Old 05-07-2016   #1
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Supporting Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 135 Electrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enough

Default TM65 mkII

As many of you who are clicking on this link are already wondering:

A) I said I was not going to continue manufacturing TM65's.
B) See A.

Yes and yes. Read literally - my employees were not going to Build 6.5" woofers anymore. Doing so was too tedious and too costly.

However, my recent aliance with the Build house that produces the M25 tweeters has spurred me towards a more pefected IB 6.5" woofer. The build house in question is owned and operated by a previous lead engineer of a different build house. Said build house is the top tier of their country with pricing to match that of any other high-end manufacturer (Germany, Sweeden, France, etc).

The fantastic quality of the M25's have prompted me to continue making speakers for the DIY community despite what I said earlier of getting out of the DIY industry as a whole. The latter was said because I [me, my company, etc] was not going to assemble any more small drivers. Larger drivers of sizes at least 10" through 24" drivers are not a problem. However, the smaller drivers are an issue regarding the time it takes to build them. The new build house that manufacturers the M25's is XBL^2 certified and I trust their manufacturing abilities along with their fit and finish.

So with the latter being said, I have designed a successor to the TM65 which will be produced by the same company that produces the M25's.

Same goals as before but with improved performance. 2.39" deep mounting depth. Higher Qts to yield better "IB" (mounted in a vehicles door) performance. Custom tooled cast alunimum basket with integrated rain shield to keep water off of the back side of the cone. Push terminals. Lower inductance optimization with multiple shorting rings for higher frequency extension while not sacrificing low end performance. Single 2 Ohm operation as 99.9% of TM65 D4 customers wired the coils in parallel.

I hope to keep pricing to/below $149 per driver if not lower. I will know more once the manufacturer gets back to me with production costs.

Here are a few renderings of the driver. FWIW, the cone will have our logo raised in the poly material just like our DS4-18:

Rear picture:

Front picture without logo on the cone:

Off-center views:

Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2016   #2

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 48 norurb will become famous soon enoughnorurb will become famous soon enoughnorurb will become famous soon enoughnorurb will become famous soon enoughnorurb will become famous soon enoughnorurb will become famous soon enough

Default re: TM65 mkII

Fantastic! Subscribed! Too many exclamation marks?!
norurb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 28 Aldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enough

Omgggggggggg!!!!
Aldaa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016   #4

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 31 muzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enoughmuzikmanwi will become famous soon enough

Sounds good.
muzikmanwi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 204 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

That looks awesome. I was wanting to try some of the TM65, but it looks like I'll just have to get in on the (presumptive?) pre-order on these instead!

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/Anarchy/JBL W15GTix3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 37 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Those are sexy.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (2) 10" SD3's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 71 seafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enoughseafish will become famous soon enough

Wow…value for a used TM65v1 just DROPPED. LOL

In any case, I am hoping that even though this new woofer will be a little deeper then the v1, that it might still utilize the same cut out diameter and maybe even screw pattern as the v1 just so those of us who have the v1 and want to upgrade can do so with minimum install changes.

Of course if keeping those parameters the same are going to effect the SQ design of the v2, then please simply ignore my idea.
seafish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 140 Inferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enoughInferno333 will become famous soon enough

I may not even get the first set installed before these come out.
Inferno333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 50 Weigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enough

Damn it, I haven't even gotten around to trying out the tM65's I picked up and my M25's haven't even arrived either. Now you have me thinking of getting in on a preorder for these. Damn you.
Weigel21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #10

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 61 thebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enough

Nice! I haven't got to unbox my recent TM65 purchase!!

thebookfreak58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 56 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

Nice!

Any possibility for an 8" in the future?

crackinhedz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 37 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

I know someone is going to ask so I will just go ahead and ask..

What kind of ETA are you thinking on these? Christmas presents or before?

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Xtant Tweets, AF GB25, (2) 10" SD3's
PG Ti2 1000.4-->GZNK 165SQ
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 99 nineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enoughnineball76 will become famous soon enough

And here's 3 pairs of v1 that'll never get used.
nineball76 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #14

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 19 Errldaily will become famous soon enoughErrldaily will become famous soon enoughErrldaily will become famous soon enoughErrldaily will become famous soon enoughErrldaily will become famous soon enoughErrldaily will become famous soon enough

Very exciting! Probably going to have to give these a try.
Errldaily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #15

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 58 RRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enoughRRizz will become famous soon enough

Im buying.... and how about an answer on the 8's....................

DEX P99rs / Zapco / CDT / SI / MECA Street 3rd place 2016 World Finals
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #16

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 93 bucky340 will become famous soon enoughbucky340 will become famous soon enoughbucky340 will become famous soon enoughbucky340 will become famous soon enoughbucky340 will become famous soon enoughbucky340 will become famous soon enough

Thank you!

I've been saving one pair of TM65 as a back up for my install, while debating what to do about a top notch shallow mid bass for a dear friend's fox Mustang. Those require a very shallow door Speaker if you aren't allowed to hack the cards and Build them out substantially.

Dilemma over--my friend can now rock an almost all SI install: TM65, M25, and a Mag V3. I guess I'll have to go with 10f's for the mids, although the TM65's work very well in a two way in my install.

Good news.

Last edited by bucky340; 05-08-2016 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: "mids" not "kids" ;)
bucky340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Loyalist

Rep Power: 154 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Awesome Nick! Looking forward to seeing / hearing these!

bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 98 PorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enough

I was wondering what the success of the m25 would bring. Be interesting to see the difference between the 2 drivers. Good to see cost friendly drivers that are of higher end materials.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

'15 Focus ST, SI M25, TM65v1, BM MKiv x2, ARC 1200.6, JBL MS 8
PorkCereal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 120 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafish View Post
Perfect. Might have to start watching the classifieds.

White wagon - Nexus 7, Helix, PDX this and that, Speakers, A Sub and a rats nest of wiring.

Need test tracks? PM me
naiku is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #20

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 49 frontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enough

Very interesting! Sub'd...
frontman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #21

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 35 WhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enough

Subd
WhiteL02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #22

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 74 kmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enoughkmbkk will become famous soon enough

Subd! Like others, I have a pair of TM's I haven't even tried out yet, but will probably get tin on the pre-order for these.
kmbkk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #23
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 65 adriancp will become famous soon enoughadriancp will become famous soon enoughadriancp will become famous soon enoughadriancp will become famous soon enoughadriancp will become famous soon enoughadriancp will become famous soon enough

This is really awesome! Hope this could lead to a small midrange being developed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
adriancp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Enthusiast

Rep Power: 77 Golden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafish View Post

Yup! I bet they'll start hitting the classifieds in large amounts now. Too bad to all those people who were charging a premium for them. Hahaha

Golden Ear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016   #25

DIYMA Novice

Rep Power: 20 strohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enoughstrohw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Ear View Post
Yup! I bet they'll start hitting the classifieds in large amounts now. Too bad to all those people who were charging a premium for them. Hahaha
You could buy them BNIB for like $220 shipped which was the price he sold them for on clearance. =]

Plus 2.3" depth on the originals will work in practically any vehicle compared to the proposed 2.9" depth on these ones.
strohw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement