2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017   #51
DIYMA 500 Club
 
PorkCereal's Avatar
 
DIYMA Regular
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: boston ma
Posts: 724

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 99 PorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enoughPorkCereal will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Be careful not using that load. Once that factory amp over heats it emits a high frequency that will melt tweeters. It was a thing posted in the st forums about the Sony systems.

'15 Focus ST, SI M25, TM65v1, BM MKiv x2, ARC 1200.6, JBL MS 8
PorkCereal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-07-2017   #52
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 127

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7 valow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkCereal View Post
Be careful not using that load. Once that factory amp over heats it emits a high frequency that will melt tweeters. It was a thing posted in the st forums about the Sony systems.
I assume you're referring to the FIX-LSA-4? the only reason I removed it was due to calibration issues. I can certainly add it in again as it worked both ways.
valow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017   #53
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 214

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 25 dawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by valow View Post
It's in and working - I'm very happy with it, but also found some learnings that I wanted to share. First, the LSA-4 was NOT necessary. The system doesn't mute, and grabs signal just fine. I ran the mids to 1/2, highs to 3/4 and left the sub out, until...

Worked out the kinks this morning. Had a couple of silly calibration issues which I can only relate to a poorly crimped barrel connector. That resolved it, recalibrated fine. After all was said and done, the subs were WEAK. To the point all the volume or gain in the world wouldn't help them. There are two leads coming off the Sony amp to the factory sub. We pulled the factory sub enclosure apart and sure enough, no amp inside the factory box, just a dual voice coil 8". Hooked a 9v to the leads and it moved. So we took ONE of the factory sub inputs and connected it (mono) to the TwK. All of a sudden, BOOM. Subs are banging now. Naturally, YMMV but this is what I've found so far and had success with. If the sub becomes an issue, disconnecting and recalibrating isn't difficult.

I have a Mini-DSP UMIK1 mic that I used with REW. Naturally, the peaks in my RTA readings didn't fall within the 10 bands given. But, JL was nice enough to allow you to MOVE a band (for example, I can change 250 hz to another setting predefined within the TwK). Moving that, and adjusting the Q seemed to help move the peaks out of the RTA readings. I'll have to play more, and I need to tune the subs still.
While I am not disputing your results I would recommend double checking your wiring on the mid and tweet inputs to make sure that nothing is out of phase.

It has been well documented that the sub channel clips rather quickly to the other channels and should not be used. That is the same reason that Rob recommended that it isnt used.

When I started working on my truck I did a lot of research between this forum and others. I even discussed the install with the guys at several shops and not one had issues with bass output without using the Sony sub outputs.

Also have you disconnected the rear speakers? If so you may need some type of resistance on those outputs to keep the Sony from cycling.

I have used both the AudioControl LC7i and the 3Sixty3 and have never used the sub output.
dawaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2017   #54
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 127

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7 valow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawaro View Post
While I am not disputing your results I would recommend double checking your wiring on the mid and tweet inputs to make sure that nothing is out of phase.

It has been well documented that the sub channel clips rather quickly to the other channels and should not be used. That is the same reason that Rob recommended that it isnt used.

When I started working on my truck I did a lot of research between this forum and others. I even discussed the install with the guys at several shops and not one had issues with bass output without using the Sony sub outputs.

Also have you disconnected the rear speakers? If so you may need some type of resistance on those outputs to keep the Sony from cycling.

I have used both the AudioControl LC7i and the 3Sixty3 and have never used the sub output.
Funny you should mention that, since I literally just spoke to JL. The amp I have is older than what you have apparently because it's doing everything correctly. No clipping is happening and it hasn't shut anything down.

Rear speakers high levels aren't connected to anything, but I can look at that. I have them wired direct to the amp that's driving them.

What is the date of manufacture of your truck? Also, did you pull the factory sub out of the enclosure? What was inside? Mine was very simply a dual voice coil 8" sub.

Edit: To that note JL confirmed they have seen some Sony amps not provide a full range signal with just the mids and highs from the front...which mine wasn't. The bottom half was missing, say 20-50 hz.

Edit2: I have another FIX-LSA-4 coming for the subs. It's connected mono FYI. I can terminate the rear door high levels to that, and just leave it disconnected from the FiX, worst case.
valow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017   #55
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 214

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 25 dawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by valow View Post
Funny you should mention that, since I literally just spoke to JL. The amp I have is older than what you have apparently because it's doing everything correctly. No clipping is happening and it hasn't shut anything down.

Rear speakers high levels aren't connected to anything, but I can look at that. I have them wired direct to the amp that's driving them.

What is the date of manufacture of your truck? Also, did you pull the factory sub out of the enclosure? What was inside? Mine was very simply a dual voice coil 8" sub.

Edit: To that note JL confirmed they have seen some Sony amps not provide a full range signal with just the mids and highs from the front...which mine wasn't. The bottom half was missing, say 20-50 hz.

Edit2: I have another FIX-LSA-4 coming for the subs. It's connected mono FYI. I can terminate the rear door high levels to that, and just leave it disconnected from the FiX, worst case.
My mfg date is 08/14. My prior post should have said I have been messing with it since January 2015, not 2014.

The issue with the sub channel has be documented for a while. At least as far back a the 2012 models. 2012 Ford F150 Raptor

Its been so long since I pulled the factory sub out that I cant say for sure if the amp is on the box but I can say for sure that while it might not be line level it is a lower level output than the rest of the speakers. IIRC the Sony sub is 2 ohm per coil or something to that affect.

One thing you can do is check the factory signal on each channel as outlined in this thread. Testing factory frequency response per channel then you will know exactly what kind of signal response you are getting.

As far as the clipping issue with the Sony amp it isn't something that is always constant. I have heard people that had no issues and then all of a sudden the amp goes into a vicious clipping cycle and they find themselves needing new tweeters...
dawaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017   #56
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 127

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7 valow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawaro View Post
My mfg date is 08/14. My prior post should have said I have been messing with it since January 2015, not 2014.

The issue with the sub channel has be documented for a while. At least as far back a the 2012 models. 2012 Ford F150 Raptor

Its been so long since I pulled the factory sub out that I cant say for sure if the amp is on the box but I can say for sure that while it might not be line level it is a lower level output than the rest of the speakers. IIRC the Sony sub is 2 ohm per coil or something to that affect.

One thing you can do is check the factory signal on each channel as outlined in this thread. Testing factory frequency response per channel then you will know exactly what kind of signal response you are getting.

As far as the clipping issue with the Sony amp it isn't something that is always constant. I have heard people that had no issues and then all of a sudden the amp goes into a vicious clipping cycle and they find themselves needing new tweeters...
This is all awesome information - thanks.

I suppose my question then becomes why am I not getting a full range signal out of that Sony amp using just the mids and highs? That's the part that confuses me. JL even said some of them don't send it with just those 4 speakers. I can test the signal coming out of those connections when I get home.

Edit: I think I remember an install cross up with my friend and I...the subs are wired mono, but were out of phase. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. (neg to pos, pos to neg).

Last edited by valow; 01-09-2017 at 07:39 PM..
valow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017   #57
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 29

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 30 Dustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default

Do you have the sync with the large screen? I was able to get a flat constant signal before the amp, just tapped into it and ran an RCA to the helix. I get most vehicle sounds as well as calls, still working on the output for the other tones, need to put a scope on the alert signal. I did it this way because the helix doesn't have volume adjusted eq, so I use the helix volume control. The small sync screen is supposed to be even easier.

I previously had a bit one, very good integration. Fed the front tw/mids and rear channels out of the Sony amp, didn't use the sub output. The good thing about the bit one is it has dynamic eq to adjust for factory volume curves. All volume controls and settings worked perfectly. I'd still be using it if it had a parametric eq and some other advanced options.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017   #58
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 44

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 91 marcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default

Ok, I have 2013 F150 FX4, all options. Yes stuck with factory H/U because of its controls. You have to use signal post amp. Also, just use RT and LT door Speaker outputs post amp, because they are full range. No need to sum tweeters, because they are full range with bass blockers installed in line. No need to sum sub output, because door speakers are full range. I have Rockford Fosgate 363.3 and it works flawless hooked up with no summing required. Again you have complete full range from LT and RT door speakers. Pics of how I did my midrange and tweets. Sounds good, will be doing pods down the road for tweets. Both are scanspeak, with SI TM 65
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170105_143610_1484023100504.jpg (68.1 KB, 38 views)
marcus1033 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #59
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 127

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7 valow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

I do have the Sync with the large screen. It's a can bus H/U so I didn't tap anything pre-amp...it's all out of the amp. I'm stumped as to why I didn't get a full range signal out of the doors (RT and LT mids, plus the Tweeters). I'm not running a Helix, but a JL FiX then optical out to a JL TwK.
valow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #60
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 214

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 25 dawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by valow View Post
I think I remember an install cross up with my friend and I...the subs are wired mono, but were out of phase. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. (neg to pos, pos to neg).
This could have a lot to do with it. Look at the link that I posted on measuring the factory response. It is really easy to do and you can see exactly what the response is on each output.
dawaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #61
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 214

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 25 dawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Do you have the sync with the large screen? I was able to get a flat constant signal before the amp, just tapped into it and ran an RCA to the helix. I get most vehicle sounds as well as calls, still working on the output for the other tones, need to put a scope on the alert signal. I did it this way because the helix doesn't have volume adjusted eq, so I use the helix volume control. The small sync screen is supposed to be even easier.
I am curious to hear how you accomplished this with the audio signals running on the CAN-BUS. Can you share the details?

The Sony amplifier also provides the audio for the Sync and Navigation systems as well as other audio alerts. I would like to hear how you compensated for those as well.

There are a few threads about people being able to re-program the ACM unit but that also requires a bit of re-wiring to account for the audible alerts and the last time I spoke with the individual that posted he was able to do it he was still working the bugs out and it looked like it was going to require re-programming several modules for users with the Sony systems.
dawaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #62
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 214

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 25 dawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by valow View Post
I do have the Sync with the large screen. It's a can bus H/U so I didn't tap anything pre-amp...it's all out of the amp. I'm stumped as to why I didn't get a full range signal out of the doors (RT and LT mids, plus the Tweeters). I'm not running a Helix, but a JL FiX then optical out to a JL TwK.
You could always try using just the RT/LT and recalibrating and see if that makes a difference.

I have mine torn apart at the moment so if I have time I will try hooking some speakers up to the RT/LT outputs to see if they are in fact full range.
dawaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #63
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 127

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7 valow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawaro View Post
You could always try using just the RT/LT and recalibrating and see if that makes a difference.

I have mine torn apart at the moment so if I have time I will try hooking some speakers up to the RT/LT outputs to see if they are in fact full range.
That is part of my question - the door speakers (mids) were suppose to have a full range signal. I wonder if the tweeters being connected some how interfered with that. I get home late Friday but have some clean up to do on the system, add the LSA4s back in and try again. I'll bring in just the mids/doors and see if that brings in full range. I'll also do what you linked and see what signal is coming out, for sure. I can report back Saturday or Sunday. I intend to continue populating this thread as the Sony system seems to be a giant PITA for all.

Edit: Selfishly enough, I do wish Rob would chime back in.
valow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #64
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 127

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7 valow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

So I understand the process you linked, I'm going to have 1 high level attached to the FiX, say the sub. I'll run RCA to 3.5 and connect to my laptop - then run a sweep to see what REW plots? I can't do this via the TwK because it's being sent a flat signal from the FiX
valow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #65
DIYMA 500 Club
 
optimaprime's Avatar
 
DIYMA Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: beaver ok
Posts: 1,120

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 131 optimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (4)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

I have 2013 crew cab fx4 with Sony and 8 inch screen will be doing two way active with helix dsp. I plan to just get signal from Sony amp high levels feed that to my helix. I have way that my buddy does it he's on here with kicker raptor Build crew cab using kicker amps with dsp built in.I copy and paste his way. I am torn between using some 20ohm resistors which are super cheap or fix 82 with load adaptors. If your talking little over 300 bucks for that. So the Sony amp see some kinda load.

But theseee go to 11!!!
optimaprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #66
DIYMA 500 Club
 
optimaprime's Avatar
 
DIYMA Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: beaver ok
Posts: 1,120

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 131 optimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (4)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Jowens500 is his name. I like his idea. Grab highlevel signal from rear doors feed that to helix dsp for front components. Then you take the high level signal from fronts and feed that to rear doors so you get all your factory chimes and noises . I am only doing two active upfront with sub. Leaving rear stock doors.

But theseee go to 11!!!
optimaprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #67
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 29

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 30 Dustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enoughDustin will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default

A 2013/2014 F150 with sony/myford touch does not use a can-bus signal for audio into the DSP, at least not for music and calls. There is a fixed level flat analog signal coming out of the ACM you can tap into. 4 wires labeled Stereo L +/- & Stereo R +/- on the schematic. However I have not been able to get the navigation tones. I have read where others were able to get these tones out of the alerts signal from the ACM, but I need to do some more probing with a scope. I went this route so I wouldn't need to buy the FiX. I am hoping the sony DSP doesn't store these tones.

As for the Sony outputs into the Fix not giving a full range signal, that is awfully strange as everyone seems to say even just the tweeter signals alone are full range. I can't personally say as I've never looked at the output. I can say that when I had a local shop do my previous install, they used the front tw and mids and the rear channels, no sub input. I did have full range. Your best bet is probably just to read the actual outputs and find out like you're planning.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #68
DIYMA 500 Club
 
optimaprime's Avatar
 
DIYMA Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: beaver ok
Posts: 1,120

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 131 optimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enoughoptimaprime will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (4)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Hmmmm this sounds like super pain in the ass .

But theseee go to 11!!!
optimaprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #69
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 214

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 25 dawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enoughdawaro will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by valow View Post
So I understand the process you linked, I'm going to have 1 high level attached to the FiX, say the sub. I'll run RCA to 3.5 and connect to my laptop - then run a sweep to see what REW plots? I can't do this via the TwK because it's being sent a flat signal from the FiX
It is only going see the frequency range supplied by the output. If the mid range isn't supplying a full range output the TWK can't make up for that. This is why you check the outputs individually. This will show you which outputs are full range and which ones are not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
dawaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #70
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 127

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7 valow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawaro View Post
It is only going see the frequency range supplied by the output. If the mid range isn't supplying a full range output the TWK can't make up for that. This is why you check the outputs individually. This will show you which outputs are full range and which ones are not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
And I agree with that - however if I ran the mids and highs (doors and tweeters) to the FiX, ONE of those should provide a full range signal. The TwK will deal with what it's handed and like I said, didn't get full range.

I can at least check each, including the rear doors and see where I'm getting a full range. I just have to better understand the process using REW to do it.
valow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #71
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: houston, texas
Posts: 18

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0 Unsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

As a owner of a 2016 focus st3 I am waiting on one of these devices to do my install.

DSR1 - 8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module | Rockford Fosgate®

XR600-6DSP | eXcelon | Car ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your Car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Axxess Digital Signal Processor

they all can plug in before the stock amp volume control.
Unsecured_WiFi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #72
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 44

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 91 marcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enoughmarcus1033 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default

Sorry, just read about you not getting full signal from mids. Sorry, I skipped that part. Maybe try F150online for advice. I'm sure someone on that site has had that issue.
marcus1033 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017   #73
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 127

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 7 valow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enoughvalow will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus1033 View Post
Sorry, just read about you not getting full signal from mids. Sorry, I skipped that part. Maybe try F150online for advice. I'm sure someone on that site has had that issue.
Just asked over there. Thanks for the tip.
valow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017   #74
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
jtaudioacc's Avatar
 
jtaudioacc
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cerritos, Ca.
Age: 48
Posts: 1,858

12V Company:
JT Audio & Accessories
Position:
Owner/Installer/Janitor

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 108 jtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura about


iTrader: (28)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsecured_WiFi View Post
As a owner of a 2016 focus st3 I am waiting on one of these devices to do my install.

DSR1 - 8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module | Rockford Fosgate®

XR600-6DSP | eXcelon | Car ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your Car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Axxess Digital Signal Processor

they all can plug in before the stock amp volume control.
those are pretty exciting. hope at least one of them works great. lol

jtaudioacc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017   #75
 
DIYMA freshman
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: houston, texas
Posts: 18

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0 Unsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enoughUnsecured_WiFi will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: 2014 Ford F-150 w/ Sony - OEM integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaudioacc View Post
those are pretty exciting. hope at least one of them works great. lol
Christ on a cracker™ one of them better. I will even go the pac route with no dsp if it just functions.
Unsecured_WiFi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014, 3sixty, f-150, helix, jl audio, lc7i, ms-8, oem, sony, twk d8

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
First name
Last name
Do you work in the 12 Volt industry?
Do you work in the 12 Volt industry?
Youtube Channel
Enter Your Youtube Username, And It will Be Linked To In Your Posts!
12V Industry - Company Name
Your company name.
12V Industry - Your Position
Your position in your company.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Ad Management by RedTyger

Home | User CP | Members List | New Posts | ITrader | Faq | Post Spy