Helix DSP Pro - Who has info? - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2014   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 296 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

< (0,2dB) > Hear a difference... well yeah, we're talking very subtle differences here though. Below what I care about really. I'm not such a hardcore audiophile xD

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Build Thread 1, Mercedes-Benz E 320T (2000) -

- Build Thread 2, VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014   #52

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25980 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Re: Helix DSP Pro - Who has info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqnut View Post
IMHO some of the strengths on the Helix include, it allows you to dial in the curve you want, you measure something and just flatten the peaks in one go, even the measuring process itself. I'm sure there's more that I'm not even aware of.
I've not one single time used the RTA feature on the helix. So, obviously it's not mandatory. Which means the Helix is no less "manual" than what you're doing with the bit10. It's just a bonus in the software. No different than using REW or another piece of software to measure your system.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

My 2006 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build Log
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014   #53

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 25980 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
< (0,2dB) > Hear a difference... well yeah, we're talking very subtle differences here though. Below what I care about really. I'm not such a hardcore audiophile xD
heck, move your head 1/4 of an inch and it doesn't matter anymore. at some point there is certainly a limit on the benefit of the high resolution. I'll be happy with 0.5dB, but beyond that, I personally don't see the necessity. That's not the selling feature for me.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:

Old 10-01-2014   #54
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 153 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
Below what I care about really. I'm not such a hardcore audiophile xD
I'm not trying to be one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
heck, move your head 1/4 of an inch and it doesn't matter anymore. at some point there is certainly a limit on the benefit of the high resolution. I'll be happy with 0.5dB, but beyond that, I personally don't see the necessity. That's not the selling feature for me.
Sure, beyond a point it's moot cause response, ta etc will all change when we move the head slightly, not to talk of different ear positioning and alignment every time we get in the car but yet we have repeatability. A good tune will sound good every time we get in the car. From purely a tuning stand point finer resolution is better imo, ymmv.

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
sqnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014   #55
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 AVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enough

I run stereo subs at home and car.
Sub sonics is also stereo and I blend my subs with my midbasses to take the load off them not to kill them at high volumes

back to the basics.
AVIDEDTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014   #56
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Browser

Rep Power: 91 A-Ron will become famous soon enoughA-Ron will become famous soon enoughA-Ron will become famous soon enoughA-Ron will become famous soon enoughA-Ron will become famous soon enoughA-Ron will become famous soon enough

Any clue who will offer these once they arrive in the states? I don't have a Helix dealer anywhere near me that I know of.
A-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014   #57
ndm
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 130 ndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enoughndm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIDEDTR View Post
Sub sonics is also stereo and I blend my subs with my midbasses to take the load off them not to kill them at high volumes
I do too.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8...gone...Got a G8GT...Waited 6 years...traded for a 2013 SRT Jeep!!...Jeep SRT
https://driiive.com/SRTJEEP/SRTJEEP/# ---http://www.cardomain.com/id/SRTJEEP
ndm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 153 sqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to beholdsqnut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIDEDTR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndm View Post
I do too.
You don't need stereo subs. Almost all recorded content below ~90hz is recorded in mono.

HU : Pioneer p-80rsII DSP Bit Ten Mid Bass : Polk SR 6500 Tweets : Scan-Speak 3004 Sub : MM 2124 4 Ch Genesis Profile Four Ultra Mono : Genesis DM
sqnut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014   #59

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 75 xconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enough

Damn it and I just got the original Helix DSP. I was going to run 10 channels with 3 way front, mono'd rear passive and sub. I was looking for a 10 channel at first, didn't realize there weren't any at the time.
xconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014   #60

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 75 xconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enoughxconcepts will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Ron View Post
Any clue who will offer these once they arrive in the states? I don't have a Helix dealer anywhere near me that I know of.
Crutchfield more than likely.
xconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014   #61

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations
Position:
Trouble maker

Rep Power: 101 mathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enoughmathematics will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to mathematics

Don (6spdcoupe) has his, hopefully he will get it installed this weekend.

08 BMW e93 | iPhone 6 Plus (Apple Music/Waze) to
Airport Express via AirPlay to Helix P Six DSP. PHD AF 1.c tweeters, and PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-basses
mathematics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014   #62
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 119 AVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqnut View Post
You don't need stereo subs. Almost all recorded content below ~90hz is recorded in mono.
K

back to the basics.
Old 10-05-2014   #63

Tends to get irritable

12V Company:
Unexpected Creations/ eXquisite Marketing
Position:
Owner/Installer/Rep/Lead Janitor

Rep Power: 5000 6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to 6spdcoupe

It's cute !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8338.jpg (74.6 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8339.jpg (79.3 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8334.jpg (57.3 KB, 118 views)

Helix DSP PRO
Dual Brax MX4s
Dyn Esotar ~430s~110s
Micro-Precision 7.16 MKIII
Dual Focal 33KX IB
6spdcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014   #64
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

i just came :P

back to the basics.
Old 10-05-2014   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

SQ Crazy

Rep Power: 113 Architect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enoughArchitect7 will become famous soon enough

Architect7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 68 REGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enough

wait wait wait, no one said anything about a 30 band *P*eq per channel... wtf I want one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
If you spend 6500 on a single sub, I will drive to your house and punch you in the balls.
REGULARCAB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014   #67
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 208 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Paragraphic.. if only it was parametric

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 68 REGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enoughREGULARCAB will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
Sigh.. my brain has failed me once again

Quote:
If you spend 6500 on a single sub, I will drive to your house and punch you in the balls.
Old 10-06-2014   #69
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 116 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post

It is parametric.

Paragraphic just means a parametric EQ with the visual slider layout of a graphic EQ.

The frequencies and Q are still adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN
subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
It is parametric.

Paragraphic just means a parametric EQ with the visual slider layout of a graphic EQ.

The frequencies and Q are still adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh snap!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Old 10-06-2014   #71
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMAddict

Rep Power: 208 SkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to allSkizeR is a name known to all

Doesn't paragraphic mean the band's are set frequencies but the q is adjustable?

Daily driver finished. Project car under construction
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014   #72

Bikinpunk

Don, can you tell me what the dimensions are or provide some comparison pics of the new vs current one?

I've got one on order through Steve (Cook) and am curious if I'm going to have to relocate it since the current one is already in a tight spot.

Thanks in advance if you can.

Follow my blog:

Time Delay Calculator:

Old 10-06-2014   #73

Tends to get irritable

12V Company:
Position:

Rep Power: 5000 6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute6spdcoupe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
Don, can you tell me what the dimensions are or provide some comparison pics of the new vs current one?

I've got one on order through Steve (Cook) and am curious if I'm going to have to relocate it since the current one is already in a tight spot.

Thanks in advance if you can.
Very, very little difference in size .. 178 X 151 X 40

Helix DSP PRO
Dual Brax MX4s
Dyn Esotar ~430s~110s
Dual Focal 33KX IB
Old 10-06-2014   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 113 Huckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
It's cute !

Question, did you get an advance Helix DSP Pro, or is it released to the public yet?

Thanks

Huckleberry Sound
Huckleberry Sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014   #75

Tends to get irritable

12V Company:
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry Sound View Post
Question, did you get an advance Helix DSP Pro, or is it released to the public yet?

Thanks
It is not yet released anywhere.

Helix DSP PRO
Dual Brax MX4s
Dyn Esotar ~430s~110s
Dual Focal 33KX IB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement