JL 500/1
DEI 1500D
Viper D2500
Visonik V2000T

Planning on purchasing within the next couple of months-
RF Power T15004
RF Power T30001

#53 ·
In use: PPI A200.2, 2-A300.2, PC1800.1, and Monitor 2.120 (in the mud truck)
Not in use: 2-Monitor 2.70, PPI A300.2, JL 250/1, 2-Xtant 4180C (waiting to be installed in a friends car. I hope they work, right Bfrance?)

I'm supprised how many of y'all are using the old ppi am and promos series stuff. I didn't even have my liscense when those were being sold. I've always liked the art series and I may never change them out. Its good to hear about some older amps that are still running great! Down with gaudy import amps...Thumbs up for MC Hammer era American wattage!

#54 ·
SteveLPfreak said:
My old Linear Power collection still outperforms 99% of today's amps and will be working long after the industry switches to a 36V system. Why downgrade? Today's amps are not better than those of yesteryear. If anything, my testing here at work has proven that the saying, "they don't make 'em like they used to" is VERY true. Just because it is newer doesn't mean it will perform better or last longer.
Yeah, but the very fact that you're able to test the old equipment provides an inherent bias into the comparison -- the old equipment that you're testing MUST be the kind that lasts long, otherwise you wouldn't be testing it. ;)

#55 ·
Currently just an 8-channel a/d/s/ (P840) and 2-channel ESX Quantum (Q1752). I had an Orion 8004 which I recently pulled out to sell, as I've got a Directed 600d soon to take over Sub duties [putting it in a rackmount case so that I can put it in the rack with my Behringer processors and computer]. The a/d/s/ and ESX will be replaced by two homebrew amps I'm currently working on; the a/d/s/ will find its way to eBay, but I can't bring myself to part with the ESX which I've had running flawlessly for about 5 yrs now.

#59 ·
it seems everyone is posting on this one, so I figure I might as well...

My main amp is a 6 channed PG XS6600 bridged to provide 100w X2 @8ohm to my midbasses and 35w X2 @ 8ohm to my fullrange 2"ers in my A pillars (300hz up). I'm also using the internal 3 way crossover modified to work in this configuration as my main crossover.

The bottom end is filled from a MTX "blue thunder" PRO150x2 bridged to 300w X1 to my sub.

Old School American power baby!

#65 ·
Dark Matter said:
I'm using an Avionixx AXA400.2 and an Elemental Designs NINe.2X. Cheap amps, I know, but they work great...
Avionixx amps are the best budget amps IMO...

well and since the eDuh amps are rebadged Avionixx amps, they can be good budget amps as well :rolleyes:

#66 ·
AzGrower said:

well and since the eDuh amps are rebadged Avionixx amps, they can be good budget amps as well :rolleyes:
I like the NEXT VRs for budget amps, personally! :p

Too bad the supply of those is pretty much (if not entirely) dried up.

But I agree with you about the Avionixx/eD stuff. Best amps for the price.

#72 ·
AzGrower said:

From what I understand the eD and Avionixx amps only share the same build house and simular heat sinks the rest is different.

Ryan

#73 ·
#74 ·
#76 ·
SteveLPfreak said:
My old Linear Power collection still outperforms 99% of today's amps and will be working long after the industry switches to a 36V system. Why downgrade? Today's amps are not better than those of yesteryear. If anything, my testing here at work has proven that the saying, "they don't make 'em like they used to" is VERY true. Just because it is newer doesn't mean it will perform better or last longer.

Hehe, I agree...

Thus why the only amp I currently own is a 2.2HV that I use to power my type X comps. (yea, it sounds sweet)

BTW, what other stuff do you have sitting around? Shoot me a PM as to not clutter this post up though.

the 4.1 makes me drool as it is ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.