What amps are you using ? - Page 16 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010   #376

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 93 swong46 will become famous soon enoughswong46 will become famous soon enoughswong46 will become famous soon enoughswong46 will become famous soon enoughswong46 will become famous soon enoughswong46 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: What amps are you using ?

Powerbass ASA1100.5 for me, going to sell it though and get 2 smaller amps.
Hopefully a ARC mini 4ch and ARC mini 500.1 if I can afford it.
swong46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010   #377
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 116 manish will become famous soon enoughmanish will become famous soon enoughmanish will become famous soon enoughmanish will become famous soon enoughmanish will become famous soon enoughmanish will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to manish

I currently have:
2 jbl gto14001
2 kenwood kac-x4r
1 jbl gto7001 (wtb another one)

I started out using all kenwoods, but the x1r's died on me, so I switched over to the jbl amps. Thinking about going with all jbl at this point.

Melodic Acoustic Intimid8r and Faital Pro 3FE22,dayton amtpod-4, 1 SS TN1.1200D, will be looking for 1 SS Synthesis dsp, JBL W12GTIMKII
manish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2010   #378

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 GrandWj will become famous soon enoughGrandWj will become famous soon enoughGrandWj will become famous soon enoughGrandWj will become famous soon enoughGrandWj will become famous soon enoughGrandWj will become famous soon enough

Hi! New here But Im running

Diamond D7152 on a pair of Diamond D971's

and

Diamond D61500.1 On 4 Diamond D312D2's
GrandWj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2010   #379
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 94 troytag will become famous soon enoughtroytag will become famous soon enoughtroytag will become famous soon enoughtroytag will become famous soon enoughtroytag will become famous soon enoughtroytag will become famous soon enough

heres whats going in my 60 impala as we speak..

1.) zapco studio 500 7" alpine F1 front kicks
1.) zapco z300 4" alpine / 1.5 tweets F1 front kicks
1.) zapco z400c4 6.5 morel 2 ways rear fill
1.) zapco studio 500 10" image dynamics 4 ea. trunk

troytag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2010   #380
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 145 Se7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud of

Tru tech super billet 8, billet 4100, billet 2200.
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2010   #381

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 122 HCCA will become famous soon enoughHCCA will become famous soon enoughHCCA will become famous soon enoughHCCA will become famous soon enoughHCCA will become famous soon enoughHCCA will become famous soon enough

Boston Acoustics GT-24 (225 Watts x 2, 3 ohm stereo)
(2) GT-28's 1200 Watts/ea, 3 ohm mono. One to each of two JBL W12GTi's.
HCCA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010   #382
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 101 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

Waiting for install:

A pair of Mcintosh MCC406m's and a single Celestra DA2k (looking for another!)

Should give enough Power and flexibility to do whatever I wish
danno14 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010   #383

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 101 nirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enough

Arc audio

(2) 2300SE
(1) 4200SE

Team Hybrids JAPAN - Carrozzeria -Arc Audio - Hybrid Audio - Stereo Integrity

Toyota Alphard
nirschl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010   #384

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 234 DS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I really like that "amp rack." It's steathy, it makes very smart use of otherwise-wasted space, and it probably allows shorter (and thus thinner) power/speaker wires as well. Just Much smarter than the typical "throw 'em in the trunk" approach.
DS-21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010   #385

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 101 nirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enoughnirschl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-21 View Post
^^ I really like that "amp rack." It's steathy, it makes very smart use of otherwise-wasted space, and it probably allows shorter (and thus thinner) power/speaker wires as well. Just Much smarter than the typical "throw 'em in the trunk" approach.
^^Thank you sir.

My primary concern was easy access for maintenance. So far, so good...

And the Arc's were the perfect size for "this" set-up.

Toyota Alphard
Old 03-15-2010   #386

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 BadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enough

A combination of two of the last of the Zed made Hifonics - Generation X (a Samson and Thor) and the Rockford built MB Quart RAA-4200 and RAA-1000

BadSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #387

DIYMA Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSS View Post
A combination of two of the last of the Zed made Hifonics - Generation X (a Samson and Thor) and the Rockford built MB Quart RAA-4200 and RAA-1000

Nice!

Toyota Alphard
Old 03-15-2010   #388
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

12V Company:
performance audio of las vegas
Position:
sales

Rep Power: 96 gymrat2005 will become famous soon enoughgymrat2005 will become famous soon enoughgymrat2005 will become famous soon enoughgymrat2005 will become famous soon enoughgymrat2005 will become famous soon enoughgymrat2005 will become famous soon enough

little of this...little of that.
gymrat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #389

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 95 buddhaV6 will become famous soon enoughbuddhaV6 will become famous soon enoughbuddhaV6 will become famous soon enoughbuddhaV6 will become famous soon enoughbuddhaV6 will become famous soon enoughbuddhaV6 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to buddhaV6

currently using:
Earthquake PA2030
Soundstream Reference Class A Picasso
Alpine MRD M1001
buddhaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #390
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 145 Se7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud ofSe7en has much to be proud of

Quote:

What subs are those?
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #391

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 barrys will become famous soon enoughbarrys will become famous soon enoughbarrys will become famous soon enoughbarrys will become famous soon enoughbarrys will become famous soon enoughbarrys will become famous soon enough

Just installed vrx 1.500 and vrx 4.300 Chrome Shadow. Haven't done any tuning yet. Wife has JL 500/1 and 300/4.
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #392
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 866 sam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
What subs are those?
Appear to be MBQ's or the old Rockford with a similar basket (don't remember the model #).

Those Hifo GenX's are the most underated of all of Zed's Hifo work, IMO. I have one of each of them in storage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniVanMan View Post
When did PPI start using fat models?

Helix - Kenwood - Fountek - SEAS - xtant - Phoenix Gold
Team EMD - Team Show Kitchen
sam3535 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #393
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 96 shawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enoughshawnk will become famous soon enough

Quote:

How do those Quarts sound in IB? I was thinking about trying this out with these same drivers.
shawnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #394

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 113 BadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enoughBadSS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam3535 View Post
Appear to be MBQ's or the old Rockford with a similar basket (don't remember the model #).

Those Hifo GenX's are the most underated of all of Zed's Hifo work, IMO. I have one of each of them in storage!
They're terrible amps. Seeing how bad they are,, you wouldn't happen to have a Goliath you want to get rid of would you? LOL
Old 03-15-2010   #395

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnk View Post
How do those Quarts sound in IB? I was thinking about trying this out with these same drivers.
They are the Rockford made PWE 354s. They sound great IB. I replaced a pair of old school Orion XTR15s that I thought sounded good,, but the MBs go lower and are much tighter, or more controlled - adding 600 more watts with the RAA1000 might have had a little something to do with that though.

I have a pair of the older MB RWC204 10" subs surface mounted on the rear deck also (200 + 200watts) and they sound good running IB as well.
Old 03-15-2010   #396

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 freshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enough

Currently using:

Phoenix Gold ZPA 0.3
TRU Hammer

On the shelf:
Phoenix Gold zpa 0.5
Phoenix Gold MS2125
Phoenix Gold MS2250 fan shrouded.
freshbee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #397
DAT

Banned

Rep Power: 0 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

Nice I like the old school PG and old Tru but I must say the Hammer amps were pretty ugly.
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #398

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 freshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enoughfreshbee will become famous soon enough

Ok,

The TRU HAMMER doesn't look so nice,
but it kicks my FI SSD 12.22 very sweeeeet!
In the near future I will compare the TRU HAMMER
with my PG-MS2250 AND ZPA-0.5 on the FI sub.
freshbee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #399
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 100 s4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enough

boston gt24 @ 2 ohms for the sub
gt42 for mids and tweets
gt40 bridged for the midbass drivers which will also be at 2 ohms
s4turn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010   #400

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 91 Kellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enoughKellyo77 will become famous soon enough

Old Coustic 161se on my components. Sounds fine to me? JL 300/2 will take it's place.
ARC audio 600.1 on the bass maker.
Kellyo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement