Value of a/d/s/ 320 is signature series - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017   #1

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 mrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enough

Default Value of a/d/s/ 320 is signature series

I'm seeking a info and opinions on the a/d/s/ 320 is 5.25" component set. The set I have is brand new in the box, never used, never hooked up, some of the wires even have styrofoam stuck to them from being untouched for so long. It's a matched set, serial numbers are correct.

Were all 320 is sets "signature series", or are these special?

Searched the classified forum and ebay sold listings, seems like value might be $200 or up but honestly that seems low given their reputation. I'd like to offer these to a DIYMA member, but want to offer them at a fair price for someone who will enjoy them. Once I figure that out I'll post in the classified forum.

At work so pictures will have to wait till 4pm cst.

Thanks in advance.
mrj7500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 48 HardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Value of a/d/s/ 320 is signature series

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj7500 View Post
I'm seeking a info and opinions on the a/d/s/ 320 is 5.25" component set. The set I have is brand new in the box, never used, never hooked up, some of the wires even have styrofoam stuck to them from being untouched for so long. It's a matched set, serial numbers are correct.

Searched the classified forum and ebay sold listings, seems like value might be $200 or up but honestly that seems low given their reputation. I'd like to offer these to a DIYMA member, but want to offer them at a fair price for someone who will enjoy them. Once I figure that out I'll post in the classified forum.

At work so pictures will have to wait till 4pm cst.

Thanks in advance.
I'd be willing to pay $200 for them plus your shipping costs as long as they are truly NIB & you can properly package them so they don't get damaged in shipment. I'd prefer some good high res pics of the cones, surrounds, & spiders of the mids as well as pics of the cones of the tweets.

I don't see that you've ever sold anything here before. I have bought something once, and I do know that there's quite a few rules with regards to how sales are handled. Just an FYI. We'll figure it out tho. I definitely want 'em. Cash in hand. I had a pair of these jacked that were BNIB when my house got robbed back in '97, and I've been looking for pair to replace them ever since.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
HardCoreDore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #3

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 0 mrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enoughmrj7500 will become famous soon enough

Appreicate the offer, at this point I'm looking for opinions. $200 may in fact be a good deal, but is it fair for their exclusivity and quality, not to mention the fact they are BNIB. I may eBay them to maximize profit. Classic supply and demand.

Do you have any idea if all the 320's were "signature series"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 03-20-2017   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 48 HardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enoughHardCoreDore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Appreicate the offer, at this point I'm looking for opinions. $200 may in fact be a good deal, but is it fair for their exclusivity and quality, not to mention the fact they are BNIB. I may eBay them to maximize profit. Classic supply and demand.

Do you have any idea if all the 320's were "signature series"?

I know a lot about a/d/s and their component sets. They, along with Boston Acoustics were the heart & soul of many of my builds back in the early to mid 90's.

I've gotta say though... It's really hard for me to find motivation to give you information on something that you will then turn and use to inflate it's price. List them on eBay with No Reserve and let the market set the price. If you don't want to do that, I can probably go a little higher.

If you do go with eBay you need to watch out for the scammers that buy and then swap shit out. Ebay/ PayPal is heavily geared towards buyers as far as disputes go. There's an infamous scammer (search this site for Andy4879) who's notorious for doing crazy shit like buying​ new speakers or amps & then swapping them out for old/blown ones & doing a dispute. He wins all the damn time and screws people over. He uses several aliases too so be careful on eBay​.

Old 03-20-2017   #5

DIYMA freshman

You are absolutely justified in saying that, bottom line I would prefer to offer them to someone on here. You sound like someone who would really enjoy having them given your history.

eBay is such a gamble now days. I got burnt once on eBay on a sale, it pretty much didn't matter what I said the buyer was right and I had to refund their money per eBay's buyer protection.

Would you be in a position to offer $250 pending your satisfaction with their condition? I still think thats less than what I could get for them I have to absolutely stress they are in perfect, perfect, perfect condition. I'll throw in shipping through UPS ground, insured for the full purchase price. I will post pics up as soon as I get home.

Old 03-20-2017   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
You are absolutely justified in saying that, bottom line I would prefer to offer them to someone on here. You sound like someone who would really enjoy having them given your history.

eBay is such a gamble now days. I got burnt once on eBay on a sale, it pretty much didn't matter what I said the buyer was right and I had to refund their money per eBay's buyer protection.

Would you be in a position to offer $250 pending your satisfaction with their condition? I still think thats less than what I could get for them I have to absolutely stress they are in perfect, perfect, perfect condition. I'll throw in shipping through UPS ground, insured for the full purchase price. I will post pics up as soon as I get home.

That sounds good to me contingent upon pics & condition (obviously). Post em up TTYL

The Following User Says Thank You to HardCoreDore For This Useful Post:
mrj7500 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 26 will. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enough

If only all deals were this easy....I'll offer you 275......

Just kidding . Nice speakers though

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
will. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #8

DIYMA freshman

Here's the link to the album: http://s1044.photobucket.com/user/mr...0320%20is%20SS

Old 03-20-2017   #9

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 106 YellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enough

I used to swear by their amps. Still have a pair of PQ20.2's lying around the garage somewhere.
YellowC4S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Rep Power: 153 HIS4 will become famous soon enoughHIS4 will become famous soon enoughHIS4 will become famous soon enoughHIS4 will become famous soon enoughHIS4 will become famous soon enoughHIS4 will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't expect to get much more than you're already getting offered. While they are excellent speakers, remember that they are somewhere between 20-30 years old now. From what I recall, the original 320is were about $600 new.

2016 Porsche Cayman GTS - OEM HU / The rest is a work in progress...
HIS4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #11

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS4 View Post
I wouldn't expect to get much more than you're already getting offered. While they are excellent speakers, remember that they are somewhere between 20-30 years old now. From what I recall, the original 320is were about $600 new.

Thank your for the information, I just don't know the market that well.

Old 03-20-2017   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 146 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

I am old enough to remember when these were selling new on the shelf. To the right buyer these are worth at least double the $275 that is being discussed. Unless you need the $275 to put food in your childs mouth, i would suggest that you step back and do a little more research. You have something special here...don't do something you will regret in a month.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
HelixDSP / Director
PG Elite.5
KAXBLTWT/Sinfoni Maestoso
IDQ8
miniSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Thank your for the information, I just don't know the market that well.

I will definitely take them as they look amazing they'll go to good use as my car's front speakers very soon. I'll send you a PM & thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to HardCoreDore For This Useful Post:
mrj7500 (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
I am old enough to remember when these were selling new on the shelf. To the right buyer these are worth at least double the $275 that is being discussed. Unless you need the $275 to put food in your childs mouth, i would suggest that you step back and do a little more research. You have something special here...don't do something you will regret in a month.
This kind of shit... Drives me crazy... Smh...

Old 03-20-2017   #15

DIYMA freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post

Double the asking price huh? Wow, thats amazing. I too think that if I had the time to wait for the right buyer I could get more.

Old 03-20-2017   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Addict

Rep Power: 146 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreDore View Post

You know i am right... and this is not a for sale thread, so i can say anything i want, he is asking for the value and i told him. There might not be a cleaner set of 320's in the entire country. So stop shaking your head and admit you are excited to steal these from the OP.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
HelixDSP / Director
PG Elite.5
KAXBLTWT/Sinfoni Maestoso
IDQ8
miniSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 26 will. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enoughwill. will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Lol what does ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
will. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017   #18

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 145 spydertune is on a distinguished roadspydertune is on a distinguished roadspydertune is on a distinguished roadspydertune is on a distinguished roadspydertune is on a distinguished road

Question Re: Value of a/d/s/ 320 is signature series

Quote:

What exactly is a "signature series"? Is that denoted on the packing? If yes, pics please.
spydertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

DIYMA Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydertune View Post
What exactly is a "signature series"? Is that denoted on the packing? If yes, pics please.
He posted an Imjur gallery a few posts back that u can look through. I think he meant "Anniversary Edition" as that's what the packaging says. I'll give them a closer look when I receive them.

Old 03-27-2017   #20

DIYMA freshman

Rep Power: 145 spydertune is on a distinguished roadspydertune is on a distinguished roadspydertune is on a distinguished roadspydertune is on a distinguished roadspydertune is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He posted an Imjur gallery a few posts back that u can look through. I think he meant "Anniversary Edition" as that's what the packaging says. I'll give them a closer look when I receive them.

Could not get the link to work, keeps sending me to a blank page.

Anniversary makes sense, I remember that. I've got a 320is set and thinking about putting them in as well. Very good performers.
spydertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement