my Morels with Seleniums.

Now a reputable shop in Orlando Ultimate Audio but now Ultimate Auto told me that I should have rear fill because coaxials play frequencies 80 Hz and the components should play 100 HZ and up. Also I need to go three way if I am not going to do rear fill at all. I was thinking how did these guys become dealers of Audison and Hertz besides JL Audio. They were going on about how threeway is only for people who compete in IASCA, USACi and other SQ competitions. One of the guys that works there has his sister that married my older brother and that is how I know so much about their method of thinking when it comes to car audio.

Audio Excellence which is another shop that claims Pioneer makes the best components, Orion makes the best subwoofers and Kenwood makes the best amps. I know the owners because we are all Arabic speaking people although we are from different countries.

Audio Zone over here told me that the Maxxsonics MB Quart is the best speakers out there. My boss has a roommate who is best friends with the owners and he keeps telling me Maxxonics, Orion and Kicker are the S$% [best in his lingo].

So when I went to Ultimate Auto they were all shocked to find that my simple system sounds way cleaner than theirs plus others on campus to. Now Ultimate Auto is p#$*ed at me because I stole their future customers and sent them to Octave Audio oh well.
Niice

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013   #1257

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 SentraStyleEMW will become famous soon enoughSentraStyleEMW will become famous soon enoughSentraStyleEMW will become famous soon enoughSentraStyleEMW will become famous soon enoughSentraStyleEMW will become famous soon enoughSentraStyleEMW will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrahim View Post

Hahaha...Audio Zone. When I worked at Sound Advice up the road before they went out of business (thanks Tweeter), we would have at least one customer a day come in to fix their installs. I had some good Lol's over their installs (and that is saying a lot because I once saw a sub installed in a KFC bucket).

IVAW505 to a PXAH800 & RUXC800, Boston GT28- Front mid, GT22- Front tweet, GT28- Rear, GT24- Sub, GT20- Center, Polk SR6500, MMC690, Focal 27KX, and Alpine SBS-05DC for center.
SentraStyleEMW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013   #1258

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 tkat1000 will become famous soon enoughtkat1000 will become famous soon enoughtkat1000 will become famous soon enoughtkat1000 will become famous soon enoughtkat1000 will become famous soon enoughtkat1000 will become famous soon enough

BOSE

"and that is saying a lot because I once saw a sub installed in a KFC bucket"
tkat1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013   #1259
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 228 Horsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond reputeHorsemanwill has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Horsemanwill Send a message via MSN to Horsemanwill Send a message via Yahoo to Horsemanwill

a friend was having a friend hook up his kenwood amp. he was keeping the factory hu so I told him to use the hi level inputs from the kenwood and just splice the wires into the rear speaker wires. when he told his friend this his friend said no if you do that you won't get no lows. you need one of the "low level things". that way you can get rca's to play the lows to the sub amp.

HU P01
Tru SB6 running ES ultra full body and (2) jbl w12gti
Tru S25 runing Mids 4 Silver Flute W17RC38-08
Horsemanwill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013   #1260
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 100 ebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enough

I forgot to mention when FM Electronics was open and running in Orlando, FL the owner who is a Morel dealer told me that Morel do not make subwoofers at all. Later I learned he was also a Diamond Audio dealer who was trying so hard to sell all of the Diamond Audio subwoofers to all of his customers. Also hes installer told me that a pair of tens has the same output of a single fifteen. I would give him credit for an awesome sales pitch but his knowledge of car audio was not that great plus his installers did some half fast job on their customer vehicles.
Old 09-26-2013   #1261
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 128 spl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enoughspl152db will become famous soon enough

all other things being equal, the surface area of a 10 is roughly 79 and a 15 is 176. so 2 10's cannot displace as much air if all things equal, however, they would be close. there are a lot of other factors that you can't just blanket statement like he did.
spl152db is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013   #1262
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

A pair of Arc Audio Arc 10s sealed and he was trying to tell me that a Diamond Audio D3 15 sealed [1.75 cu ft] moves the same amount of air as the 10s. Do note that I had an Arc Audio ks 500.1 Mini at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post
all other things being equal, the surface area of a 10 is roughly 79 and a 15 is 176. so 2 10's cannot displace as much air if all things equal, however, they would be close. there are a lot of other factors that you can't just blanket statement like he did.
Old 09-28-2013   #1263

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 EntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enough

A friend of mine swears that if you dont wire your subs down to 1 ohm you can't play "one ohm notes". And these "1 ohm notes" are really what bang.
EntombedJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1264
DIYMA 500 Club

DRKNESS

Rep Power: 127 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

^^^. WOW, really ????

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Alpine INA-W910 /Audison APK-165....

JL Audio 12TW3-D4 FOR Sale with grill.
^^^ FOR SALE
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1265
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Radio Randy
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 131 ATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the rough

Well that really sucks because I cant seem to find a 1 ohm note anywhere on my signal generators or on any of my test discs.

CDA-9886,PXA-H100,EPIC160,Hifonics series VIII Callisto,MC431m on SSMB8's,GTI508 mids(doors),MC431m on GTI408 mids,Morel MDM55's(dash),MC431m on Dayton AMT1-4's(pillars)and GTI508 mids rear,JBL GTO1201.1 on(2)MTX T8512-04 5cuft ported at 30hz,2 batteries,30F cap.5 way active.
ATOMICTECH62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1266
DIYMA 500 Club

Hybrid Audio Online

12V Company:
12v Electronics
Position:
Sales Manager

Rep Power: 119 12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough12v Electronics will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to 12v Electronics Send a message via Skype™ to 12v Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMICTECH62 View Post
Well that really sucks because I cant seem to find a 1 ohm note anywhere on my signal generators or on any of my test discs.
You have to wire the power plug in parallel, silly

Tom Meyers
tom@12velectronics.com 847-461-9520
12v Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1267

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 EntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enoughEntombedJuggalo will become famous soon enough

I've come to the assumption that he's taken to many bong rips to understand frequencies.
EntombedJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1268
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

12V Company:
Radio Randy
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 131 ATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the roughATOMICTECH62 is a jewel in the rough

Talking Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v Electronics View Post
You have to wire the power plug in parallel, silly
Ok.Ill try that,soon as I find my bong.

CDA-9886,PXA-H100,EPIC160,Hifonics series VIII Callisto,MC431m on SSMB8's,GTI508 mids(doors),MC431m on GTI408 mids,Morel MDM55's(dash),MC431m on Dayton AMT1-4's(pillars)and GTI508 mids rear,JBL GTO1201.1 on(2)MTX T8512-04 5cuft ported at 30hz,2 batteries,30F cap.5 way active.
ATOMICTECH62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1269

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 52 ndramountanis will become famous soon enoughndramountanis will become famous soon enoughndramountanis will become famous soon enoughndramountanis will become famous soon enoughndramountanis will become famous soon enoughndramountanis will become famous soon enough

Lol, wow...
ndramountanis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1270

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 57 SuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enoughSuMb0dY will become famous soon enough

1-Ohm note??? that sounds like more fun than the brown note
SuMb0dY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1271
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA super monkey!

Rep Power: 195 minbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntombedJuggalo View Post
A friend of mine swears that if you dont wire your subs down to 1 ohm you can't play "one ohm notes". And these "1 ohm notes" are really what bang.
And retards like this cant be reasoned with, lol

sent from my phone using digital farts

Original post whore!
Bent Nail Brewery

2013 Fiesta, Stock Sync HU |AC LC2i | Phoenix Gold EQ215i | Soundstream SA120 -> ID CD1eMH | Phoenix Gold T500.2 -> ID X65 | JL 500/1 -> (2) 15" Pyle PL1590BL in IB
minbari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1272
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 311 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

What the heck... I'll go there. He already bad mouths me and others anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged Corn Flakes View Post
The Kenwood will smoke that Alpine in SQ, and has just as much processing even though you don't need it.

All headunits have their own signature sound and this comparison is not even close. Kenwood.....done.
Quote:
If you want the best SQ out of the box at a reasonable price, then look no further than Kenwood Excelon units.
Quote:
New PPI is junk.
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1273

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 mat3833 will become famous soon enoughmat3833 will become famous soon enoughmat3833 will become famous soon enoughmat3833 will become famous soon enoughmat3833 will become famous soon enoughmat3833 will become famous soon enough

"you are sending WAY too little power to that sub" - local car audio shop owner in refrence to my 12" TC9 running on ~300w from the rear chanels of a Coustic 4ch amp. lol

Matt
mat3833 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013   #1274

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 52 vivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enough

"Zapco??? Sounds like some Wal Mart shit. I love Rockford amps"

W212 E63 Renntech: Bang & Olufsen Audio
Nissan D21: audio for sale!
vivmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2013   #1275
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 208 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivmike View Post
"Zapco??? Sounds like some Wal Mart shit. I love Rockford amps"
He should have been slapped on the spot.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement