DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

What amps are you using ?

252K views 1K replies 801 participants last post by  rob3980 
#1 ·
Just as the topic says...

What are you using in your systems ?

#165 · (Edited)
hi can someone here help me please, i'm new to the audio world but would like to hit the ground running . Dont understand how to use this post either but still trying anyway I have 2 pioneer subs 3000w max each and 1000w rms. What i want to know is the Pioneer prs-d5000spl amp which max is 3000w and rms is 750w is enough to push these two subs.

#168 ·
Currently installed:

(2) Soundstream D60II
(1) Soundstream D200II
(2) Phoenix Gold MS275

#173 ·
Planet Audio HVT754 Tuber active for fronts, and Planet Audio 400.2 for my sub. I'd like to pick up an old Zed bult PA amp in white to match the tube amp, but I haven't seen one when I've had the funds.

#177 ·
My truck:
Phoenix Gold
ZX450v2 & ZPA0.5

Wifes car:
LANZAR Opti150

#187 ·
In my Civic I am running:
2 - Lunar L60x2 amplifiers (one to each door run passive FTL :()
1 - Rockford Fosgate 25 to Life Punch 150 on a DD1508

I am either going to move to an older Power 1000bd for a pair of 1508s @ 2 ohms for 1,000 watts RMS or do a Lunar L1500 on a pair of 10w3v2s @ 1 ohm mono next. Still undecided.

In my Mustang I am running:
1 - Lunar L2125 bridged to my 13w6v2 @ 2 ohms nominal
1 - Soundstream Reference 700s to my 6x8s in the doors
Factory shaker 500 subs (for now)

Next on the docket in the Mustang is to get my alarm installed and remove the SS Reference 700s because I am having horrible gain tracking issues. I may go Class D on the sub and move the L2125 to midbass duty after replacing the Shaker 8s in the doors or I may actually try to utilize the Shaker 8s off of another amplifier as dedicated midbass drivers and work in some form of replacement for my 6x8s.

My future wife's ride is about to get
1 - Orion HCCA 225 bridged to 2 ohms on a Memphis M Class 12 with an Erath Electronic Suspension module
1 - Cerwin Vega EXL-400.4 for her door comps run active

The only holdup on my fiancee's ride is ME! Again, FTL... :(

#191 ·
Still running a McIntosh MC440m 6 channel for my entire front end - and as good as it sounds, I can't see a single reason to think about changing. I love the Mc! Why? First, I love the fact that you simply can't MAKE IT sound bad if you try. Powerguard eliminates clipping - period and within a single quarter of a potentially clipped wave form, the circuit sense it and proportionately lowers the output (you can't hear it when its working unless you turn it up till its clipping 50% of the time... and then you hear the compression). I ran a lead to an led in my console so I can see when it happens - but heck, I don't like it that loud most of the time anyhow. It generates a lot of power - is perfectly silent when called for, and its built like a tank! And, you can't help but love the silly meters even if they are in your trunk haha.

Also using a plain ol' Zapco reference 750.2 for the sub... and it is also a solid performer. Lots of loud and clean music, no issues.

Less/Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.