**Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)** - Page 6 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012   #126
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 914 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: **Stupidest thing anyone has said to you (audio wise)**

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpndahoz View Post
Pat, there's absolutely nothing wrong with working at Best Buy!! IT doesn't matter some people will no their shit and some won't whatever/wherever the shop.
If it pays the bills and you enjoy your work, then you are pretty much ahead of the curve.....

Nobody should EVER give shit to people that pay the way and have an enjoyable life.

So I'm with ya!
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012   #127

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 101 jbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Violent Bass Air
Taco night was still worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
It`s not a hand brake nor emergency brake it`s parking brake.
Or as Mitch Hedberg said when he forgot to release it while driving the "emergency make the Car smell funny lever"
jbowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #128
DIYMA 500 Club

Vibrandt, Inc.

Rep Power: 149 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

Anything that is said by this guy is pretty much the stupidest:

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012   #129

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 101 jbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enoughjbowers will become famous soon enough

One of my favorite stupid things I've seen was a customer who came into the store asking what tweeters we carried. At the time the only ones we stocked regularly were the Alpine Type R, everything else (Focal, Polk, JL, etc) were in component sets. So I demoed the Type R components we had on the listening board and the kid lit up like a fat kid on free ice cream day and asked how much. After he heard $89 per pair, he asked what kind of deal I could make him on eleven pairs. My immediate response was "what the balls for?"

This is where it gets fun - the kid took me out to his car, which was decked out with eleven pairs of Fultron tweeters on the A-pillars - running in series off the Speaker outs from his head unit. His rationale for the overtweetage and the desire to upgrade was "Them 6x9s in the back make my words shitty, so I need a bunch of highs"

The worst thing was actually demoing my Car which was only set up at the time with a several year old set of MB Quart Premiums and a W6V2, showing him how a decent front stage and an amp would give him the clarity he was actually looking for at about $200 less than the tweeters he thought he needed, and the kid still just said "nah, how fast can you get me them tweets?"
jbowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #130
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 245 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

"My sub hit harder with the amp filter on highpass"
"We had to cut holes in the box to keep the subs from blowing it apart" This was from my uncle who's actually a skilled cabinet maker but just used a brad nailer and then silicone on the outside to put the box together. Then when my cousin secured the box in his trunk he found out the hard way that he had screwed into his spare tire.
"You need a dvc sub if you want bass and voice"
"My stock radio puts out so much Power it distorts my speakers"

I've gotta be honest, I might be a dick sometimes around people asking me about audio but when someone obviously doesn't have any hope and doesn't wanna listen after they ask for advice I just tell them whatever they want to do is what they need to do. I especially can't stand it when someone butts in while I'm talking. Now I know why a lot of the older Car audio guys are so jaded. I'm right there with them now.

2014 Grand Cherokee Limited-bone stock "premium" 10 speaker system for now. In the works-JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Tang Band car tweeter
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #131
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 245 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Anything that is said by this guy is pretty much the stupidest:

I kinda feel embarassed at times that I'm running the same brand of subs he seems to run all the time. I run Fi because they're a durable sub that sounds good. Not because they can also get stupid loud.

2014 Grand Cherokee Limited-bone stock "premium" 10 speaker system for now. In the works-JL Fix 82, c-dsp 6x8, JL XD800/8, Soundstream TN1200.1, stock rears controlled properly by minidsp 2x4 with rear fill plug-in, ID15, SB Acoustics SB17NRXC35-4, Tang Band car tweeter
Old 09-05-2012   #132
DIYMA 500 Club

Vibrandt, Inc.

Rep Power: 149 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
I kinda feel embarassed at times that I'm running the same brand of subs he seems to run all the time. I run Fi because they're a durable sub that sounds good. Not because they can also get stupid loud.
Nah, don't be embarassed. I'd love to run a pair of Fi Q's sometime. Just haven't had the right vehicle to set it up yet.

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #133
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

They work great in small boxes sealed or ported. Like .6 for a ported 10".

Old 09-05-2012   #134
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithead View Post
Nah, don't be embarassed. I'd love to run a pair of Fi Q's sometime. Just haven't had the right vehicle to set it up yet.
i gotss 2 of demss and LOVE em

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012   #135
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 122 strakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura about

I can't hate on Steve too much. I mean yeah he does the insane bass stuff because it's popular and attracts attention (dude's probably responsible for more RF and Fi sales than any of their respective marketing), but if you read or listen to any of his stuff, he says he listens to real music like rock, produced with actual instruments, when he isn't showing off. He also does nice work. If y'all haven't seen the Build in his Lexus... check it out.

But the shredding stuff with the VBA from his huge ported box... yeah...

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log
Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, Arc, Clarion, JL, Xtant/Morel, Beyma, Acoustic Elegance

Living Room System Build Log
Denon, Behringer, DIYSG, Eminence, Celestion, Denovo, Energy, Alpine
strakele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #136
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 161 BuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
If it pays the bills and you enjoy your work, then you are pretty much ahead of the curve.....

Nobody should EVER give shit to people that pay the way and have an enjoyable life.

So I'm with ya!
I agree with you completely. I make pretty good money but every morning when my alarm goes off I have to lay there and convince myself why its important to go to work and not quit my job. My job before this payed 60% less but I was excited to be there everyday and I was always happy even after work. Ive considered several times going back. I think the importance of doing something you like vs income is very underrated. I'm about to be put pn blood pressure meds for the first time in my life and before this job I was always complimented on how low my BP was.

'84 GN 10.60@ 127mph.
'07 Epic Expert
'14 Trance SX with SRAM XX1 1x11 Drivetrain.
'06 TL.
BuickGN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #137

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 74 shnitz will become famous soon enoughshnitz will become famous soon enoughshnitz will become famous soon enoughshnitz will become famous soon enoughshnitz will become famous soon enoughshnitz will become famous soon enough

"Yeah, I'm running active, because my subwoofer has a lowpass filter on it."
shnitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #138

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 59 Dejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enoughDejected Cheese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnitz View Post
"Yeah, I'm running active, because my subwoofer has a lowpass filter on it."
That is taken out of context...What I was saying was that after extensive research, I found the definition of active to be the control of the frequencies going to a specific speaker, or set of speakers, by use of a crossover before the sound is amplified...and not through a passive crossover (e.g., capacitor-type) after amplification. I never said I was running a completely active system.

I am not sure why you will not let this go, as I never claimed that setting a LPF on a sub meant a completely active system. And I did explain to you that on this forum I realized that when most people say they are running active they mean the splitting of FQs to their components as to allow for better tuning.

While, that is running active, it does not diminish the fact that parts of a system can be controlled actively, while other parts cannot.

2009 F-150 Supercrew
Dejected Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #139
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 189 captainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
My personal experiences when demoing my car:

The mention of two 15s gets respect from the loud crowd which is 95% of the people around here. The other so called "SQ" guys look down on them before hearing them, assuming I'm like the other 95%. It's gotten to the point of being annoying, EVERYONE wants to hear what the 15s can really do, even though I keep it a little on the bass heavy side as is. I've cranked the gain real quick for a few people but I don't bother anymore to throw the tune off for some idiots.

Having 10s in the doors gets the same reaction. The best solution is to not tell anyone what's in the car, at least not until after they've heard it first.

When you try to explain what the processor does, they can't get past their own "surround sound" assumption. Trying to explain a stage is pointless.

I've learned that most people quantify a good system by how much treble and 40hz bass it produces. It can sound extremely good and realistic but apparently ear bleeding treble is what they're looking for to show how "clear" it is.

That brings me to my next one... When demoing others' systems...

Infinity speakers. I think 90% of the "badass" systems I've heard have infinities and bottom of the line Kicker subs. No vocals, no identifiable instruments, everything blends together in this mess of screeching treble along with the usual overly boosted 40hz from the bottom of the line Kickers powered by a boss amp. Shit is the only way to describe these things. I want to poke my eardrums out every time.

I let a guy who has a system like this adjust mine however he wanted. I let him go to town with the MS8, every adjustment it had and lo and behold, my Dyns sounded an awful lot like his Infinity system when he was done. I was amazed, people actually want their system to sound that way.

I guess this is more things I don't like when listening to or having other people listen to my system but there have been some insanely ignorant things mentioned, most of which I try and forget as quickly as possible. I'l try and think of some more. There have been several times I almost started a topic like this one after hearing someone's car.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head which isn't that bad compared to most, a local shop said IB can't work, that it's impossible.

He normalized it It was was he percieved as normal from driving around and listening to his that way. I think it's interesting and to some extent we probably all have that "preference" for the way it sounds best to us individually. But the boom-tits sound is very annoying.

------------------------------------------------------
2016 Pennsylvania State Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- MECA Modex
2016 National Points Champion- IASCA Amateur
captainobvious is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #140
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Rep Power: 189 captainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nicecaptainobvious is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
Last week I was out messing with the trunk and had some kid walk up to me, point to my sub and ask, "what's that, a turbo?"
"No, it's the flux capacitor"

Old 09-06-2012   #141
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 248 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

Had a guy once say that he designed his enclosure...was a Decware Wicked One.

You work in retail Car audio, you just forget the dumb stuff people say cause there is a lot of it on a daily basis.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #142
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
That sounds pretty damn ghetto. I've luckily never seen/heard that. My guess would be that it's a southern thing. No offense to anyone, just the vibe I get from it.
Ive seen it in the Philly ghetto too. Bunch of fucking donkeys driving around with PA horns blasting through the hood. I agree- most annoying BY FAR.

Old 09-06-2012   #143
DIYMA 500 Club

Addicted to 12 Volt

12V Company:
TAS Electronics
Position:
Install Tech

Rep Power: 170 Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowers View Post
One of my favorite stupid things I've seen was a customer who came into the store asking what tweeters we carried. At the time the only ones we stocked regularly were the Alpine Type R, everything else (Focal, Polk, JL, etc) were in component sets. So I demoed the Type R components we had on the listening board and the kid lit up like a fat kid on free ice cream day and asked how much. After he heard $89 per pair, he asked what kind of deal I could make him on eleven pairs. My immediate response was "what the balls for?"

This is where it gets fun - the kid took me out to his car, which was decked out with eleven pairs of Fultron tweeters on the A-pillars - running in series off the Speaker outs from his head unit. His rationale for the overtweetage and the desire to upgrade was "Them 6x9s in the back make my words shitty, so I need a bunch of highs"

The worst thing was actually demoing my Car which was only set up at the time with a several year old set of MB Quart Premiums and a W6V2, showing him how a decent front stage and an amp would give him the clarity he was actually looking for at about $200 less than the tweeters he thought he needed, and the kid still just said "nah, how fast can you get me them tweets?"

I have had that same conversation with a client, only it was 15 pairs of tweeters... 10 sets in the front pillars, 5 in the b-pillars 'cuz mo' tweeters make the highs mo' crispy, yo!
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #144
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Psychopath

Rep Power: 914 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post

You work in retail Car audio, you just forget the dumb stuff people say cause there is a lot of it on a daily basis.
I worked in pro audio retail... add drugs and alcohol.

When asking a customer if they were looking into a tube or solid state guitar amp they replied, "Look man when I gotta play I gotta play now, I don't have time for fucking tubes to warm up!"

I said "Those microwave burritos are a bit crunchy and cold aren't they?
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #145
DIYMA 500 Club

iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

"I got 3 12's that I need reconed. I can't remember what kind they are but they ain't the same brand but i wanna run them all in a custom box".
I replied "why would you put more into a Speaker than it's worth when you can put that money together and get subs that actually match"? This is one of those guys that is constantly dreaming but doesn't have the money to pay to play.

Old 09-06-2012   #146
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by req View Post
A guy once told me I had "good Wang bass"

Pronounced like bass, the fish lol.

Sounds like he was hitting on you

Here's how you tell... Did he also "like your wristwatch" while you wer both at the urinals despite the fact that you don't wear a watch?

Old 09-06-2012   #147
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAbington View Post
Sorry this is a bit long but it's my favorite encounter with the dumb I've ever had.

My friend was designing an inventory computer system at a local pawn shop and called me one day asking if he could refer a girl to me who just bought a bunch of stuff and needed it installed.

She came over later that afternoon and pulled up in this beat up Chevy celebrity wagon. She said she bought some stuff that she wanted me to hook up for her.

She started by showing me the no name 500x2 amp she bought. Looking at the amp it was about 7x5x1 and weighed about 3lbs and had a single 15 amp fuse. Yeah...500x2 my butt.

I then asked what else she had. She opened up the hatch and it was full of pawnshop special sub/tweeter horn boxes. The ones with the black paper cones and yellow foam surrounds. She had 4 with 2 15's, 6 with 2 12's 6 with 2 10's and in the back seat she had 4 more of the 2 15's

She said she didn't care how the equipment was configured as long as it was
1) F****N loud
2)The enclosures in the back seat had to be secured so they wouldn't fall over on the baby seat.

I looked at her and said I don't think these will do what you are expecting.

She got really mad and said that I obviously don't know what I'm talking about because her boyfriends blazer has the same stuff and you can't hear the exhaust over the music.

I let her grab the ICP cd out of her Car and let her sit in my sc2. I shut off the sub amp switch and let her listen sub less for and showed her the switch to flip when she wanted more bass.

I told her to listen as loud as she wanted to. She sat in there for about 15 min before she flipped the switch.
When she got out she said that the switch turned off was louder than her boyfriends blazer but with it on she had never experienced anything like that.

She seemed a little miffed when I told her I only had 8's in the doors.

I asked her what she thought I had in the trunk. She said probably 2 15's and 4 12's or 10's.(again with the mix and match)

I opened the trunk and she saw nothing. Nothing at all...I started removing trim panels showing her 2 old school 10" kicker comps in a 1.5 cuft box built against the back seat then removed the side cover to reveal the 300 watt RF amp.

She was freaking out because she bought double what her boyfriends blazer had in it expecting it to be way louder than his.

I offered to help her out. She took everything back to the pawn shop and surprisingly they let her return them since they were brand new and only gone for about an hour. I was shocked though to find that she spent over $500 on this shitty equipment.

I helped her pick put a pair of 15" punch subs, a MMATS 500 watt amp and then took her to a local audio shop to get Power Wire and a decent cd player, then to the lumber yard to get some MDF. With all that equipment and supplies she wasn't even over $450.

She came back the next day and I had a box built for the subs and had the install done in about 2 hours.

She loved it.

She even referred her boyfriend to me for a system overhaul after he heard how it sounded.
That's actually an awesome story, thanks for sharing. It's good to know that there are people out there willing to help educate and get these poor lost bastards on the right track.

Tell me about the boyfriends system. Im intrigued.

Old 09-06-2012   #148
DIYMA 500 Club

more SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieL72 View Post
All new BOSS. Probably 300 watts actual if that. He had it cranked up as far as it would go, distortion included. I understood every word he said from my driver's seat in the left lane and he was in the right lane.

We saw him later at the gas station. My son and I had just finished putting in the front speakers, CD player, and amp for the front in his truck. My son was very proud of his work as I insisted that he do most of it and that I would teach him how to do it right. He looked it over and said that "Massive audio is flea market stuff and that the stock speakers were better", as well as "That CD player is junk if you need to run an amp to your front speakers. All you need to hear is the BOOM", and to top it off "That Boston Accoustics amp wouldn't push one of my subs, much less front speakers". He saw the tweeters mounted with Velcro, as we are experimenting with locations before we flush them up and started laughing at them.

We put in a Pioneer DEH 9400BH, Massive audio RK6's and a Boston Accoustics GT2200. Junky stuff indeed.

My son told him to F**k off. My thoughts exactly.
Thats awesome Donnie. I hope to have a son one day to pass on the passion. Good for you !

Old 09-06-2012   #149
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 199 SkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of lightSkizeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
That's actually an awesome story, thanks for sharing. It's good to know that there are people out there willing to help educate and get these poor lost bastards on the right track.

Tell me about the boyfriends system. Im intrigued.
x2.. story time

"You might want to pick up a MS-8 if you want to play metal"

1990 300zx Build Log
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012   #150

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 103 cheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enoughcheebs will become famous soon enough

i walked into a shop in florida. it had been there for 17 years and asked for an active crossover and the owner said what the f@#k is that? what do you want to do? so i told him i wanted to run a set of tweeters and mids and set the feq. the way i wanted. he says ok and leaves and comes back with some caps. first i know i should have ran when he said what the f@#k is an active crossover. but no. so he shows me the caps and goes these will run you 22$. (run forrest run!!! but no) i asked him how did he know what feq. i needed? he said 1000 for the tweeters and 500 for the mid. (RUN!! but no) so i explain what an active crossover does and he goes no way that can work better than a cap. i said thanks and backed out the store.

cheebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement