Zapco DSP-Z8 IV - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #26

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 18 sq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Zapco DSP-Z8 IV

So any news about this barricuda? This thread is very quiet and I am still interested in any opinions you have on it.
sq2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #27

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 99 barracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq2k1 View Post
So any news about this barricuda? This thread is very quiet and I am still interested in any opinions you have on it.
Wow.
This is rare.
I'd answer to many questions of you guys, and none appears.....
Anyway, here they are on more time
barracuda777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #28

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 99 barracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enoughbarracuda777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thank you very much for the info and update barricuda, much appreciated. I do have a few questions. Is it possible to use paragraphic and graphic eq simultaneously(I know you said you have not messed with the eq yet, but maybe it is a question you can answer in the near future after doing so). And 500 dollars is price for the unit here in the U.S.? I know you are in Mexico, so just want to make sure. Thanks again!
You can use paragraphic and after graphic eq.
But if you move again on paragraphic you would erase what you did on graphic.
So, I guess the better answer in no. Lol
500 bucks is US target price
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #29

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnae38 View Post

Sorry if I missed it... other thing I'm particularly interested in is APF capability, does this have all pass filters?
No.
As I know, you can found this on Z12
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #30

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post

Any ideas on the cost of the Z12 and Z16 HDR units??? Or when they might be released??? I want the WiFi access point and want to know if full-control of all functions will be available through the WiFi via tablet or smartphone?

THIS is what I have been waiting for - and I can't believe it hasn't happened yet, in today's technology-rich marketplace.

Come ON Zapco, get them out on the market, already!
Z12 and HDR versions will start from. 1000 to 2000 US Dls aprox for the highest models with the possibility to choose from different DAC and OpAmp.

Released was for December, but Zapco still add more functions so... I hope for January or February
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #31

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rton20s View Post

Perhaps it is in the manual, but is there any information as to what type of crossovers are in use? Is it safe to assume they are Butterworth?

Lastly, one of the things I was hoping to see was the ability to do L-R in the mixer. Even better if it would allow you to select percentages. I would also be interested in knowing the maximum delay available. But, I suppose it makes some sense to limit somewhat limit the capabilities on the Z8-IV when they should be releasing the DSP-Z16 HDR and DSP-Z12 HDR soon.

Maybe barracuda777 can clear some of this up. I really appreciate the sharing of information!
Xover s slopes are Butterworth as I know is. But I am still waiting for confirmation from. ZAPCO.

L-R would be on Z12 and other great functions as I know.

About Delay, it depends on the max value entered.
If you enter a 200 mm distance for the more distant speaker, 200 would be the max delay available on other speaker.
So if you want to play with more than reality, you can put twice or more as Max value and this way you can play with.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 106 papasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura about

I'm no longer on here as much as I was in the past, but after a week or more I am hoping to also be able to answer some questions. Been testing and plan to have it installed this coming week.

papasin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #33

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasin View Post
I'm no longer on here as much as I was in the past, but after a week or more I am hoping to also be able to answer some questions. Been testing and plan to have it installed this coming week.

Are you planning to put in your Car Richard?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Rep Power: 106 papasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda777 View Post

Not my Civic, but my Electric Smart. If all goes well, it'll be at CES in the MECA booth.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #35

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 18 sq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the updated info Barracuda....You giving some info on the HD units pricing definitely has me pondering which one I will pick. I am just waiting for specs to be made available and then I will probably finally start my new install. Out with the old, in with the new which has been sitting here for several months.....
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Quote:
Xover s slopes are Butterworth as I know is. But I am still waiting for confirmation from. ZAPCO.

This is what I was told as well.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #37

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Quote:

Not my Civic, but my Electric Smart. If all goes well, it'll be at CES in the MECA booth.
Linda's ride?
Did you made other changes since last CES?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #38

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 cobravin 2 will become famous soon enoughcobravin 2 will become famous soon enoughcobravin 2 will become famous soon enoughcobravin 2 will become famous soon enoughcobravin 2 will become famous soon enoughcobravin 2 will become famous soon enough

Any time frame on the 12 coming out?
cobravin 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Default Zapco DSP-Z8 IV

Quote:
Linda's ride?
Did you made other changes since last CES?

No, I have my own. Build log is on here somewhere...it's a 2013 fully electric.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobravin 2 View Post
Any time frame on the 12 coming out?

I was told target is March.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #41
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 128 cmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enoughcmusic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was told target is March.
Well that will give me more time to save up to buy it, got to look on the bright side!

What is the main advantage of the HDR 16 over the HDR 12 other than more channels? With the 12 one can do a three way front stage, stereo subs, stereo rear fill, and a two way center channel if needed. If the 12 and the 16 have the same processing capabilities then the only ways I could imagine the four additional channels being used is for a three way stereo rear fill or stereo rear fill with a "side surround" channels. Both are really not needed unless it is being used in the most over-the-top systems.
cmusic is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #42

DIYMA freshman

So I called atrend yesterday to see when the DSP-Z8 IV would be available through them and the person I spoke with told me either the last part of January or possibly middle of February. Figured the info may be useful for anyone looking at the thread.
Old 1 Week Ago   #43

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Audiophile Trading
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 100 nigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to nigel1977 Send a message via Skype™ to nigel1977

Reviving an older thread.

I just installed my Z8IV.

no audio out. Im wondering if my unit is bad. Or is there a newer or even older version of the GUI I can try.

I also have an horrible issue with the scaling of the display. Its very small on my Lenovo Carbon.

Rebuilding...
nigel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 199 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel1977 View Post
Reviving an older thread.

I just installed my Z8IV.

no audio out. Im wondering if my unit is bad. Or is there a newer or even older version of the GUI I can try.

I also have an horrible issue with the scaling of the display. Its very small on my Lenovo Carbon.
Argh, God. This isn't good news... display scaling (lack thereof) has been one of the biggest complaints with the Zapco software I've had. I do NOT want it to be an issue anymore, I had hoped they would pay attention and fix that problem.

I will be looking elsewhere if this new system is buggy. Let us know if you figure things out.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/Anarchy/JBL W15GTix3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #45

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 6 Swaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enoughSwaglife81 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am still leaning towards the future releases of their new processors with the built in RTA and HD player but this unit does look nice as well. Just wish there was more info on the new units coming out on the horizon.
Plus one. Technology is amazing these days. No reason not to have what you listed above. Software should be great too, I love how Helix software is setup. Easy, looks good and modern look to it
Swaglife81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #46

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
Argh, God. This isn't good news... display scaling (lack thereof) has been one of the biggest complaints with the Zapco software I've had. I do NOT want it to be an issue anymore, I had hoped they would pay attention and fix that problem.

I will be looking elsewhere if this new system is buggy. Let us know if you figure things out.
I was wondering if you talking about DPN v10 (Z8 and Z8III).
That was a common issue due to this old software with no backup from developper. Thats why Zpaco got so many problems with.

Now, I got the IV and no issue with resolution display or software or something like that.
Just want to check before going further.

Zapco-Audiofrog-Eton-BG-Image Dynamics...

..and a beast in progress
Old 6 Days Ago   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Richard

Default Zapco DSP-Z8 IV

Pics my better half took of the ADSP-Z8 IV at CES 2017 in the Zapco suite.

Zapco owner giving me a rundown of the products (and more)...

Old 4 Days Ago   #48

DIYMA freshman

12V Company:
Audiophile Trading
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 100 nigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enoughnigel1977 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to nigel1977 Send a message via Skype™ to nigel1977

I figured out the no audio issue. The DSP was not putting out anything on the rem out. I never bothered to check if my amps were coming on. I took the unit out, tried it on my bench, and got audio. measured the remote out, g0t 3.2.

Its workable for now. I sent off an email to John, outlining that and several other areas that can be improved.

As for the scaling of the display, its the dpn 1.0.16 (IIRC) DSP Z8vIV.

Rebuilding...
nigel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #49

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 53 BMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enoughBMW Alpina will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel1977 View Post
I figured out the no audio issue. The DSP was not putting out anything on the rem out. I never bothered to check if my amps were coming on. I took the unit out, tried it on my bench, and got audio. measured the remote out, g0t 3.2.

Its workable for now. I sent off an email to John, outlining that and several other areas that can be improved.

As for the scaling of the display, its the dpn 1.0.16 (IIRC) DSP Z8vIV.
Hello,
Is your unit a prototype unit or already supposed to be full production unit?
BMW Alpina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement